Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I thought Bruce and Damian's conversation was pretty fun. Especially the head lopped off part.

Looking forward to this issue
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    I don't know. Any kid Damian's age is going to try to emulate their peers. No matter how unique he is, the more he hangs out with normal speaking kids, the more he's going to take on their way of speaking. To think that one or two words or phrases makes or breaks his character is mind boggling, to me. His line of thinking in that scene seems 100% like Damian.
    Exactly--some words he probably wouldn't use, but what he does say still shows that arrogance and that mix of reverence and anger towards his father that is integral to the character of Damian.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Anyway, I dig that throwback "Robin with fist in palm" bit at the end.
    Last edited by B. Kuwanger; 11-05-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    I was wondering if that was what was being referenced. God I hope that was intentional.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Damian has been doing that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Damian has been doing that for years.
    Yep.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I'm saying the scene and dialogue remind me of Burt Ward.

Jeez nobody gets Damian's voice right anymore...

So outside of the few pages with Damian, this was a pretty good issue. I liked the way that Batman kept his will together when dealing with Ivy, very high-tech in a way that makes sense. I also like that they're still playing Ivy as someone who has good intentions, but just doesn't care about the consequences. Her...relationship (?) with Clayface is interesting as well (God I hope we get to see that in one of the back-ups or something).

The only thing that bothered me was something that neither Layman or Fabok could help--Batman ignoring that Alfred seemingly left without any notice. Now, maybe this is something that just works better in the main story and the tie-ins kinda screws it up (wouldn't be the first time that happens), but I would think that Bruce would be a little more curious about that, or at least mention that there didn't seem to be any sign of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    So outside of the few pages with Damian, this was a pretty good issue. I liked the way that Batman kept his will together when dealing with Ivy, very high-tech in a way that makes sense. I also like that they're still playing Ivy as someone who has good intentions, but just doesn't care about the consequences. Her...relationship (?) with Clayface is interesting as well (God I hope we get to see that in one of the back-ups or something).

The only thing that bothered me was something that neither Layman or Fabok could help--Batman ignoring that Alfred seemingly left without any notice. Now, maybe this is something that just works better in the main story and the tie-ins kinda screws it up (wouldn't be the first time that happens), but I would think that Bruce would be a little more curious about that, or at least mention that there didn't seem to be any sign of a problem.
    Or it could be that Alfred is going out on a date with Lesley and Bruce is telling his son that if he is old enough to Be Robin he can cook his own Eggs and Bacon in the mourning sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Or it could be that Alfred is going out on a date with Lesley and Bruce is telling his son that if he is old enough to Be Robin he can cook his own Eggs and Bacon in the mourning sometimes.
    I get that's the point that Bruce was making, and I guess it depends on what we see happen in Batman #14, but it just feels weird that Alfred has seemingly disappeared from his post and duties and BRUCE of all people isn't concerned about it.

Detective Comics #14

Plot:

Today’s fun is of Batman tracking down Poison Ivy while Penquin slowly begins to rise in popularity among the city.

Our Hero:

So by talking, you mean kissing, right Batty?

Our Villain:

Man, Ivy’s powers are a lot more complex then I give her credit.

Our Side Characters:

Ah, Damien. You sure are embracing your inner snark today. I like it!

Action:

Vine tentacles! So many inapporiate comments.

Dialogue:

Dammit Damien, you got a point! Also, emphasizing your words has no effect on Batman.

Art:

That vine face…

Most Memorable Moment:

Now that’s fireworks! The green kind at least.

Final Page:

Must have been one hell of a wedding.

Back Up:

Cash! Glad to see you here in the new 52!

What We Should Take from This Comic:

Batman must try to figure out Penguin’s plans before something bad happens while also try to convince Ivy to help him.

What We Do Take From This Comic:

So Poison Ivy and Clayface? This is just going to lead to weird shipping fanfics that nobody will want to read.

Yay or Nay?

Yay!

Okay, now this was a lot of fun! I really liked the part though about how Ivy's powers work and can change depending on the time or how Batman can get around her alluring abilities.

This was a good slice of Batman pizza for me. The art was excellent, the women were hot, Bruce and Damian looked great.

I'm intrigued by the beauty and the beast angle too. Has it been done before? yeah, but i dont care.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Great issue! Love how Ivy is written and that Batman cares about her because she "isn't evil. just misguided".
    Art is beautiful, although Fabok don't get her new costume as good as Jesus Seiz or Andly Clarke in the back-up story...and I miss her black eyes!

Enjoyed this issue. I thought the Damien pages were good as well. I never really liked Damien much before but I think I'm coming round a bit with him.

Fairly straight forward story and a nice easy read. The backup story was just as good IMHO.