Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    I don't trust Veritas yet. Not completely. Although Superman seems to. And I think Cyborg Superman would fit right in.

And it's interesting that a writer talks openly about making things up along the way. Like some other people have said other writers have done this to great success, like Morrison and I think Waid. Perhaps this is the medicine the Superbooks needed. Superman #13 made me smile.
    Yeah. Same here. Looking forward to this week's issue of Superboy. I admit, it'll be the first issue of Superboy I've bought since the relaunch ... come to think of it, it'll be the first crossover event I've checked out in a long time. I wonder if we'll discover more about H'El or if he'll still be lurking in the background, like the last page of Superman #13 ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    Is not the first time he's done it, he actually criticize Johnathan Hickman and maybe Mark Waid(they do not get along) for the way they layout stories in advance.
    to be fair, no one gets along with Waid.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by davidgrantlloyd View Post
    Yeah. Same here. Looking forward to this week's issue of Superboy. I admit, it'll be the first issue of Superboy I've bought since the relaunch ... come to think of it, it'll be the first crossover event I've checked out in a long time. I wonder if we'll discover more about H'El or if he'll still be lurking in the background, like the last page of Superman #13 ...
    I'm thinking the H'El reveal will happen in Superboy #13. He'll kick Superboy's ass, and then, seeing Kara's feelings about Krypton and Earth, he'll try to sway her to his side. I'm still curious about the dead Kryptonian dragon thingy.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by davidgrantlloyd View Post
    Lobdell suggested (keep in mind, I'm paraphrasing) that while he has some idea of his plans, he also tends make some things up along the way. While this can be percieved as risky, I'd argue that it's quite courageous; and there have been many artists, writers, performers, etc who have utilised spontaneity to great dramatic effect in various artistic fields because it can liven up the senses when used well; also in the cut-throat world of monlthy mainstream comics, deadlines, etc, the ability to constantly stay on one's toes and think fast is a definite asset.

Lobdell stated, "[T]he New 52 gave us fresh chances. In 'Superman' #13 when Clark quits the Daily Planet, you could have started the New 52 in that moment. I would hate for in two years if people are like, 'Oh, I liked the New 52 when it came out, but now it's more of the same thing.'"

This is the kind of approach, I believe, the Superman title needed. Unpredictability. The first 12 issues obviously copped criticism for being stale (I dropped the title after #8). Lobdell and Rocafort, with their energy and freshness, have given a shot of adrenaline to the man of steel, judging from #0 and #13.
    Agreed. This is the "New 52" and there will be plenty of time for these characters to grow and, in the case of Lois and Clark, grow together.

I'm not currently buying Superman, but I'm strongly considering dropping Action after Morrison leaves, and then picking up Lobdell's Superman. I didn't really care for Perez's or Giffen's Superman issues.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Agreed. This is the "New 52" and there will be plenty of time for these characters to grow and, in the case of Lois and Clark, grow together.

I'm not currently buying Superman, but I'm strongly considering dropping Action after Morrison leaves, and then picking up Lobdell's Superman. I didn't really care for Perez's or Giffen's Superman issues.
    At least give Action a try. Don't leave because Morrison is leaving. That is the worst thing you could do to the character. After all it's the character and his success that should really matter not who is writing it. If you try it and not like it after a issue or 2 then by all means give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    At least give Action a try. Don't leave because Morrison is leaving. That is the worst thing you could do to the character. After all it's the character and his success that should really matter not who is writing it. If you try it and not like it after a issue or 2 then by all means give it up.
    Well, I was definitely going to keep an eye on it and the reviews, but the only thing I've read from Diggle was his Batman Confidential issues, and I didn't like it. Tony Daniel on art isn't a plus either, IMO.

We'll see. I was only planning on getting one Superman book, and this seemed like a good time to transition from Action to Superman.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Well, I was definitely going to keep an eye on it and the reviews, but the only thing I've read from Diggle was his Batman Confidential issues, and I didn't like it. Tony Daniel on art isn't a plus either, IMO.

We'll see. I was only planning on getting one Superman book, and this seemed like a good time to transition from Action to Superman.
    Pick up his Adam Strange: Planet Heist. Killer stuff.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
    Wow. So profound. Can you be my life coach?
    Sarcasm? Either way, thanks for the compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    After all it's the character and his success that should really matter not who is writing it.
    I can't disagree more strongly.

If I stay with the book, it's because I also like Diggle, not because the character is the only (or even the most) important thing.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    to be fair, no one gets along with Waid.
    He was quite a pleasant guy when I spoke w/ him at SDCC!!!
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I can't disagree more strongly.

If I stay with the book, it's because I also like Diggle, not because the character is the only (or even the most) important thing.
    And your a Superman fan how with that way of thinking?