Default Hey Dan Slott, Why don't the Avengers step in for Julia Carpenter...

I know that she the new Madame Web, but she's also a former Avenger, and while there has been some Bad Blood between her and the new Captain Marvel, via Civil War, there's always the old saying of "Once an Avenger, always an Avenger," and also, "The Avengers take care of their own..."

I'm just kind of sad and annoyed that no one hasn't been using this, especially given that both Spider-man and Spider-woman are on the team.

I'm hoping that if Dan Slott were reading this, what would his reponse be and also as fans of Spider-man, what would your responses be ?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Maybe they don't know Julia is in a coma.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Maybe they don't know Julia is in a coma.
    I was hoping SOMEONE recalls Julia's time as an Avenger.

No one knows who she is at the hospital. That's the basic gist of it according to today's interview.

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    No one knows who she is at the hospital. That's the basic gist of it according to today's interview.
    True, but then again, with Peter knowing who this Madame Web is, surely he would look her up and see her Avengers history and notify them, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    True, but then again, with Peter knowing who this Madame Web is, surely he would look her up and see her Avengers history and notify them, right ?
    Does he even know she's at the hospital?

-Theophilus

BANNED

Thing is, it only works if you're a POPULAR character. I mean, the Avengers forgot Echo in the Savages Lands. They're a selfish bunch!

It seems whenever there's a crisis in someone's life, the Avengers are always asked for and curiously not there.

Because she's an occasional guest-star, and Dan Slott only has forty pages a month to tell his stories.

His long-term plans might hinge on the Avengers not finding Julia. That could make things too convenient.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYellow View Post
    It seems whenever there's a crisis in someone's life, the Avengers are always asked for and curiously not there.
    Avengers are more like a frat house of bros, not a support group. They don't touch feelings cause they can't do touchy feely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Because she's an occasional guest-star, and Dan Slott only has forty pages a month to tell his stories.

His long-term plans might hinge on the Avengers not finding Julia. That could make things too convenient.
    I think that the long term plans for Julia Carpenter is to have her own spinoff series that features her, Jessica Drew, and Natasha Romanoff working together in the same fashion as DC's Birds of Prey. I long to see them working together with Ezekiel Sims providing the financing for their operations.

BANNED

I will say this, if Julia is going to die, I really hope her daughter goes on to become an important character. I would be very disappointed if they just killed the mother and put the child on a bus and that's that.

Always hated that.

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that the long term plans for Julia Carpenter is to have her own spinoff series that features her, Jessica Drew, and Natasha Romanoff working together in the same fashion as DC's Birds of Prey. I long to see them working together with Ezekiel Sims providing the financing for their operations.
    I would love to see Ezekiel again, But I'm pretty sure he died when the Giant Mystical Spider-Thingy ate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I will say this, if Julia is going to die, I really hope her daughter goes on to become an important character. I would be very disappointed if they just killed the mother and put the child on a bus and that's that.

Always hated that.
    I wouldn't count Julia out yet, Dan Slott's latest interview suggests to me that he has plans for her. This discussion thread has a link to the interview:http://forums.comicbookresources.com...pider-Man-quot
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 11-05-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Oh Fudge!