Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    They let Stacy X be an X-Man.
    Xmen are not super heroes at their core,X-men is school that train mutants to live and control their powers and live peaceful with humans.Time and Time again xmen have shown the care about protecting mutants first.

Avengers is a super human agency dedicated to protecting the world,If superhuman could help Avengers why wouldn't they be able to join the Avengers.Now they should be a group in inside of the Avengers which are the elite. Basically anybody can join Military but they are special forces inside in which only a few elite members exists,Not everybody can join the Navy seals,Force Recon,Rangers, Delta force etc.

Finally people need to stop crying that Avengers are sucking up all the superheroes,In the real world it called DoD and everything from Border patrol,US military,FBI fall under it,Simple put who cares what that they are all called they are all DoD. In Marvel it is called Avengers ,It is not that hard to for Avengers to have splinter groups called the Defenders,Champions,Liberators.All heroes being under one banner does not take away ability to have separate groups

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Xmen are not super heroes at their core,X-men is school that train mutants to live and control their powers and live peaceful with humans.Time and Time again xmen have shown the care about protecting mutants first.
    This seems slightly at odds with several years worth of X-Men stories-not least the one in their very first issue, in which these characters who are "not superheroes at their core" were immediately sent out to stop a supervillain from menacing the world in general...

Avengers is a super human agency dedicated to protecting the world,If superhuman could help Avengers why wouldn't they be able to join the Avengers.Now they should be a group in inside of the Avengers which are the elite. Basically anybody can join Military but they are special forces inside in which only a few elite members exists,Not everybody can join the Navy seals,Force Recon,Rangers, Delta force etc.

Finally people need to stop crying that Avengers are sucking up all the superheroes,In the real world it called DoD and everything from Border patrol,US military,FBI fall under it,Simple put who cares what that they are all called they are all DoD. In Marvel it is called Avengers ,It is not that hard to for Avengers to have splinter groups called the Defenders,Champions,Liberators.All heroes being under one banner does not take away ability to have separate groups
    None of those groups have ever been depicted as Avengers splinter groups.

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    I think that's just what Cap used to tell Starfox when he couldn't avoid running into him: "Oh, yeah. I called, but you were out".

Realistically, if they were absolutely desperate for just one additional Avenger for a mission, I think most people would call the Two Gun Kid before they'd call Starfox...
    Nah, I'd call the guy with actual powers (no matter what his lifestyle choices were) before I call the dude who is just a real good shot.

D-Man (when he was sane and breathing) is more useful than Two Gun.

Yeah, if the Avengers ever need somebody to go undercover at a Rodeo or something, he is your guy otherwise (shrugs).

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Realistically, if they were absolutely desperate for just one additional Avenger for a mission, I think most people would call the Two Gun Kid before they'd call Starfox...
    Why wouldn't I want to call in the guy who can fly and is superstrong, who is the son of Mentor, ruler of a race of Eternals on Titan, whose technology is light-years ahead of Mr. futurist's and who is the bother of freaking Thanos?
    I'd call him ahead of Echo, Silver Claw, Two-Gun Kid and maybe even of freaking Luke Cage (what can he do, that half a dozen of other Avengers can't do better?), not to mention many others. Potentially, Eros can be a great character. Simply nobody has ever taken the time to develop him into such. "Cosmic pervert" is more fun.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Why wouldn't I want to call in the guy who can fly and is superstrong, who is the son of Mentor, ruler of a race of Eternals on Titan, whose technology is light-years ahead of Mr. futurist's and who is the bother of freaking Thanos?
    I'd call him ahead of Echo, Silver Claw, Two-Gun Kid and maybe even of freaking Luke Cage (what can he do, that half a dozen of other Avengers can't do better?), not to mention many others. Potentially, Eros can be a great character. Simply nobody has ever taken the time to develop him into such. "Cosmic pervert" is more fun.

Peace
    Oh, come on. The man actually called himself 'Starfox' and you're surprised nobody takes him seriously? He also has one of the most irritating personalities in comics. If he'd been there when the Masters of Evil attacked Avengers Mansion, they wouldn't have beaten up Jarvis. Because Jarvis would have been busy holding Starfox down for them to hit.

Peace
    There was a series of 8 pagers in Marvel Comics Presents featuring Starfox back in the 80's.

