Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Fun idea.

I'll be getting my Louisiana cover.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    With the digital versions, so far DC has been putting in all the variants covers... That is going to be a lot of pages to skip past to get to the actual story.
    Hah, yeah. If they do that, there will be over twice as many covers as there are story pages.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Man, if you'd have told me even after the JLA reveal that VIBE would get his own on-going...

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

The biggest news for me is that Lemire is taking over Green Arrow. I'll probably give it a shot, but the other two series don't interest me.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Anyone taking odds on Rich not getting on DC's case over this?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    I don't mid the 52 covers thing because a) it ties in to their 52 book initiative and b) they're doing 1 per state which is a clever idea. It's at least justifiable for those reasons as opposed to no reasons why there were what, 17?, covers for Uncanny Avengers 31.
    A gimmick is a gimmick no matter how you want to spin it. That said, we don't know what the incentive ratios are yet or how they're spreading the fun around. It's still an absurd number.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    A gimmick is a gimmick no matter how you want to spin it. That said, we don't know what the incentive ratios are yet or how they're spreading the fun around. It's still an absurd number.
    Didio said there aren't any incentive ratio's. You just Order the covers you want for your store.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    It says in the article they're not incentify-zing the variants. And nowhere did I say it wasn't a gimmick. I said it was a more justified one for those reasons.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Didio said there aren't any incentive ratio's. You just Order the covers you want for your store.
    Yeah, I'd imagine most stores would just order the normal cover and their individual state's variant, if that. I don't go out of my way to get variants, but if I had a choice of multiple covers for the same price, I'd certain appreciate the option, like I do with the Dark Horse Buffy titles.
    "Batman is this force that appears out of nowhere behind a guy or all the sudden comes through the window like a man-sized brick and the note attached is a serious ass-whooping"

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    According to his Twitter from today after GA was announced; he is still on JLD and Animal Man for the long haul.
    Ah, a sigh of relief...

Not really surprised at the sticking of Lemire on GA. The character's the lead in both a new show and a new comic (JLA). DC can't really afford to have he character starring in a solo title of low to mediocre quality. I might actually start reading Green Arrow now. It's disappointing they didn't put someone more established (and probably better) on the Vibe series. The way I see it the only way a Vibe solo title is going to survive is if the writing behind it is strong enough to make him a breakout character or at least a niche character with a hardcore group of fans like Animal Man and Swamp Thing. Without positive word of mouth and review scores bringing more readers in I don't expect the book to last more than 6 months. Maybe a little more.

BANNED

Ehh, no problem with any of these books. But I would have preferred different books for fourth wave. I also think they should actually get people to care about Vibe in JLA before giving him a book. Will probably check out Green Arrow and Katanna though. (Can't stand Kriesberg).

I thought the article said the Vibe and Katana books were mini's that tied into JLA.

Edit..After further review, it says "two new tie-in series" so I guess it's safe to assume on-going, it's just a tad bit suprising.

Edit ll...the Lemire Green Arrow article mentions Katana being a mini series.
    Last edited by agent_graves; 11-05-2012 at 10:02 AM.

This sucks.
    Not sure I fully understand the incentivizing differences, but I hope the lack of it here makes it somehow more justifiable and less of a sales stunt . . . gross . . .

I also hate this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Didio
    We've done a lot of great things with the 'New 52, and now we're putting the focus back on Justice League, with the launch of 'Justice League of America'. We want to make people realize that this is one of our key franchises, and we plan to build it out not just with the main 'Justice League' titles, but other books that tie into them as well.

So we can't have Wally West and Donna Troy in The New 52 universe but Vibe and Katana already got their ongoing series ?
    Yeah, right, it's totally make sense.