Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Create a Wonder Woman Line

With Superman, Batman, and Superman all having their own line within the New 52, I thought it would be interesting to see what titles we could come up with to create Wonder Woman's very own line.

My line would consist of:

-Wonder Woman: basically what Azzarello and Chiang are doing now

-Sensation Comics: this series would feature WW's exploits against her non-myth based adventures and villains (Dr. Cyber, Dr. Psycho, Silver Swan, etc.)

-Wonder Girl: starring Cassie Sandsmark; using the gauntlet of Atlas, sandals of Hermes, and her lightning Lasso, Wonder Girl is headstrong, tough, adventurous, and fights to eradicate evil...all before curfew

-Fury: starring Donna Troy, the younger sister of Wonder Woman and second daughter of Hippolyta; with an uncertain future and a past shrouded in mystery, Donna must forge her own path and create an identity for herself that isn't shackled down by her bloodline; this title would incorporate more sci-fi/space adventures than the other titles as aspects of Donna's time as Darkstar would reformatted to fit in this new title

-The Olympian: join Achilles, the newly created champion of Zeus as he is forced to adjust to a world that doesn't truly understand him; this title would be the "edgy" one, with a tad bit more bloodshed & violence than the others; his warrior pride would be his greatest strength and his greatest weakness as it often puts him at odds with Wonder Woman herself

-Team Wonder: a team book consisting of some of Wonder Woman's greatest allies including: Steve Trevor, Nemesis, Artemis, Tolifhar, Lennox, and I-Ching. This team is sponsored by the DMA and fight against metahuman threats. They don't really like each other at first, but in time the come to view each other as family

So, if you could create a Wonder Woman line for the new 52, what would you come up with?
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

I take it that commercial viability is not really something we're at all interested in for this?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

Sensation Comics

Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
    Prodigy (Donna Troy), formerly “Wonder Chick”
    Solace (Nubia King), formerly “Soul Sister”

Stunna (Grace Choi) – Auburn (Hair)/Black (Eyes)
    Wiz Kid (Vanessa Kapatelis) – Brown/Blue
    Rivet (Rita Hall) – Blonde/Hazel

I-Ching
    I-Wonder
    Sarge Steel
    Steve Trevor
    Nemesis

Villains
    • Circe
    • Baroness
    • Queen Desira
    • Giganta
    • Silver Swan
    • Doctor Psycho
    • Doctor Poison
    • Maid Murder
    • Miss Matter
    • Matron Mirth
    • THEY!

An Action Comics-style early adventures of Wonder Woman in "Man's World"--with tons of NuNazis and Nazi-Mysticism! Also, lots of training, martial arts, relic hunting, and Hellboy-esque adventures. Also, to quote myself from another thread:

What if the purple ray was a portable device that channeled the quantum effects of quartz crystal?

'Knuth states that pieces of quartz were found in the 8,000-year-old Egyptian Temple of Hathor, and quotes the Greek priest Onomacritis, founder of the Hellenic mysteries, as giving the following advice in the fifth century B.C. "Who so goes into the temple with this in his hand may be quite sure of having his prayer granted, as the gods cannot withstand its power."'

I say:

So, when Themyscira was first founded, Aphrodite gifted the Amazons with a quarry of magical quartz, which they then learned to harness and direct the powers of, via technological innovation and extreme mental conditioning. A mix of science and mysticism that can be explained as the manipulation of quantum mechanics or worship/prayer to the goddess Aphrodite. It would actually be a combination of both. It could also give the Amazons various physical enhancements, such as enhanced speed, strength, stamina, and healing. I imagine them being built into their bracelets.

Think mother-boxes but crystalline (and therefore more ornamental in design).

1) Themyscira/Amazons Founded
    2) Aphrodite Gifts Purple Quartz Quarry (Scientific Explanation: meteor hits island, showering in radioactive quartz)
    3) Amazon Science-Priestess Develops Purple Ray
    4) Kryskration/Cryscratium (lit. Ancient Greek for "Crystal Powers") Martial Arts
    5) Amazons Incorporate Purple Ray/Kryskration Training into Culture

By the time Diana is born, all of the Amazons have enhanced strength, speed, stamina, healing, intellect, and senses. Amulets and other crystal-harnessing sources allow limited flight. Crystal-tipped arrows and crystal swords can cut through almost any metal known to man, and crystal armor generates a force-field capable of stopping bullets, etc.

The Crystals could also be used as a quantum gateway to other dimensions, allowing the Amazons to interact with "demons" and "ghosts" on the astral plane (but this is reserved for/sacred to the science-priestesses and the Queen).

EDIT:

I would actually have Diana invent the Purple Ray, make it something newly controlled that until her scientific mastery of the effects was almost completely mystical in its application (prayer, etc.). Or, hell, a new origin for Donna Troy could be that she's the teenage super-genius Amazon to invent the Purple Ray and acquire powers close to Diana's. That way the entire culture isn't flying around in the air, but they still use the crystals for magical rituals and the healing effects.

