Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default LBCC: Lobdell Promises Radical Changes for "Superman," "Teen Titans" & "Red Hood"

Scott Lobdell discusses his DC Comics titles, promising a new road for Superman, major changes for "Teen Titans" and the "most severe beat down of the Joker" ever in "Red Hood and the Outlaws."

Full article here.

I hope he actually changes TT.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Digging this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RHATO.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	103908
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Starfire looks awesome.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

wait wait wait, he actually admits that he makes it up as he goes along, and he's still on the job?!

Lobdell admitted his style is "making it up as I move along to keep things fresh and the surprises real. I have no idea what happens month to month, but I like it -- keeps it fresh for me."

not even Rocafort can save this.
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

Then H'el says, 'I brought you here to the site of your greatest failure. One year from today it will happen.' My editor was like, 'What's that!?, and I said, 'I have no idea, but it's really cool.'"

Um...am i the only one slightly worried about this kind of approach?

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Internet Man View Post
    wait wait wait, he actually admits that he makes it up as he goes along, and he's still on the job?!

Lobdell admitted his style is "making it up as I move along to keep things fresh and the surprises real. I have no idea what happens month to month, but I like it -- keeps it fresh for me."

Is not the first time he's done it, he actually criticize Johnathan Hickman and maybe Mark Waid(they do not get along) for the way they layout stories in advance.

BANNED

Grant Morrison pretty much does the same thing; he's just better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I hope he actually changes TT.
    I hope he get the hell out of DC Comics!

BANNED

He's actually one of the better writers at DC now. One of the few who is always trying to be creative and forward thinking. I'll take someone like that, even if there are falters here and there, over the majority of New 52 books which just play it safe and mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    Is not the first time he's done it, he actually criticize Johnathan Hickman and maybe Mark Waid(they do not get along) for the way they layout stories in advance.
    On writing, Waid and Hickman can beat Lobdell with both hands tied in the back.

I'm pretty sure every writer just pulls stuff out of their BLEEP. Youve seen starwars episode one right?

I smell trouble.

His Superman #13 was breath of fresh air. He made this terrible title readable again and clearly have some great new ideas. You all want him to do what? Write the same crap we read before? Tell you what? You should hear Brian Azzarello talk and he gives zero away and his WW is one of the best books out there . lol. You got me interested, Lobdell!

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Internet Man View Post

Lots of writers do the same thing. Morrison does it, for a start. He's actually said Multiversity is the first time in a long time he's actually sat over something planning everything out.

You guys seem to mistake making it up as you go along with not having ideas and just throwing random stuff in, which isn't Lobdell's thing, he's pretty good at the coming up with ideas bit, his weakness lies in execution. As long as you remember what came before and keep following along whatever themes and the plot you've done before, I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    I've read a bunch of Lobdell interviews and have never seen that. Source or I will think you're doing the same thing, making it up as you go along.