Thumbs up Lip Service Returns as a TV show! Watch the premiere.

As previously stated in the post of September that Lip Service would return as a video show on the official #YouTube channel of Kiss Me Comix. That time has arrived.

If you have been following KMC production of Lip Service on our Facebook page:
    www.Facebook.com/kissmecomix.1275 or Twitter :www.twitter.com/kissmecomix we've been chronicaling our steps for production which took longer than what we wanted, but at last the Premiere of Lip Service is up and so far the responses have been good.

While the show is not perfect, and it has been edited for content, Lip Service will continue as a podcast. The podcast will air all the little tidbits that will get left out all shows. You can watch the premiere launch of Lip Service http://youtu.be/7NSQW-KNbH0,
    let us know what you liked or didn't like so that we can make Lip Service the go to web show for independent comic news.
    Last edited by kissmecomix; 10-24-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: wanted to change video link
    Rod Jenkins, Barbara Jenkins, Robert Boyd
    Kiss Me Comix
    Read our Titles: Serenade, Bountyhunter, Excessive Force, Lynx, and Spectrum.
    coming soon Siren's Song
    http://www.kissmecomix.com
    Let us know what you think!

You said, literally, that busty characters in comic books can lead to "societal breakdown as a whole", body image stuff etc etc... hyperbole much? I don't think Power Girl and Catwoman are going to lead to the downfall of civilization. And busty women do exist in real life, ha. Though those micro waist sizes are often drawn unrealisticly. And personally I don't find it harmful, though of course if every character looks like that it'd be boring, but the crusade against I think it is very overblown. And why does this always only apply to female characters? But even if you do find it a bad thing... "societal breakdown as a whole"? C'mon now.

In general, the podcast seems to have a very businesslike, kind of serious tone to it, I'm used to comic podcast being a bit more laidback and wacky. Just some feedback, good luck with the show.
    Last edited by PsychoGoatee; 10-24-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    DROKK IT!!

You make a very excellent point Pyschogoatee, about the smaller waists and such,
    and I agree also that it's not just female characters, but also males too, but I was focusing in on the recent article about Disney using Minnie and Daisy, as super thin models, and such. A societal breakdown? Ok granted that may be a bit melodramatic, but I was trying to put emphasis on the point: Images that we (I too am a publisher) produce create an impression, some may last, some not , but an image sends a message along with it, and it that message that may or may not shape a person.

I also will take note of your comments and try to not to be so stiff, at the same time comics are a business and art form at the same time, and I know that there are others who have a laid back approach to comics, and that's okay. I also see where, that same approach is also what leads to non-comic readers to take this industry seriously, so hence the different approach. I truly thank you for watching the premiere, and I will take your comments to heart, in developing the next show, and will use this conversation as part of my closing commentary.

Thank you once agains for wacthing and hope you watch our upcoming show.
    Rod Jenkins, Barbara Jenkins, Robert Boyd
    Kiss Me Comix
    Read our Titles: Serenade, Bountyhunter, Excessive Force, Lynx, and Spectrum.
    coming soon Siren's Song
    http://www.kissmecomix.com
    Let us know what you think!