Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
  1. #31
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Capitol of Dreams, Alabama
    Posts
    7,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Or better: "I wish to be as physically, mentally and magically powerful as this ability is capable of making me."
    Sure, take the lazy way.

    *Walks off, grumbling about how things were better back in the day*
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

    Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

  2. #32
    Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,073

    Default

    Eh, I just grant myself eternal happiness. Seems like the most direct application of things. I mean, why do we do anything we do? To continue existing, and to achieve happiness.

    No need to mess around with rules lawyering or whatever trying to come up with superpowers or whatever that could be used to gain an advantage over others competing for material goods or whatever to achieve happiness. I just have it. Forever. A meteor could wipe out all other life on the planet (but not me, or it wouldn't be eternal) and I'd still be happy. The Sun blows up and I get catapulted into space for a googolplex years with nothing to see or do? Happy.

    Yeah, I probably stop interacting with the world around me and no longer care what happens to anything, but that's pretty much inconsequential.

  3. #33
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Eh, I just grant myself eternal happiness. Seems like the most direct application of things. I mean, why do we do anything we do? To continue existing, and to achieve happiness.

    No need to mess around with rules lawyering or whatever trying to come up with superpowers or whatever that could be used to gain an advantage over others competing for material goods or whatever to achieve happiness. I just have it. Forever. A meteor could wipe out all other life on the planet (but not me, or it wouldn't be eternal) and I'd still be happy. The Sun blows up and I get catapulted into space for a googolplex years with nothing to see or do? Happy.

    Yeah, I probably stop interacting with the world around me and no longer care what happens to anything, but that's pretty much inconsequential.
    Well, then you'd be blissful without feeling fulfilled, excited or even interested. Not bad as such, but subideal.

    Reminds me of Wen the Eternally Surprised from the Discworld books: A monk who achieved a state of enlightenment by realizing that constantly feeling pleasantly surprised was what he considered to be an ideal mindset.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  4. #34
    Master of Boosh Awesome-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Entity View Post
    You can only do it once, and there are rules.

    1. You cannot grant yourself powers or qualities that override the rules. Meaning you can't give yourself reality warping of any kind with this warp, directly or indirectly.

    2. You cannot use a clause that outlines multiple changes and warp that paper to be true. For instance, you cannot write down "1. Humans are squids 2. Earth is flat 3. Sun is cold" and warp things so the paper is factual.

    Aside from this, anything goes. 1 warp. 1 change to the universe.

    What do you choose?
    I'm not real sure If this counts, but I use my one warp to create an exact duplicate of "Jeannie" from "I Dream of Jeannie" for our universe with me as her master.
    Fry: That stinks, Professor. Too bad the universe made it turn out that way and not some other way. I wonder why it did that.

    Stephen Hawking: Probably magnets.

  5. #35
    Senior Member AJ Valliant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome-X View Post
    I'm not real sure If this counts, but I use my one warp to create an exact duplicate of "Jeannie" from "I Dream of Jeannie" for our universe with me as her master.
    I suspect that situation would become toxic and depressing is real life fairly quickly.

  6. #36
    Master of Boosh Awesome-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    I suspect that situation would become toxic and depressing is real life fairly quickly.
    Well, luckily I don't have a job at NASA to worry about, and I wouldn't be as uptight as Tony when It came to Jeannie using her powers.
    Fry: That stinks, Professor. Too bad the universe made it turn out that way and not some other way. I wonder why it did that.

    Stephen Hawking: Probably magnets.

  7. #37
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    I retcon my origins so that I now have PC Kryptonian powers, and there's no Kryptonite around to bother me. Not reality warping, but powerful enough to allow me to make the kind of changes I want to make.
    You're itching to make a giant chain and tow some planets around?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  8. #38

    Default

    Can't decide. Either People all live by the Golden Rule and treat each other as they's want to be treated....... Or Acting is just a proffession like most any other where if you're competant and nice you can make a good living.

  9. #39
    Senior Member da noble savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    austin,tx
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Ahh I would be cool with just a gl ring but the one with the AI.
    Come vote on the league match of the century.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=379297

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    I make the world 100,000x the size it is now.
    This should:
    - be enough land to keep every country happy
    - everyone would be too far away to bother with wars
    - a lot more natural resources for everyone
    - more land for wildlife

  11. #41
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Strrrrreeeex
    Posts
    31,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    I make the world 100,000x the size it is now.
    This should:
    - be enough land to keep every country happy
    - everyone would be too far away to bother with wars
    - a lot more natural resources for everyone
    - more land for wildlife
    Gravity would probably crush everybody to death and destroy the planet.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

  12. #42
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    I make the world 100,000x the size it is now.
    This should:
    - be enough land to keep every country happy
    - everyone would be too far away to bother with wars
    - a lot more natural resources for everyone
    - more land for wildlife
    ...And we'll all be instantly crushed by the gravity before the planet collapses into a star, lovely.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  13. #43
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Strrrrreeeex
    Posts
    31,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    ...And we'll all be instantly crushed by the gravity before the planet collapses into a star, lovely.
    is it big enough for a star? Not sure.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

  14. #44
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    is it big enough for a star? Not sure.
    Well, the sun is three hundred thousand times our mass, so one hundred thousand should manage a small star.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    ...And we'll all be instantly crushed by the gravity before the planet collapses into a star, lovely.
    I would assume these kinds of physics would be taken care of by the wish, unless it was being granted by the devil or something then you'd have to think of particular details like this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •