Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

It'll be fine with Dennis Calero; the guy is more than an adequate replacement

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Yeah, it makes me seriously wonder how long that book can survive now. Get ready for it to end, I guess. Oh well.
    What is with the doom and gloom? The writer is still there and, from what people have been telling me, Dennis will do just fine with the art.

Just a little change it art ain't gonna hurt it.

Then again, it does make me upset that two of my favorites from the new 52 have had their artist taken away to enhance other books that aren't doing so good. All because they are worth more money. I am referring to Rocafort being moved from Red Hood to Superman and Sorretino from I, Vampire to Green Arrow.

I'm less enthused about Sorretino, as I've never appreciated his/her art and it was one of the reasons I dropped I, Vampire. But I'll give it a try, and maybe give I Vampire a try again some time.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Sorrentino posted a tiny teaser
    (panel or part of a panel) from Green Arrow 17 on his twitter.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Nice grab. I will definitely be purchasing this.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    Definitely looks Arrow-inspired.

BANNED

Looks really cool. I hope they can restore some of his lost character. He's become a pretty bland 24 year old white guy and that needs to be corrected quite a bit.

I like the new art, but for those who don't...Just wait a few issues. That seems to be the New 52 trend with smaller books. They change or rotate teams.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Here's a new interview with Lemire.

I don't know how crazy I am about Lemire doing a darker, crime noir story, but I trust him and Sorrentino. He also mentions again that he's planning out his story for the next year or so and already has the first four or five issues done. I'm glad he intends to stay on the book for a while. I've been wanting to read Green Arrow since the reboot, but I've been reluctant to give it a serious try due to lackluster and frequently changing creative teams, so I can't wait to see what Lemire does.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

BANNED

I'm interested for sure, but not nearly as excited as everyone else. I can already see Ollie quickly just becoming the background for all the noir crime stuff he wants to do.

I doubt that. IN the recent podcast I listened to Lemire made it very clear that his work was going to be VERY character focused, revolving around this idea that Ollie had 'failed' to learn the lesson he was supposed to on the island, and so dark forces were coming to teach him the lesson again, as a way of explaining why Ollie was still such a self centered smarmy douche.

From the constant references to O'Neil's "Question", I wouldn't be surprised for a quasi-mystical vibe more than the grim, gritty Grell.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I doubt that. IN the recent podcast I listened to Lemire made it very clear that his work was going to be VERY character focused, revolving around this idea that Ollie had 'failed' to learn the lesson he was supposed to on the island, and so dark forces were coming to teach him the lesson again, as a way of explaining why Ollie was still such a self centered smarmy douche.

From the constant references to O'Neil's "Question", I wouldn't be surprised for a quasi-mystical vibe more than the grim, gritty Grell.
    O'Neil's Question was mystical?

BANNED

It wasn't a fantasy series by any means, but it did have mystical elements. At least in the same way Batman Begins did.

But that's good to hear then. The whole "Well I wasn't interested in this character, but then I thought about this idea" was the same thing with Superboy and we ended up getting a bland as hell lead character.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    O'Neil's Question was mystical?
    It wasn't out and out magic, but there was myticism with all the drugs and eastern philosophy, which is part of what made it better than most grim and gritty stuff.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

This is what the GA direction should have been right at the reboot. Awesome, awesome news. I could only bring myself to get the first 2 issues of GA and then it was drop city. With this news, Im going to start picking it up myself.

My greatest concern is that Ollie will become all kill happy with Lemire, especially seeing as he idolises Grell's run so much, what with the Ollie on Arrow being a murderer as well. It's the worst things about Grell's run where I found myself hating his run mostly because of his inability to restrain (even with small time thugs).
    I'd like him to mention some of his other supporting cast from the Smith-Winick run especially Mia.