Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elder Member

Back in the early 90s, there was talk of doing a remake of Casablanca starring Julia Roberts.

I feel sorry for the guy who has to fill Bogart's shoes.

Also, Peter Sellers does the best impression ever of Bogart's famous line (watch the whole thing, but the line is at 2:10): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLFmrNqVyQ

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Damn it SuperE, I was really hoping this was another of your joke threads but that link is legit.

I would almost, almost, be okay with a remake, but a sequel? Why?

That reminds me of this...

Lister: "Philistines. I mean how can you re-make Cassablanca? The one starring Myra Dinglebat and Peter Beardsley was definitive."
    Holly: "Of all the space bars in all the worlds, you had to re-materialise in mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    They are also remaking Red Dawn. That is alos a joke,except its not funny and no one is gonna be laughing.
    Yeah, but who cares? Remaking Red Dawn is about the same as remaking the A-Team; no one gives a shit.

It's not exactly a new thing...

There were two sequel tv series in '55 and '83.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Is it bad Ive never seen this film? I just have a hard time sitting through most old timey films.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

It's not bad necessarily, but I don't think it's fair to characterize Casablanca as old-timey. It was ahead of its time in how it mixed genres.

Plus, it's hard to get much cooler than Bogart.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I feel sorry for the guy who has to fill Bogart's shoes.
    I feel sorry for anyone thats going to try to live up to the greatness that was the original Casablanca.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    It's not bad necessarily, but I don't think it's fair to characterize Casablanca as old-timey. It was ahead of its time in how it mixed genres.

Plus, it's hard to get much cooler than Bogart.
    I just hope they dont try to be all hip and cool with the sequel just for the sake of attracting a younger audience. Like the recent bastardized version of Three Stooges. Just tell a good story and it's smooth sailing from there

Gone

10 bucks says they'll choose The Fass for the Rick part.

Maybe the best movie of all time. Nothing will do it justice. I love Casablaca. Rick is the coolest cat ever. Ilsa is as gorgeous as any character in cinema history. Plus Claude Rains and Peter Lorre! I don't see how a sequel couldn't help but fail in comparison.
    When this first was rumored years ago, Sean Penn was attached to the lead.

Now I would suspect it could indeed be Fassbender or perhaps JGL, Gosling, or even Leo.
    Downey and Depp if Disney were calling the shots.
    I wouldn't want to walk in those shoes. Bogart is too much to take on.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I just hope they dont try to be all hip and cool with the sequel just for the sake of attracting a younger audience. Like the recent bastardized version of Three Stooges. Just tell a good story and it's smooth sailing from there
    Hey now... Aside from the out of character baby pee fight I thought that the Three Stooges film was pretty good. Not great, but pretty damn good. And the actors nailed the roles of Moe, Larry and Curly. Curly and Moe, they were easy. Sean Hayes did a phenomenal job with Larry though. And the basic over-arching plot with the orphanage, that was pure stooges.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Maybe the best movie of all time. Nothing will do it justice. I love Casablaca. Rick is the coolest cat ever. Ilsa is as gorgeous as any character in cinema history. Plus Claude Rains and Peter Lorre! I don't see how a sequel couldn't help but fail in comparison.
    When this first was rumored years ago, Sean Penn was attached to the lead.

Now I would suspect it could indeed be Fassbender or perhaps JGL, Gosling, or even Leo.
    Downey and Depp if Disney were calling the shots.
    I wouldn't want to walk in those shoes. Bogart is too much to take on.
    As pity as I have for whoever gets the Rick part, I feel even worse for the actress who lands the Ilsa role, you just know the combined female hatred of the entire planet will descend upon her like a doomsday comet. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Hey now... Aside from the out of character baby pee fight I thought that the Three Stooges film was pretty good. Not great, but pretty damn good. And the actors nailed the roles of Moe, Larry and Curly. Curly and Moe, they were easy. Sean Hayes did a phenomenal job with Larry though. And the basic over-arching plot with the orphanage, that was pure stooges.
    I give you that I thought the actors playing the Stooges were spot on, especially Sasso as Curly