They can also be used to bend light around things, making them invisible = the Invisible Jet (make it Steve's original jet that crashed onto the Island).
    I'd also bring back Krull from All-Star Superman as a Wonder Woman villain. I love the idea of Wonder Woman fighting archaeology-inspired villains. Maybe Samson too.
    Last edited by Quinnhop; 11-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.

What would the crystal armor look like. more of mental mixing with the crystal

BANNED

It'd be like the typical Amazon armor but with crystal insets that enhance the strength/project a force field around it.

Wonder Woman- main book

Wonder Woman & Family- A light hearted book, focussing on Wonder Woman, the Amazons, Greek Gods, Donna Troy, Hercules etc.

Donna Troy- A Donna Troy series

The Gods of Mount Olympus- Follows the adventures of Greek Gods ad Goddesses

Wonder Woman Team Up- Featuring Wonder Woman teaming up with her fellow DC heroes, either the Justice League or magical heroes. Will see some romance with Superman. Team ups with Batman. Mythological adventures with Aquaman. The meeting of magic and technology with Cyborg etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    Sensation Comics

Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
    Prodigy (Donna Troy), formerly “Wonder Chick”
    Solace (Nubia King), formerly “Soul Sister”

Stunna (Grace Choi) – Auburn (Hair)/Black (Eyes)
    Wiz Kid (Vanessa Kapatelis) – Brown/Blue
    Rivet (Rita Hall) – Blonde/Hazel

I-Ching
    I-Wonder
    Sarge Steel
    Steve Trevor
    Nemesis

Villains
    • Circe
    • Baroness
    • Queen Desira
    • Giganta
    • Silver Swan
    • Doctor Psycho
    • Doctor Poison
    • Maid Murder
    • Miss Matter
    • Matron Mirth
    • THEY!

An Action Comics-style early adventures of Wonder Woman in "Man's World"--with tons of NuNazis and Nazi-Mysticism! Also, lots of training, martial arts, relic hunting, and Hellboy-esque adventures. Also, to quote myself from another thread:

I'd also bring back Krull from All-Star Superman as a Wonder Woman villain. I love the idea of Wonder Woman fighting archaeology-inspired villains. Maybe Samson too.
    Those are some really great ideas regarding the crystals and I think would be a nice addition to the Wonder Woman mythos is handled properly. Although I can see people drawing similarities between these crystals and the Zamorans/Star Sapphire corps.

Do you have any other ideas for a WW line?

BANNED

Wonder Woman - The current book as is
    Sensation Comics - All-ages, more superhero-y book by Darwyn Cooke
    Wonder Girl
    Tales of Olympus - Book more centered on Greek mythology. Or just give an ongoing to one of the gods or supporting characters for this kind of thing.

I think the crystal could work as a weakness well. Since the gift from Aphrodite the amazons must not have great hate.
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 11-05-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    It'd be like the typical Amazon armor but with crystal insets that enhance the strength/project a force field around it.

Or the crystals could be in the bracelets. Like how Diana used to have stars in her bracelets. When their not using it for battle they make jewelry out of it. I'm thinking the crystal should be like made into symbols to be in the armor. Like the stars on Diana tiara is the crystal.
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 11-06-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

You could always restore "Amazonium" in the Wonder Woman mythos! Treat it as Wonder Woman's very own variant of Vibranium. The indestructible bracelets and lasso actually predate Marvel's Vibranium by at least 20 years. Just say that certain properties enhance Amazon durability and strength even more if incorporated into full armor.

MY Wonder Woman line would include:

Wonder Woman, natch. However, I'd like to see Marc Andreyko follow up w/Phil Jiminez co-plotting & drawing!

Sensation Comics--a "Wonder Woman Family" title that headlines with a team-up story each issue by Joss Whedon & Mike Allred! Yes, I said Joss, get over it. Back-ups feature stories with different members of the WW extended cast. Maybe some "Lost Tales", too.

Paradise--A series focusing on the Amazons and exploring their mysterious--and apparently controversial--past. I'd like a feminist writer at the forefront for this one. Maybe bring back Gail? We could see stories on the contemporary Amazons (non-calcified and non-slithering) juxtaposed with Diana's formative years on the island. I'd like an alternating art team of Paul Pelletier & Colleen Doran.

Troy--A character study of the mysterious Donna Troy. Who IS this strange young woman with powers and bracelets nearly identical to Wonder Woman? Let's bring her into the universe in a linear, non-convoluted manner.
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Quote Originally Posted by tangentman View Post
    You could always restore "Amazonium" in the Wonder Woman mythos! Treat it as Wonder Woman's very own variant of Vibranium. The indestructible bracelets and lasso actually predate Marvel's Vibranium by at least 20 years. Just say that certain properties enhance Amazon durability and strength even more if incorporated into full armor.

