Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

1. I'm absolutely excited about everything Lobdell is planning in Superman. I would like to see him expose Suicide Squad.

Citing another subplot, this time surrounding a reporter who interacted with Lois in "Superboy" #1, Lobdell said he had planned something for the reporter but lost track of it over time.
    2. So are we getting this resolved in Superman? I hope so.

"Spoiler alert! We'll be seeing her back in her original form soon,"
    3. I actually like her Onyxy and all. It made her look so unique. Losing it would just make her look like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Lois and Jimmy basically just had cameos in this issue- neither of them were even there at the time when Clark gave his speech to Edge or when he left.
    The fact they had camoes doesnt make it any better.Like i said I wld preffered that Clark lft the dailyplanet with Jimmy and Lois not just Cat.Lobdells hinted that Lois wont be happy with Clarks decision-so dhes not joining him anytime soon.Well be loosing Jimmy as well.

Not a fan of Lobdell and personally I think it’s kind of pathetic that this book is on it’s 3rd creative team in the last year.
    If DC just created something called the NEW 52 then they should probably hand over the title to a writer with a bit more of a 'modern sensibility'.

Whatever you think of Lobdell's portrayal of Lois..... it is wildly inconsistent.
    At the moment she is indeed being treated as low-ranking supporting cast member, rather than vital player.

And Clark comes across like an immature teenager, not knowing what he wants. I'm all for a Superman with identifiable human emotions, but 'likeable non-idiot' is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by burroughs View Post
    At the moment she is indeed being treated as low-ranking supporting cast member, rather than vital player.
    And yet, Lois is featured in 13 out of 14 issues of Superman. With the only issue that didnt feature her being the one that was the origin of Krypton.
    Its as if Superman fans just want the only supporting characters to be Lois and Jimmy. Is this the reason why the Superman family could not be expanded unlike the Batman family? As the years go by, Batman just seem to add more and more interesting characters to his rosters and people celebrated the fact that there is such a huge array of supporting characters, sidekicks, partners.
    Lois is in 13 issues out of 14, Jimmy is in 12 issues out of 14 and both characters are still going to be important part of his life. Yet, some Superman fans are still complaining about the them not being vital players. Is this just about shipping Clark and Lois together? Are some Superman fans that are so attracted to soap opera that without their OTP they are unable to enjoy Superman as a sci-fi superhero?

Its also weird how none of the posters over here were outraged that Green Arrow is on its 4th creative team, yet its pathetic that Superman is in its 3rd creative team. Whatever it is, it seems like when a writer doesn't write a particular character the way they would prefer, its automatically 'inconsistent' and lack of 'modern sensibility'

I highly doubt Lois Lane who is a senior staff in a media conglomerate would just quit her job just because Clark made a speech about how he does not like the way the company works. If Lois Lane wants to make a stand, she has to actually thought things through and agree exactly with the way Clark feels. But I guess anything that removes panel time for Lois and Jimmy is oh so wrong.

BANNED

This thread confirms my fear that Superman fans are as crazy as Wonder Woman ones. Just took a shake-up like this to reveal those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    This thread confirms my fear that [some] Superman fans are as crazy as [some] Wonder Woman ones. Just took a shake-up like this to reveal those colors.
    Fixed it for you

It's part and parcel of fandom, regardless of what the fanship is of.

Thanks a lot! They want apples, you give them apples and they go "Oh no! I prefer tomatoes"!

burroughs complained about Lobdell's portrayal of Lois. He has just written one issue! He just stated Lois would play an important role. This is a major crossover event. A lot happened in this issue and he could still find some space to put in Lois and Jimmy. This is a Superman title no Superman feat Lois and Jimmy! Action Comics #13 didn't have Lois in it at all. So do you hate the way Grant is treating her as well?? *sigh*
    Cerebral Assassin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    3. I actually like her Onyxy and all. It made her look so unique. Losing it would just make her look like everyone else.
    Like who exactly? The amount of superhumans from India in DC and even Marvel is staggeringly low compared to the amount of people there.

Quote Originally Posted by abhilegend View Post
    Stop talking about the things you don't know anything about. Sacred knight has bitched about SM/LL more times than I can count. As for rest of your post, I would talk to you when they break this couple up and paired diana to a random guy just like they did post-crisis. This "romance" hasn't even started properly yet and its still past its honeymoon stage. I would enjoy it while it lasts if I'd were you.
    I would say you are speaking rubbish now. Sacred Knight (while sure he can speak for himself) I don't ever recall him doing that at all. But SOME shippers are so touchy and so crazy..they see anyone who is not bothered by the reboot and just enjoying stories and saying they don't mind a change is somehow bitching at them and their precious ship. You actually making this point well by this very unfair and untruth about this poster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Fixed it for you

It's part and parcel of fandom, regardless of what the fanship is of.
    Goes without saying. But I tend to generalize like that when it gets to the point that I need to avoid threads altogether.

Goes without saying. But I tend to generalize like that when it gets to the point that I need to avoid threads altogether.
    Enter "shippers".

Enter "shippers".

edit: Enter "double posts".

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Hey I'm proud of myself. It took 8 pages for me to post. I must be getting soft or something.

Anyway you heard me bitch and moan until the cows come home from jumping over the moon about how much I dislike certain aspects of the reboot. I've come to the realization that it is what it is and no bitching or moaning on my part is going to change DC's or anyone else's mind that some of these changes will hurt the character more then it helps. The fact is we are just fans some more then others but fans non the less. Our words are just voices in the wind and really mean about as much as a cup of coffee is worth.

I have moved on from bitching and moaning to just enjoying the things I have always loved about the character by reading older books and watching the Old Movies and Cartoons. I always keep a watchful eye on the current books checking in to read when I think it may be vital or if I could stomach it at that particular moment. So to those who don't like the new 52 Superman and prefer the classic look and feel of the character life goes on without picking up books every month but knowing that your Superman is just a back issue or graphic novel away.

Whoa, I think Lexrules has been going to Yoga or has been meditating, or something.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Speaking of, anybody here with a decent knowledge of Indian mythology and/or religious imagery could tell us if Solstice shape-shifting could have anything to do with a creature/figure from those sources? I just find the coincidence troubling that Solstice is Indian and that gal is also supposed to remind us of an Indian woman, and they've got a similar smoke/fire form.