Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default DC Announces 52 Variants For "Justice League of America" #1, Two Tie-Ins

In maybe the biggest promotional gimmick of an era of numbers-increasing covers, DC Comics has announced 52 separate variants for Geoff Johns and David Finch's "Justice League of America" #1 as well as two solo series for Vibe and Katana.

Full article here.

i wish i was an american for this lol, i'd want to collect my state's cover

FUN GIMMICK

What a awesome idea.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Would definitely be getting New York.

Its pretty awesome that they aren't gonna make the stores over buy to get the covers. All they have to do is Buy the covers like regular

Damn, that's a lot of covers, I doubt it'll inflate the numbers that drasticly, all retailers won't be able to up their orders.

Lemire leaving JLD for Green Arrow...SMH
    Last edited by agent_graves; 11-05-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Just when you thought DC was above appealing to the collector market. Pow right in the kisser. Still not buying JLA
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

Jeff Lemire on Green Arrow *sigh* guess this means he is leaving JLD eventually, I feared this since a co-writer was announced.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Just when you thought DC was above appealing to the collector market. Pow right in the kisser. Still not buying JLA
    When so many books have low numbers you sadly have to understand. Stop buying 5 Batman books and start buying I, Vampire.
    I just hope they continue to give us some unexpected book.

The best part of that was Lemire coming on to Green Arrow. And a close second is a Katana series.
    If this were the gospel truth, your bushes would be on fire. - Warren Ellis

Current Faves: Flash, WW, Batman, Hawkeye, Daredevil, Hellboy, X-Men, Conan The Barbarian, Saga, It-Girl

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

52 variants is overkill.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Well give them points for trying to promote a book that probably couldn't get numbers if it wasn't called JLA but not interested in this team. The JLA I want to read is the heroes in the other book.

Which ones do I buy?!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    52 variants is overkill.
    Yes...I hate it when Marvel does it...and I hate when DC is doing it now...do they not learn the right lessons from each other's mistakes?
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Jeff Lemire on Green Arrow *sigh* guess this means he is leaving JLD eventually, I feared this since a co-writer was announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_graves View Post
    Damn, that's a lot of covers, I doubt it'll inflate the numbers that drasticly, all retailers won't be able to up their orders.

Lemire leaving JLD for Green Arrow...SMH
    According to his Twitter from today after GA was announced; he is still on JLD and Animal Man for the long haul.