They are actually pretty fun.

They feature him adventuring in space with rescued Space Hooker Heater Delight and lycantropic Bluesman Howling Wolf (yes THAT Howlin' Wolf).

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    You have to assume that many reserve Avengers are either on other missions, off world or just plain not answering their phone.

I mean, Moondragon, Quasar, Mantis and Starfox weren't even on Earth the last we saw any of them.

The difference between now and prior depictions of the Avengers is that before the writer would actually make it clear that say, Cap tried calling Starfox but couldn't find him or something.
    And really, I think that's all that needs to be done more often.

Just have a quickie scene indicating that Steve tried contacting more people for assistance, but had problems doing so for whatever reason (they're busy or off world or are taking their kids to soccer practice or whatever).

I suppose to some degree in a lot of cases it's less necessary for Steve to call in the reserves since he's got so many standing teams of Avengers available. Adjectiveless Avengers (really wish they were called Mighty since I hate calling them adjectiveless), New, and Secret in addition to the staff at Avengers Academy and the Young Avengers. For most problems, that's probably enough. There were legitimately instances where they did need more help... Fear Itself for example. And I think Steve did try to get the Initiative back up and running to fill that void rather than personally calling reserve Avengers in. So in that case it was handled in a different manner.

Peace
    I think Star Fox is an instance where a guy who has super powers isn't necessarily a super hero. Don't get me wrong, he was a pretty solid Avenger when he was put in the book, but generally speaking I don't think Eros is a guy that necessarily wants to spend his time battling the forces of evil. That's not to say he won't necessarily help out if he's really needed and asked (though he's probably one of the tougher people to call when you need a hand), but in a lot of ways I think he falls into the category of of people who aren't necessarily good Avengers simply because they're not even really super heroes. I think he joined just for the hell of it for a short time, then went off and did his own thing.

Someone like Sersi, who I LOVED as an Avenger, to some degree I think falls into that category. I don't think she's someone that necessarily wants to suit up and go out to battle the forces of evil. Not everyone has that sort of mentality. Most "gods" don't. Guys like Thor is more an exception than a rule.

Isn't anyone with superpowers an avenger by default at age 18 as a result of the registration act? I never quite see the ramifications of civil war all these years later, but that was the impression i got.
    Reading: All New X-men, Batman, Cable+X-force, Harley Quinn, Morning Glories, Sex, Sexy Criminals, Uncanny X-men, Walking Dead, X-men
    Like gum? yumyumgum.com

Quote Originally Posted by kakitamike View Post
    Isn't anyone with superpowers an avenger by default at age 18 as a result of the registration act? I never quite see the ramifications of civil war all these years later, but that was the impression i got.
    I'm not sure everyone who was registered in the Initiative was officially considered an Avenger. Sometimes they used the Avengers battle cry... but I don't know if that really counted. Either way, the SHRA was tossed out, so it's a non-factor now.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

It always was easy to become a member. Kooky Quartet ring any bells?! They were a bunch of virtual nobodies. Avengers is not some exclusive club.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    It always was easy to become a member. Kooky Quartet ring any bells?! They were a bunch of virtual nobodies. Avengers is not some exclusive club.
    Not exactly. Even in the original Stan Lee story it's mentioned the amount of red tape and string pulling that Tony Stark had to deal with to get Pietro and Wanda on the team. Later additions (retcons) made it even more complicated. Hawkeye was a case of being on the right place at the right time. While not an exclusive club (one of those ciggar smoking rich sexist guys clubs comes to mind), being an Avenger used to mean something, and it was never as easy to join as it does seem to be nowadays.

Peace

BANNED

lol who did tony have to pull strings with? janet?

BANNED

Let me guess AcesX1X does this new post involve a list of why Stacy X is a better leader. (end of sarcasm)

Yes a pity that the Avengers has become an all out anyone could join.
    I liked the reason why non of the more well knowns could join.
    Spider-Man juggling his stressful life and Wolverine hating Governments from past experience
    and doesn't trust the Avengers for their connections the Government.
    I prefered the Avengers back when there members consisted of B listers
    over the Justice League look with added with derivatives with the personality of hired guns.

BANNED

what does stacy x have to do with tony pulling strings with janet?