Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Be honest with me, does Spidey need a reboot?

I mean, I think it does. Spider-man is a timeless iconic story that is based on the kid in all of us but the man we will become. I think Marvel should some how reset Spider-Man back to being 16 and somehow start incorperating the modern age feel of what Spider-man stands for, like Blue Beetle for starters. Replacing Peter for someone else would not be wise since thiers only one identity that people know of Spider-Man, Peter Parker. And somehow the 616 verse will have to change to, maybe not entirely but to the point where Peter is young but not so amateruish when being in the hero scene and is more a myth than a fellow hero in thier world.

Personally I'd would want to keep Amazing Spiderman running so I can see Spidey being one of the top brass of Avengers and not a fanboy status guy who tells jokes, appriated enough to be a name just like Cap and Tony but not entirely whorshipped as a god, just to show some relevance in over 50 years of printing Spidey. Maybe as far as his underdog status, I'd at least make him stary from epic adventures like the other heroes and stick the NY as the top street level hero and maybe team up with the team only to be involved with his own rouges gallery in a common world wide threat or event that requires his knowledge and skills.

But I feel if they want to add a new hip feel, they should reeboot the entire series and start over. Like everyone up till this point including Harry and his father, May, MJ, and his villains would be retconed into a staring phase and become more or less like Peter is but helping him build up his legacy.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

nope. Hes fine continuing on the way hes going.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    nope. Hes fine continuing on the way hes going.
    But does Cardiac need a reboot? Would that give him more exposure.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    nah hes a fringe character.... he just needs a good story to bring him back

Will you all support me in trying to get him back into comics. Please don't ban me for speaking of this awesome character in the threads here. I just want him to get awareness.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

If you ask me, all it really takes is Slott popping up to drop a cryptic hint about "maybe in the near future" and you'll have a 20 page thread about how Cardiac's the new Spider-man by next tuesday. Dont even need new material at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    You're the biggest Cardiac fan there is, aren't you? :]

Nope! Not at all.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Does he ever. He really fell off the wagon since the 90's.

Thumbs down

No, doesn't need a reboot. A tweak here and there maybe, but not a reboot.
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Yes. In fact, I would say the entire Marvel U needs a reboot. And this is coming from a continuity nut.

No, it doesn't.

It doesn't need a reboot, but if it did get one are you think along the lines of Spider-Man Chapter 1 where the events happened of the original series with a different outlook, or something along the lines of Ultimate Spider-Man where everything is re-imagined.?

Quote Originally Posted by lazyav4 View Post
    It doesn't need a reboot, but if it did get one are you think along the lines of Spider-Man Chapter 1 where the events happened of the original series with a different outlook, or something along the lines of Ultimate Spider-Man where everything is re-imagined.?
    Re-imagined.

But I say no. You can't reboot Spider-Man unless you reboot every other Marvel character as well.

We have 'relaunches' these days, where old plot points end and new ones begin. That is easy enough to follow and allows for genuine intrigue and suspense.

Brand New Day was one, Big Time another and Superior (and Marvel NOW) seems to be the next one.

I don't see any need for a reboot. That's what Ultimate Comics is for.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC