Thread: Comics on E-bay

Default Comics on E-bay

There used to be a thread here about stupid E-bay comic book auctions. I haven't seen it in awhile so I was just wondering if anyone here has seen any absurd E-bay comic book auctions?
    Rehab is for Quitters

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

I also wondered about such a thread. As a frequent ebayer (and one who spends a good chunk of free time scanning the pages) I have seen many absurd prices for books. Like people assuming stuff is Mint or better and quoting the Guide times ten. I also laugh at some of the books I see people getting CGCed. It is always funny to see a random, unimportant ish graded a 9.0 or something and people demanding the moon of it.

Here is a "mystery" comic that has been on ebay for a while. Not sure if anyone has posted it on here before but it has been around a while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Famil...item45f5999305

I just like the people who sell graded comics, but try to convince you the comic is better than the grade.

It's a 4.5, but it looks like a 7.

No, it looks like a 4.5.

I guess more than anything else, ebay has taught me about people. Like sellers who say an item is Mint because its new on the racks. Or say a comic book is NM/M but when you see the picture that is clearly not the case. I think what doesn't help is that so many people are too trusting and also have no concept of an items value nor how something is properly graded. So they often buy on impulse. And of course ebay caters to that crowd because you see items sometimes in very bad condition but the seller who has a lot of feedback will say its very rare, and of course those two words start a feeding frenzy among some people and the bids will go higher.

BANNED

To be fair, that isn't necessarily the seller's fault-some people just get carried away by auctions. I put a couple of dozen issues of Warlord, an old British war comic, up on ebay a couple of years ago at a starting price of 0.99 each. Two guys got carried away over issue #1 (guide price at the time, about 1.50) and it ended up selling for 36.00. I hope he enjoyed it.