View Poll Results: Which these New 52 4th Wave books will you try?

Voters
117. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • JLA by Geoff Johns & David Finch

95 81.20%
  • Vibe by Andrew Kreisberg & Pete Woods

35 29.91%
  • Katana by Ann Nocenti & Alex Sanchez

34 29.06%
  • Threshold by Keith Giffen & Tom Raney

60 51.28%
  • Other / Unnamed final title (post an idea if you like)

18 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm going to try all four titles, as I'm usually pretty open to trying new comics, but I have different opinions on whether I keep reading them:

1. JLA: Looks like a book I'll keep reading, due to its interesting cast interesting build up so far.

2. Threshold: Doesn't interest me too much, but I'll see when I pick it up.

3. Vibe: I know nothing about the character, so I'm basically going into this with a blank slate. I'll keep reading if it's good.

4. Katana: I've been burned twice by Nocenti twice now, and with one of my favorite characters (Green Arrow). This book will have to be really good to convince me to keep buying.
    - Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
    Winston Churchill

I'm definitely going to pick up JLA and Lemire's Green Arrow. I'll also probably try out the first issue of Threshold and Vibe to see if they're any good. I have no interest in Katana however.

At this point, im thinking just JLA.

None try again DC

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    None try again DC
    Yes, try again DC, you need to capture skyvolt2000's purchasing power, otherwise all your new launches are for crap!

Quote Originally Posted by fishbonex View Post
    Yes, try again DC, you need to capture skyvolt2000's purchasing power, otherwise all your new launches are for crap!
    In case you hadn't noticed, he's not the only one who isn't impressed by the latest titles that have been announced.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

None of these books
    Who's there?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    In case you hadn't noticed, he's not the only one who isn't impressed by the latest titles that have been announced.
    There are allways people that are not interested. Usually, more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbonex View Post
    Now I never said all that. :).

I should have said it will take more than those books to actually get me interested enough to go out and buy them when they first come out. Instead of waiting until they pop in the dollar bins (or 50 cent bins on Wednesdays) especially that JLA book. That's all.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

If I wasn't on policy to never get another DC ongoing until Steph gets another prominent role, I would be getting Threshold, but that's it. JLA's team doesn't make sense for what it's supposed to be and the spin-offs are just so that they can make JLA look as important and A-List as the JL book.

JLA. The team roster is interesting, though I'm not sure about Johns writing another book when I'm not really enjoying GL or JL. I'll probably see how the first arc pans out and go from there with it.

The other three I have zero interest in. Vibe and Katana are screaming quick cancellation titles to me so I would hesitate to invest in them even if I was interested.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Now I never said all that. :).

I should have said it will take more than those books to actually get me interested enough to go out and buy them when they first come out. Instead of waiting until they pop in the dollar bins (or 50 cent bins on Wednesdays) especially that JLA book. That's all.
    You are allways supporting minority books. Even if Katana and Vibe are not of your particular minority, at least trying them out would be helping diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, I am not remotely interested in these either, and think Vibe is about the lamest character DC has ever come up with. I would buy a Question or Shazam book if they were among the new arrivals. So far the last two waves, only Sword of Sorcery and Dial H actually hooked me and I have been cutting titles faster than I add them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Montana View Post
    and think Vibe is about the lamest character DC has ever come up with.
    Why? Any reason other than seing other people make jokes about him?

I'm definitely picking up Threshold, thinking I may pick up JLA and Katana for the first issue and see what they're like.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!