Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mandy View Post
    Well...

Okay, if nobody else give their two cents in the next few hours, we can go with the suggestions received.

One more thing, however.

For the sake of my peace of mind, DC characters should only use feats from before the Flashpoint reboot.
    Whew, that save me a lot of reading.Uh, sorry to be a bother but could you direct me the lists where all the characters and Items point values are? I've accepted that this first one will be learning a experience so I don't care how well I do, but I don't want to slow the draft down for everyone else because I am entirely clueless.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    Whew, that save me a lot of reading.Uh, sorry to be a bother but could you direct me the lists where all the characters and Items point values are? I've accepted that this first one will be learning a experience so I don't care how well I do, but I don't want to slow the draft down for everyone else because I am entirely clueless.
    http://rumblers-league.wikispaces.com/
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Here's the league site assuming we are using those lists

As for Mandy's questions I'm pretty much up for whatever, though I think a lower tier tournament would be better.
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place

My card

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

I prefer a lower tiered, less fighty type of tournament. Aside from that, it's good
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Rex, Bob, much obliged.

Okay.

So character/item limit 6, short tournament it is.

I am already writing some possible challenge situations already, so we can get started as soon as possible. If anyone wants to suggest some, that'd be great.

If someone really, really wants to make additions or changes, we can do so over the next 3-4 days. Once that's done, we start the draft.

Okay.

I am already writing some possible challenge situations already, so we can get started as soon as possible. If anyone wants to suggest some, that'd be great.

If someone really, really wants to make additions or changes, we can do so over the next 3-4 days. Once that's done, we start the draft.
    I doubt anyone's gunna pick these guys, but I did a few updates to the Game Overthinker entries to reflect current storylines, since they're within the point limit.

Not sure if you wanted to go all original, but here is a list of scenarios we compiled from a previous tournament.

Also these: http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-Thread/page12

My card

Okay.

What is the point total for the team?

What is the point total for the team?
    I was thinking 100 points and fixed teams for the duration of the tournament, with a few limitations concerning max value characters.

Now, regarding modifications, there is something that I have in mind and that is best said now.

This goes against the way the item has been used before, but for this competition the Merging with the First Evil will be treated only as the powers displayed personally by Caleb, which I think is fair for its value, but will not grant the First Evil as an active ally.

Mostly, because a shape-shifting intangible spirit with functional omnipresence who can sometimes possess people should be worth a good deal more. And in some of the challenges I am preparing, it could be a total game-breaker.

I was thinking 100 points and fixed teams for the duration of the tournament, with a few limitations concerning max value characters.

Now, regarding modifications, there is something that I have in mind and that is best said now.

This goes against the way the item has been used before, but for this competition the Merging with the First Evil will be treated only as the powers displayed personally by Caleb, which I think is fair for its value, but will not grant the First Evil as an active ally.

Mostly, because a shape-shifting intangible spirit with functional omnipresence who can sometimes possess people should be worth a good deal more. And in some of the challenges I am preparing, it could be a total game-breaker.
    A few questions:

Is 6 points the total for a character and item combined, or can a 6 point character be combined with a 6 point item?

Once a item is purchased is it forever associated with a given character, or do we equip at the start of each match?

Will our character pool be separated into multiple fixed teams, or are they all just on one big fixed team?

I just wanted get a sense of how to balance things so my guys are versatile and can cover each others glaring weak points. Just reading through the lists has me very excited. Team construction is much neater and less tedious than I expected.

(Though heart breakingly my beloved Luffy is one point too expensive. I desperately wanted to do this move on someone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1iPZcUhakM)
    Last edited by AJ Valliant; 11-12-2012 at 10:11 AM.

A few questions:

Is 6 points the total for a character and item combined, or can a 6 point character be combined with a 6 point item?

Once a item is purchased is it forever associated with a given character, or do we equip at the start of each match?

Will our character pool be separated into multiple fixed teams, or are they all just on one big fixed team?

I just wanted get a sense of how to balance things so my guys are versatile and can cover each others glaring weak points. Just reading through the lists has me very excited. Team construction is much neater and less tedious than I expected.

(Though heart breakingly my beloved Luffy is one point too expensive. I desperately wanted to do this move on someone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1iPZcUhakM)
    6 as a max for characters or items not a combined six (though a cap on how much someone can be equipped with might be good).

And yeah team building is one of the best parts to these things.

My card

Stigma already answered some, but just to give this official value.

There will be limitations in the number of 6 point things you can purchase and possibly a minimum number of characters per team (to prevent stupid levels of item stacking) and minimum investiture per character (same reason).

You can, however, do a 6+6.

The item usually goes to the character it is initially assigned to. In longer tournaments, there used to be a window in the middle to drop some stuff and pick some new stuff, but with how short this is likely to be, probably not worth it.

So choose wisely.

The mentioned points will be for a single team. Someone running with a second team would receive an additional 100 points for that team, which he could not mix with the pre-existing team.

However, since letting people run with several teams would increase tournament length, I am not in favour of people running two or more teams.

Prepare for frustration as people pick whatever thing you wanted, just before it is your turn in the draft.

Free hint: Gum Gum Fruit is five points.

It's just that Luffy adds several additional levels of ridiculousness to the fruit powers.

It seems there is no particular interest in doing any list modification, but in case a reminder is useful: if someone wants to add something or change something you've the next few hours to do so.

It seems there is no particular interest in doing any list modification, but in case a reminder is useful: if someone wants to add something or change something you've the next few hours to do so.
    I added and adjusted just a couple of things: Septerra Core Characters, Derek Badger and Gamey (Poacher), and a couple Game Overthinker characters and updated a couple GO characters.