Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I don't know why but I actually liked GCB. It's the only one of the Desperate Housewives-type rip-off show that I enjoyed.
    GCB was good, it's too bad ABC canned it because a small group of people didn't like the shows name.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Think of how The Mother must have felt. Especially with him going on and on about how great Robin is

It makes me like the Ryan Reynolds version better. On the negative it doesn't have Neil Patrick Harris but on the positive it doesn't take too damn long to reveal the mother and I somewhat care for the main character
    ...There's a Ryan Reynolds version?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    ...There's a Ryan Reynolds version?
    Yeah. It's called Detinitely Maybe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitely,_Maybe
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Yeah. It's called Detinitely Maybe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitely,_Maybe
    Wow: they even link to HIMYM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

You know what makes this version better? It's shorter
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

I prefer Season 5's finale as a fitting ending but Season 7 wasn't as bad as Season's 8 & 9, which to me nevver happened.
    What, you didn't enjoy the issue where a demon came up to Buffy and said "You will pay....your student loans!" Ha ha ha...good stuff. smdh

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    but that cuts both ways...look at any of the Star Trek series...how many of those actors moved on to have anything close to what they had with Star Trek?

do you know what Harry Kim from Voyager is doing these days? he's a stand up comedian
    That's a coincidence...a lot of Star Trek Voyager was a big joke. Sorry, couldn't help it. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    It was not meant to last that long. The first plan that was brought up was that they would be 60 seconds long, just highlighting the major events of the Clone Wars. Well, Lucas liked the early test footage so much that he expanded it to nineteen five minute shorts and then gave episode twenty a longer run time, in order to introduce Grievous. Following the success of that, the second round of shorts were created and designed to lead into ROTS, concurrent to "Obsession" and "Labyrinth Of Evil". Lucas opted to have the show developed in-house with the creation of Lucas Animation, with three hundred employees in both California and Singapore.

According to Lucas, the first series was essentially a pilot for what they wanted to do with the current series.
    I agree that the original Clone Wars was far more interesting than the current series, although I did like the recent episodes with the Jedi younglings. They seriously need to do a Jedi Academy cartoon.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Well, it isn't like it's their official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    GCB was good, it's too bad ABC canned it because a small group of people didn't like the shows name.
    Yea I was not sure if they canned it because of that or something else as the ratings were not too bad. What's stupid is that Christian groups whined about it, yet it was really the most Christian/family value show they had on tv as far the characters and so forth. How dumb are these people that they killed the only show that their audience would watch just because of the title? Meanwhile their audience will be exposed to Modern Family.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Really devout Christians, who take their religion too seriously, really don't like it when their faith is slandered in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Better Off Ted was an interesting idea, and sometime it was good, but most of the time it was boring, and not all that funny. It was like ABC's crappy replacement for Pushing Daisies.
    Wow, your the worst!

Really devout Christians, who take their religion too seriously, really don't like it when their faith is slandered in any way.
    Yea but now they won't have anything to watch.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergman View Post
    Wow, your the worst!

It wasn't a very good show, not everything that hangs around for one season is good. Pushing Daisies on the other hand was great.

Yea I was not sure if they canned it because of that or something else as the ratings were not too bad. What's stupid is that Christian groups whined about it, yet it was really the most Christian/family value show they had on tv as far the characters and so forth. How dumb are these people that they killed the only show that their audience would watch just because of the title? Meanwhile their audience will be exposed to Modern Family.
    the ratings weren't great....and it kind of lost steam toward the end of the season

pilot and the first two episodes after that were damn funny though
    Support your local roller derby league

Yea but now they won't have anything to watch.
    If they're really the obsessive type, they probably watch the various religious channels if they can afford digital cable, or a dish.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Really devout Christians don't take anything too seriously. As a famous Christian apologist says, "Moderate strength is shown in violence, supreme strength in levity."
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton