Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman and Wonder Woman Shipping

For those who have seen Bruce Timm's Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, Timm decided to have Batman and Wonder Woman both in a "somewhat" relationship. Now I'm wondering, has this ever happened in the comics? And also, do you guys like this shipping and do you think it works? Why or why not?

These two just don't seem to fit.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by AvengingJustice View Post
    For those who have seen Bruce Timm's Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, Timm decided to have Batman and Wonder Woman both in a "somewhat" relationship. Now I'm wondering, has this ever happened in the comics? And also, do you guys like this shipping and do you think it works? Why or why not?
    It all depends on what shipping service you use; the Post office, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc., each have their strengths and weaknesses.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    It all depends on what shipping service you use; the Post office, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc., each have their strengths and weaknesses.

You're playing with me aren't you? lol :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_%28fandom%29

You're playing with me aren't you? lol :p
    Yep. Stop using words that already mean something, because it sounds [bleep]-ing idiotic.

To answer your main question, yes, it's been briefly explored during Joe Kelly's run of JLA.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Yep. Stop using words that already mean something, because it sounds [bleep]-ing idiotic.

To answer your main question, yes, it's been briefly explored during Joe Kelly's run of JLA.
    And Blackest Knight: Wonder Women.

Isn't there a shipping subforum or something? So we don't have to see these threads amongst the normal threads?

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

I've always been a fan of this pairing, but realistically I don't think DC would ever go for it cause she's far too bright a character for Batman's world. Plus in terms of comic pairings although I'm a fan of Bruce and Diana I'm way more a fan of Bruce and Selina.

Now I'm wondering, has this ever happened in the comics?
    There you go.

And also, do you guys like this shipping and do you think it works? Why or why not?
    I liked it well enough in JL and Kelly's Run, but it's been done and I wouldn't want to return to it anytime soon. I think the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing is more interesting, currently.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Isn't there a shipping subforum or something? So we don't have to see these threads amongst the normal threads?

Yes, they're at Hero Chat. I suggest all the shippers go there.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Toyed with by Joe Kelly on his JLA run. The two flirted for a bit, had a kiss, set up a date that never took place. Also a silly little Family Guy situation where they used some device to see what their futures would be like together. In the end they decided they worked best as friends. Years later Rucka tried to shoehorn it back in during Blackest Night: Wonder Woman, and it pretty much fell flat on its face besides Nicola Scott's beautiful artwork.

As for whether it works or not, I've never liked it. I've always felt that in the animated 'verse, Timm just took the chemistry between Superman and Wonder Woman and switched Supes out with Batman because he liked Batman better. As for the comics, I think they only went there because Superman was unavailable, being married. So to me its always come across as a forced poor man's Superman/WW dynamic.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-06-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Nah, never liked them together.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Yes, they're at Hero Chat. I suggest all the shippers go there.
    Brave man. I was afraid I'd get a temp ban if I suggested where all the shippers should go.

Oh sorry if I posted it in the wrong place! I'm still getting used to this forum! :p

Where exactly is Hero Chat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Toyed with by Joe Kelly on his JLA run. The two flirted for a bit, had a kiss, set up a date that never took place. Also a silly little Family Guy situation where they used some device to see what their futures would be like together. In the end they decided they worked best as friends. Years later Rucka tried to shoehorn it back in during Blackest Night: Wonder Woman, and it pretty much fell flat on its face besides Nicola Scott's beautiful artwork.

As for whether it works or not, I've never liked it. I've always felt that in the animated 'verse, Timm just took the chemistry between Superman and Wonder Woman and switched Supes out with Batman because he liked Batman better. As for the comics, I think they only went there because Superman was unavailable, being married. So to me its always come across as a forced poor man's Superman/WW dynamic.
    Really Because The Chemistry Between Diana and Bruce was really good and considering Their First Impressions of each other weren't the best in the Show I like the Dynamic because lets be honest, The reason Diana Was into Bruce was because Bruce was Suave as hell in that show. She Liked men with a Little Flair, Like how steve was in World War 2. and Bruce Just had that Flair in spades, Clark never really has had that, he can be a bit snarky but he is a down to earth guy.

Basically she learned her taste in Men from Her Mother because they both Liked the Brooding Men better :)