Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

ohio is way more intersting then the average state... geographically we are a very diverse state that ranges from flat planes to foot hills of mountains. you guys just dont know what you should be looking for. if you are expecting interesting to be off the side of the highway, its not.... thats where the waffle houses go

such a whiny character is very deserving of a whiny city to live in.. so a match made in heaven

Not a clue where you were driving I'm assuming just the interstate? But Pennsylvania is considered one of the hilliest states in the US? (Of the continental 48 it's probably number 3 behind South Dakota, and West Virginia. Pittsburgh is also probably in the top 5 for hilliest cities with San Francisco, Seattle, Fitchburg, St Louis ). For that matter haven't you ever heard of the Appalachian Mountains? Probably about 85-90% of the state is considered to fall in the Appalachian region?

On topic...oh great another hero based in Pittsburgh. Last time that happened Marvel decided to nuke everybody here and blow it off the map. Starbrand...the Pitt was also about a young hero with seemingly infinite power.
    Last edited by Xenith; 11-06-2012 at 09:41 AM.

I don't think [Alpha] was a bad guy. I think that's what Dan was trying to say in the book -- that's how we act now. Look at what happens to every single person when they get onto a reality show. No matter who they are, they become a monster.
    What ridiculous rationalisation. So anyone of Alpha's generation would be a total douchebag if given powers? Nonsense.

And people on reality shows are chosen out by producers before hand to ensure maximum drama. That's the reason they tend to be horrible twats.
    Using reality shows as a basis for your opinion on a whole generation of people is just moronic.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    The tagline 'none of the responsibility' isn't really true to Kaine's experience.

He's shown an incredible sense of obligation since he's moved to Houston.

(But he also sees sleeping with hot chicks who turn out to be crazy as a fringe benefit of heroism.)
    I wouldn't say a fringe benefit. Main one, maybe?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Main thing I took from that article is the I, Vampire stuff Love that series!
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

It must have been my lack of interst in Alpha but I neglected to see that the writer is Fialkov.He's actually a writer that I find interesting.MIGHT have to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    Not a clue where you were driving I'm assuming just the interstate? But Pennsylvania is considered one of the hilliest states in the US? (Of the continental 48 it's probably number 3 behind South Dakota, and West Virginia. Pittsburgh is also probably in the top 5 for hilliest cities with San Francisco, Seattle, Fitchburg, St Louis ). For that matter haven't you ever heard of the Appalachian Mountains? Probably about 85-90% of the state is considered to fall in the Appalachian region?

On topic...oh great another hero based in Pittsburgh. Last time that happened Marvel decided to nuke everybody here and blow it off the map. Starbrand...the Pitt was also about a young hero with seemingly infinite power.
    Yeah, I was referring only to the interstate----did that drive a few times going to visit a buddy in Indianapolis and almost fell asleep during that part of the trip. As I said, I know other parts of PA are much more lovely and it wasn't meant as a knock on the state, just that one part. Similarly, the Jersey Turnpike is one of the ugliest stretches of highway to drive yet the rest of the state can be gorgeous to travel through.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Roadie Avenger RoadDoggBigPauly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yes and Pennsylvania is also, IMHO, probably the most boring state to drive across in all of the good ol' USA. It is 5 hours east to west and has absolutely no variation in topography at all. I am not putting down the state, it's people or attractions but, whereas there is some variation in scenery when driving other locales, there is nothing at all that changes in driving those 5 hours through PA.

Having said that, I have never driven through North Dakota or Wyoming and I suspect those may be fairly dull as well.
    See also: Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, Oklahoma and the greater portions of Texas
    MARVEL: SSM, SSMTU, NewWarriors, UncannyAvengers, Thunderbolts, WaTXM, XMen, XFactor, Deadpool, GOTG, UXM, DC: Batman, SuicideSquad, HarleyQuinn, IMAGE: Spawn, WalkingDead, DARKHORSE: StarWars

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDoggBigPauly View Post
    See also: Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, Oklahoma and the greater portions of Texas
    You forgot Wisconsin

I'm interested to see if he'll encounter new villains or ones from New York in this issue.