Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is your favorite DC title?

Just wondering because I think I may get back into comics. I quit when DC restarted the DC comics and I quit at #5 of the comics I collected.

WHat titles do you recommend picking up? I may get back into Marvel and DC comics. Thanks

Jesus is our best friend and savior

Of the current "New 52", Demon Knights has probably been my favorite. Hopefully, that remains the same even though the writer is changing.

Just wondering what franchise is better in comics Marvel or DC

What has more entertaining comics Marvel or DC

I love Marvel and DC both but I was more toward Marvel in the past and now with the new 52 new DC comics i'm leaning toward both franchies. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Kis View Post
    Just wondering what franchise is better in comics Marvel or DC

What has more entertaining comics Marvel or DC

I love Marvel and DC both but I was more toward Marvel in the past and now with the new 52 new DC comics i'm leaning toward both franchies. Thanks
    If you jump back into Marvel, then I suggest that you start RIGHT NOW before the train starts moving really fastly.

Uncanny Avengers
    Avengers
    All-New X-Men
    Uncanny (unrevealed as of yet)

These are comics you'll need to get started (if you've not done so already).
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Action Comics

What is Uncanny Avengers and all new x-men

AQlso is Wolverine and the X-men still going on? Thanks

Probably Justice League or Batman
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

My favorite DC title is Earth 2 with Flash being a close second.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Flash, for sure.
    I rule me.

Just wondering because I think I may get back into comics. I quit when DC restarted the DC comics and I quit at #5 of the comics I collected.

WHat titles do you recommend picking up? I may get back into Marvel and DC comics. Thanks
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Demon Knights

Jesus is our best friend and savior
    He's not currently appearing in any DC titles, but you may be interested in Phantom Stranger...

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

hmm... I guess I can't go wrong w/ picking Wonder Woman, Flash, All-Star Western, or Action Comics as my #1 favorite. Frankenstein as well, but it's canned in a few months. =\
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    If you jump back into Marvel, then I suggest that you start RIGHT NOW before the train starts moving really fastly.

Uncanny Avengers
    Avengers
    All-New X-Men
    Uncanny (unrevealed as of yet)

These are comics you'll need to get started (if you've not done so already).
    Should prob add New Avengers, if we are assuming Lil Kis wants flagship titles only. ...which we don't know is the case.

Yes, WatXM is still going. I recently just got #19 - a great jump on point - after having only read the first few issues. Aaron is doing a killer job still, it seems. I'll probably try pick up the old trades.

Uncanny Avengers is a small team of Avengers and X-Men merged together (3 of each). The first arc seems to involve the Red Skull. It's written by Rick Remender, so it's almost guaranteed to be really good.

All New X-Men is by Brian Bendis, who's style isn't for everyone. It's about the original 5 X-Men from the past traveling to the current time and seeing how today's hero landscape is and they are not pleased or something.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 11-05-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Uncanny Avengers is a book where the Avengers and X-Men kumbaya themselves through each others' baddies. Written by Rick Remender and drawn by John Cassady.

All-New X-Men is where the first X-Men and current X-Men meet each other and Brian Bendis writes their dialogue. Oh boy.

Yes, Wolverine and the X-Men is still ongoing.
    Last edited by Hulk_Is; 11-05-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Last few months it's been Punk Rock Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Why those 4? I mean, I understand they're flagship titles, but did Lil Kis say he wanted to read flagship titles only? And why exclude New Avengers? WatXM?

Yes, WatXM is still going. I recently just got #19 - a great jump on point - after having only read the first few issues. Aaron is doing a killer job still, it seems. I'll probably try pick up the old trades.

Uncanny Avengers is a small team of Avengers and X-Men merged together (3 of each). The first arc seems to involve the Red Skull. It's written by Rick Remender, so it's almost guaranteed to be really good.

All New X-Men is by Brian Bendis, who's style isn't for everyone. It's about the original 5 X-Men from the past traveling to the current time and seeing how today's hero landscape is and they are not pleased or something.
    I suggested those books as starting points that are guaranteed to introduce him to the NOW. The OP will likely become hip to New Avengers through reading Avengers. NA has a different dynamic than the easily-accesible dynamics of Avengers IMO. Also, I have a bias against anything Jason Aaron, so I can't suggest anything by him.