Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member

That was well done. There doesn't seem to be any connection apart from the similar sounding title, but "Puppet on a Chain" was one of my favourite Alistair MacLean books when I used to read them back in the early 70s.

Jon Sable
    Zot
    Captain Victory
    Nexus
    Booster Gold

Also, the absolute greatest character ever to appear in 2000AD - Nemesis the Warlock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nemesis.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	104042

While other creators took their ideas to the independents, Roy Thomas started producing a lot of new ideas for DC when he arrived there in the early 80s (I bet he wishes he hadn't)--Amazing Man, Fury I & II, Arak, Mr. Bones, and many many more.

The Night Force from DC comics, I really dug Gene Colan's moody atmospheric art for the series.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Also, the absolute greatest character ever to appear in 2000AD - Nemesis the Warlock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nemesis.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	104042
    I've been looking for some cheap collections of this one, but no luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    The Night Force from DC comics, I really dug Gene Colan's moody atmospheric art for the series.
    Yes, good series. Colan's art was so much a part of the appeal to me that I wasn't tempted to give the recent revival a look, even though it was written by Marv Wolfman.

BANNED

The Bogie Man

Francis Clunie AKA the Bogie Man was created by John Wagner, Alan Grant and Robin Smith in a 1989 limited series and has resurfaced sporadically since, most recently in the Judge Dredd Megazine in 2005. He was an escaped Scottish mental patient with an uncanny resemblance to Humphrey Bogart who caused mayhem wherever he went while under the persistent delusion that he was a private detective working a series of improbable cases.

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    I've been looking for some cheap collections of this one, but no luck so far.

Rebellion reprinted the entire series in 3 phonebook-sized books back in 2007 called The Complete Nemesis. I'm not sure if they're still in print but if you can find them, they're worth it. 2000AD has produced a lot of great material of the decades but I don't think there's a finer story than this one.

D.P.7. I saw Paul Ryan at SuperMegaCon last weekend and it reminded me of how much I love D.P.7. So I got the issues out and sure enough, I got sucked into them again. Terrific, underrated series with a ton of great, well rounded and real characters.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!