MY Wonder Woman line would include:

Wonder Woman, natch. However, I'd like to see Marc Andreyko follow up w/Phil Jiminez co-plotting & drawing!

Sensation Comics--a "Wonder Woman Family" title that headlines with a team-up story each issue by Joss Whedon & Mike Allred! Yes, I said Joss, get over it. Back-ups feature stories with different members of the WW extended cast. Maybe some "Lost Tales", too.

Paradise--A series focusing on the Amazons and exploring their mysterious--and apparently controversial--past. I'd like a feminist writer at the forefront for this one. Maybe bring back Gail? We could see stories on the contemporary Amazons (non-calcified and non-slithering) juxtaposed with Diana's formative years on the island. I'd like an alternating art team of Paul Pelletier & Colleen Doran.

Troy--A character study of the mysterious Donna Troy. Who IS this strange young woman with powers and bracelets nearly identical to Wonder Woman? Let's bring her into the universe in a linear, non-convoluted manner.
    I like the idea of Amazonium as I feel it adds a unique twist to Wonder Woman's mythos and helps make Themyscira unique. And as others have stated, the Amazonium could have special properties which grant Wonder Woman and other Amazons special abilities like enhanced strength, speed, flight, etc.

Strife Class

Are you oppressed? Bullied at school and faceganged on the phone? Your folks being scammed by unethical banks and pyramid schemes? Is there no recourse?

What luck that the stylish mauve-themed lady has taken you under her wing! In Strife Class you will learn how to exploit any social division, undermine any relation of trust. You'll be amazed how a few tricks of expression and timing, with the right cynical insight, will let you throw whole organizations into chaos. Each month you and your classmates will carry out a case study targeting some institution -- business, gang, TV show, hero -- for destruction. Strife -- it's a way of life.

An apple for the teacher?

[b]Wonder Woman[b] – Pretty much what it is now. Not much to change.

Sensational Comics – An overview of Wonder Woman's younger years, and her training with both Aries and the Amazons. Think 'Action Comics.' Featuring: Diana, Artemis, Hippolyta, Donna Troy, and Aries

Wonder Girl – The adventures of the 'Teen Titan's' Cassie Sandsmark are chronicled here; what is the mysterious connection that she has with Wonder Woman? Find out here! Featuring: The Teen Titans

Troia – The younger sister of Diana Prince-- found on the shores of Themyscira, Donna Troy was raised to childhood as the second princess to the Amazon's before being lost at sea. She was found by the police on the shores of New York City, and was put up for adoption and adopted by the Hinkley family. Donna discovered her powers when she reached her teenage years, and took the name "Troia," and now moonlights throughout New York City as a superhero strikingly similar to Wonder Woman. Featuring: Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Nightwing, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Wonder Girl.

Strife – Strife’s her name, chaos is her game. Causing mischief wherever she goes and making it a point to stab her friends in the back whenever it’s prudent for her; Strife globetrots the world just to cause pain and misfortune to others, but how does she feel when she’s shunted into the role of “hero?” And what’s all this business about her real name?

I'd keep the Wonder Woman title as is. Wouldnt change a thing. Well, I'd replace Atkins with Amanda Conner, but otherwise.

Sensation Comics would, as others have said, explore Diana's more mortal aspects. Steve Trevor, the mortal rogues, government/political intrigue, Directors Steele and Bones. Sort of Checkmate meets Captain America meets the West Wing. Or, basically, another run by Rucka. I loved me some Rucka.

I'd love to see a buddy-movie style title with Achilles and Hercules. Maybe add Lennox into the mix as well, just for kicks and to add a slight twist to the setup. Sort of like Booster and Beetle, only with demigods. The two (three?) of them, back on earth, trying to make sense of the modern world, getting in trouble. Hilarity and highjinks. Lighthearted with crazy action scenes. Little too tired right now to think of a clever name. Likely wouldnt sell a lot, unless a well known creative team came aboard. Someone funny, but not Giffen.

I dont think Cassie could support her own title, but maybe a mini to test the waters?

I would like to see Donna Troy, Harbringer of the multiverse, maybe from the old continuity, leading a team of alternate heroes (President Superman, Walter Dark Flash West, Green Lantern Bruce Wayne, ect) protecting dimensional barriers from threats of all kinds. Maybe this would be more of an Edge or Justice League title, so maybe drop the team aspect and just make it Donna exploring the multiverse? Of course, I would rather see Donna introduced into the New52 properly, with an origin that makes sense, but I always lamented that the Harbringer aspect that followed Infinite Crisis was never really used. Plus it gives her something unique to do, rather than just being a watered down Diana that no one other than Titan fans really care about.

Zealot and the Coda could be folded into the "WW" mythology Im sure, with a creative enough writer. A Zealot title under the Wonder Woman banner would be pretty sweet.