Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, I think SWORD is a pretty good concept. And I do agree that it would need some sort of super hero to act as the face of the book. Brand and even Beast probably wouldn't cut it alone.

I still think Marvel should give Cap control of SHIELD, Stark control of ARMOR, and Thor control of HAMMER. Not sure who should be in charge of SWORD though... maybe Valkyrie. Black Knight? I don't know... can't think of a perfect fit for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think SWORD is a pretty good concept. And I do agree that it would need some sort of super hero to act as the face of the book. Brand and even Beast probably wouldn't cut it alone.

I still think Marvel should give Cap control of SHIELD, Stark control of ARMOR, and Thor control of HAMMER. Not sure who should be in charge of SWORD though... maybe Valkyrie. Black Knight? I don't know... can't think of a perfect fit for that one.
    To fit with their weapons? Nice one.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    what were they thinking? literally nothing in Jessica Drew's past points to her being a potential skrull hunter. not to mention that her series debuted just after the point that people were sick of seeing/hearing about skrulls. sprinkle in some abnormally unsexy artwork (Maleev has done much much better elsewhere). what a misstep.
    Seriously? She's been a Hydra and SHIELD agent, a private investigator plus has a vendetta against the Skrulls. How did that not make sense?

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Spider-Woman and aliens... Nope. No good.

Just give both Jess's a private eye series.

Not written by Bendis.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Taste the Bitch Pudding. Green Griffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I agree with that combo ;) I'd change the artist to Yanick from DC though.
    he can rotate with Rios

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Seriously? She's been a Hydra and SHIELD agent,

neither role suited her. go read your backissues.

a private investigator plus has a vendetta against the Skrulls.

a forced vendetta that did nothing to improve the character's marketability. that's my friggin point.

How did that not make sense?
    maybe it would if i had a sheep brain.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see another SWORD series, I would be ecstatic to get another Spider Woman series. I, however do not want another Spider Woman agent of SWORD series. That was a great first arc to bring some closure to the whole Skrull deal, but that wasn't something that should have defined the series. Jess works better (in my opinion) as a private investigator/supernatural slanted character and not so much a sci-fi character.

I really wish someone at Marvel would give her that chance again with a good creative team who has an interest in her and her backstory and an ability to build on that.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

neither role suited her. go read your backissues.
    Yet it still shows she a has history with covert agencies.

a forced vendetta that did nothing to improve the character's marketability. that's my friggin point.
    She was kidnapped and replaced. That alone would be enough of a motivator. Through in the fact that the Skrull Queen chose her to imitate. How is that forced? Plus I think the reason it didn't resonate with people was because her series launched so far after the end of Secret Invasion. People were already sick of those green guys.

maybe it would if i had a sheep brain.
    Couldn't hurt.

I’m down for a Jessica Drew ongoing series, but NOT as a member of SWORD.

The Jessica Drew Spider Woman had a 50 issue run as a private eye/adventurer with a bizarre rogue’s gallery. The book was DC’s Bat-woman before there was a Bat-woman.

To not revisit that was a big mistake. That version of Jessica had a supporting cast, rogues and even a home city. All the stuff a character needs to make a solo book credibly work.

If Marvel had to connect a character to Sword it should have been Captain Marvel. SWORD’s mission ties into Carol’s origin and it would have been interesting to see her butt heads with fellow Alpha Female Abigail Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I’m down for a Jessica Drew ongoing series, but NOT as a member of SWORD.

The Jessica Drew Spider Woman had a 50 issue run as a private eye/adventurer with a bizarre rogue’s gallery. The book was DC’s Bat-woman before there was a Bat-woman.

To not revisit that was a big mistake. That version of Jessica had a supporting cast, rogues and even a home city. All the stuff a character needs to make a solo book credibly work.

If Marvel had to connect a character to Sword it should have been Captain Marvel. SWORD’s mission ties into Carol’s origin and it would have been interesting to see her butt heads with fellow Alpha Female Abigail Brand.
    That was fun :)
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Yet it still shows she a has history with covert agencies.
    Cool. How about having the guy who flunked out of med school do your next surgery? What her history shows is that she's unsuited for the role.

Frankly, the leadership of SWORD should be questioned for such a hairbrained decision.

As for her motivation, Jessica has tended to not be vindictive in the past when people have done far worse to her. I mean, someone tried to erase her from existence! And nothing. Vendettas are not her thing.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

I think I like the idea of Spider-Woman being an investigator and like the Batwoman of Marvel type of thing. Kind of makes me want to see her teaming up with Madam Web (Julia Carpenter) and doing a Bird's of Prey kind of thing But being an investigator/detective superhero would be a nice path to follow.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    I think I like the idea of Spider-Woman being an investigator and like the Batwoman of Marvel type of thing. Kind of makes me want to see her teaming up with Madam Web (Julia Carpenter) and doing a Bird's of Prey kind of thing But being an investigator/detective superhero would be a nice path to follow.
    Agree. But add the Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and Madam Web as a team with Ezekiel Sims providing the mission and financing.

Natasha and Jessica agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cho.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	104028
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Agree. But add the Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and Madam Web as a team with Ezekiel Sims providing the mission and financing.
    Not so sure about Black Widow as crime fighting is not where I usually see her. She's better on more spy related stuff compared to an investigator. If they did decide to do a Birds of Prey of Spider-Gals then, personally, I would substitute Black Widow for Black Cat. Felicia's used to run a detective agency so would link back to those times and provides the issue of her being a thief into the mix. But thats just my view.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!