Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Nah, it's COMPLETELY true of DKR. You can read the entire comic in Adam West's voice. DKR is the Silver Age world gone to hell in the 1980s. And Batman's manner, from taking himself so overly-seriously, to doing things like telling kids to mind their language, is pure, over-the-top Adam West.

But DKSA, while sillier, is a completely unrecognizable world.
    Nah, it's completely true that you don't understand the concept of DEGREES, or even the thread of your own argument.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Nah, it's completely true that you don't understand the concept of DEGREES, or even the thread of your own argument.
    I think you need to reread DKR.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This could be worth checking out...maybe my 1st pull of Green Arrow since 2010.
    This is perfect timing for me, Green Arrow tv show has made me regret never trying his ongoing as monthly read before. Lemire is the new DC 52 writer i trust most after Animal Man and Frankenstein.

I was just waiting for a creator i can trust to give GA a chance.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I, for one, am cautious but interested. Green Arrow, via Smith, actually brought comics into my psyche. An embarrassing introduction, perhaps, but it was the first work that stuck, and the character can be blamed for my participation in the readership of comics today. I had high hopes for Nocenti, but they didn't materialize. Lemire hasn't written anything I haven't enjoyed thus far, but it is a change of pace for him and it may not be a good fit. I was hoping beyond hope for Rucka or Brubaker or a fresh talent. Now I'm hoping Lemire will adapt to the genre without surrendering his own quirks.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I've always thought Longbow Hunters was a bit of alright, at best, not that it was this seminal work for Green Arrow. Not sure why, honestly, it just never clicked for me.

My nomination for 'best Green Arrow story ever' is certainly "Night Olympics", a short two part backup that ran in Detective by a young fellow named Alan Moore. After that, I have to say I most enjoyed Meltzer's 6 issue arc on the title, then Quiver, then perhaps Year One and finally Longbow Hunters.
    Have you read the Mike Barr/Trevor Von Eeden mini series? Phenomenal stuff for pre-crisis Ollie.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by aaronghunter View Post
    I, for one, am cautious but interested. Green Arrow, via Smith, actually brought comics into my psyche. An embarrassing introduction, perhaps, but it was the first work that stuck, and the character can be blamed for my participation in the readership of comics today. I had high hopes for Nocenti, but they didn't materialize. Lemire hasn't written anything I haven't enjoyed thus far, but it is a change of pace for him and it may not be a good fit. I was hoping beyond hope for Rucka or Brubaker or a fresh talent. Now I'm hoping Lemire will adapt to the genre without surrendering his own quirks.
    oh
    ha
    ha ha ha
    hee hee ho ho
    hoo hah hah
    hoh

that's funny

BANNED

Yeah, you couldn't pull Brubaker or Rucka from Marvel with a crowbar. It just won't happen. Both have worked at DC and prefer Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Yeah, you couldn't pull Brubaker or Rucka from Marvel with a crowbar. It just won't happen. Both have worked at DC and prefer Marvel.
    You can pry Rucka away from Marvel. He's about to leave Punisher and he says he's done with the Big-2 for a while. He's going to focus on his independent projects.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    You couldn't pull them to DC with a crowbar, but they're both walking away from Marvel as we speak.

"Hoping beyond hope" is a kind way of saying this is what you want, but it is entirely infeasible if not impossible given the circumstances. I said what I wanted, I didn't say it was realistic.

Can Sorretino's art translate well to Green Arrow? Don't get me wrong: it fits so well with I, Vampire's dark, evil theme. But I don't see how it can go well with Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    Can Sorretino's art translate well to Green Arrow? Don't get me wrong: it fits so well with I, Vampire's dark, evil theme. But I don't see how it can go well with Green Arrow.
    Counterpoint:

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

^^^^^

agree with that counterpoint. There is so much in that cover, I can't wait to see the interiors.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I loveloveloved Andrea on I,V...so I am willing to give GA another shot with issue 17.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Sad that Sorrentino is now off of I, Vampire

Quote Originally Posted by hypotherion View Post
    Counterpoint:

So pwetty... Makes me want to throw money at DC even though I'm angry at them right now.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    Sad that Sorrentino is now off of I, Vampire
    Yeah, it makes me seriously wonder how long that book can survive now. Get ready for it to end, I guess. Oh well.