Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

WW in All Star Batman was great.

I like the idea of Bruce not realizing how close the apple fell to the tree. He's just more mature than Damian because he's older and more experienced with his prowess.

Superdickery doesn't work well in the modern age so it's fine not being brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I'm not seeing the diference.

He's been a jerk in the new 52 and he works well as a foil for other characters because of it.
    Sinestro is a jerk. He's sharp, conceited, and displays little sympathy. Much like Vril Dox, he's often correct but people will resist him because it just pains them. Hal is somewhat absent minded and obnoxiously brash. He's Kurt Russell at his most uncharismatic.

I've never particularly found Batman to be a jerk. He's emotionally repressed, deeply disturbed and willing to do what is necessary, but I've never seen him as a jerk.

Guy Gardner, Dr Light II I agree with. I can also go with Hawkman and Orion (though they're probably more akin to Klingon attitudes rather than straight jerkiness).

In his run on Swamp Think Mark Millaar had Deadman (Boston Brand) characterised as a complete abusive jerk and that really worked well. I'd love it if that stayed.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Guy is a jerk... its in his nature. So I say he should be one.

Batwoman. What? Chicks can be jerks too. And Kate Kane is an emotionally repressed, bitter, self-focused and self-loathing pain in the ass. Actually, now that I think about it, she's just a female Bruce with less money and more tattoos.

Manhunter Kate Spencer is a complete bitch. That counts right?

Wally West always worked really well when he had a bit of a jerk in him. Not too much, but a little bit.

By the same token, Arsenal works best when he's written as a jerk. It made the quiet, sweet moments with Lian that much better; she really brought out the best in him.

Starfire should always be an emotional drama queen with a temper. Does that count?

Beast Boy too. Man, a lot of the old Titans were jerks, werent they? Or am I being too broad with the definition of jerk?

Lex Luthor. World's greatest jerk.

Black Adam, much like Damien, Aquaman, Orion, and sometimes Diana, is an aristocratic jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    Black Adam, much like Damien, Aquaman, Orion, and sometimes Diana, is an aristocratic jackass.
    I've always felt that Orion has to be confrontational because of his nature. It's not so much aristocratic tendencies as he is the embodiment of struggle. It goes too far when he's depicted as just a hot-head who can't listen to reason-- he's actually very strategic and very cunning, just impatient when he's at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I've always felt that Orion has to be confrontational because of his nature. It's not so much aristocratic tendencies as he is the embodiment of struggle. It goes too far when he's depicted as just a hot-head who can't listen to reason-- he's actually very strategic and very cunning, just impatient when he's at rest.
    Hmmm....good point. You got me there. Metron is a jerk though. XD

Yeah I agree with Arrow....arrogant, brash, crazy but not a jerk

Amanda Waller should be the bitchiest bitch there is.

Orion is also kind of a jerk.

Green Arrow should be a jerk.

Guy Gardner is an ass with a heart of gold.

Batman should never be a jerk.

Damian should have an aristocratic air about him, like the little chicken hawk from Foghorn Leghorn.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Sinestro is a jerk. He's sharp, conceited, and displays little sympathy. Much like Vril Dox, he's often correct but people will resist him because it just pains them. Hal is somewhat absent minded and obnoxiously brash. He's Kurt Russell at his most uncharismatic.
    Great way to put it.

One of my favorite lines from JLA was from WW (Hippolyta I think) to Orion: "Even the dog of war knows when best to bite"

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Red Hood is way too nice this time around. Jason is supposed to be an anti-hero.

If they make Superman the jerk, his fanboys will complain. If they make Batman the jerk, his haters will complain.

Guy Gardner, Red Arrow, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan, Starling and Batman

Aquaman should be a bitter bastard after Arthur Jr's murder. He should be a more upbeat but authoritative type before that.

Hawkman, obviously has a nasty streak to him. Guy Gardner is a given. Lois has been a bitch for the last few decades at times, but before COIE it was Lana who was more of a bitch, actually.

Power Girl should always be bitchy and aggressive on the outside, especially in her younger days. She has the same fiery personality as the young Kal-L.

Hal Jordan was never intended to be a jerk, he was created in the image of astronauts like John Glenn. He should be less Top Gun and more the Right Stuff.
    Last edited by Kurosawa; 01-25-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Veteran Member

Yeah, one of the subtle points of the whole New Gods set-up is that it's Apokolips that has a strict hierarchy, from the Lowlies up to Darkseid's elite, while New Genesis is meant to be totally egalitarian, notwithstanding Highfather and the Bugs. So there's no basis for Orion possessing the kind of aristocratic arrogance later writers have saddled him with.

Metron isn't a jerk either - just the personification of the pursuit of knowledge.

Not to say that either of the above is an easy-going personality, of course, or a morally perfect Superman or Captain America type, but jerk doesn't seem to be the right word for their individual brands of difficult.

I really should, given how awesome I am, but my humble nature precludes it.
    Last edited by dupersuper; 01-29-2013 at 02:51 AM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...