Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    It's people that think like you that ruin this beautiful industry. Give Vibe a chance brudda.
    are people that afraid of something new...I mean should we just ask DC to only print Bats, Supes, and WW books?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I wouldn't say all that. Like I posted earlier-these two don't attract the hate Static and yes Black Panther do. So I think more people will be open to try them or at least an arc. Both will get some help when DC Nation returns as well. I could see both lasting at least a year depending on what is done with them in other books and the looming big event of 2013.

So it's not all doom and gloom.

I also forgot to note (because I didn't realize it was the same writer) that with Kreisberg at the helm of one of those titles I want to readjust my initial stance of the title lasting 8-10 issue to it being quickly made into a 4-6 issue limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveVibe View Post
    are people that afraid of something new...I mean should we just ask DC to only print Bats, Supes, and WW books?
    It's like they want DC to be like Marvel and add Avengers to every title. I want to see other characters thrive and even though some of my favorites like Static, Jaime and Firestorm fumbled, I would never would've believed that one of my faves in Vibe would get an ongoing today. It's beautiful.

I'm expecting/hoping both of these are clarified as mini-series. If not, this is far and away the worst wave yet.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Wait, you're saying that Johns' Avengers run was bad? I thought it was one of his better works and definitely superior than his current JL. It was a shame that he did'nt stay on the book longer, I enjoyed his run much more than Busiek's.

For the love of me, I can't stand Busiek's dialogue.
    Wow, I feel the total opposite. Is there something wrong with you, buddy?

It's people that think like you that ruin this beautiful industry. Give Vibe a chance brudda.
    We definitely need a "like" button on these forums.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

BANNED

It's like they want DC to be like Marvel and add Avengers to every title. I want to see other characters thrive and even though some of my favorites like Static, Jaime and Firestorm fumbled, I would never would've believed that one of my faves in Vibe would get an ongoing today. It's beautiful.
    Actually, your argument is pretty weak in that when Marvel "added" Avengers to every title, they were able to show case characters that would have never made it on their own. So, what Marvel did - like it or not - gave some characters a life support system. DC is just going to kill them at birth.

I might have to check out Katana. I've always been interested in the character yet I'm not huge on too many team books and that was really her calling card up to now. A solo book might be right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Interesting that they are tying Vibe to Darkseid, the Parademons, and the Boom Tube stuff. Him and Cyborg (basically got his powers the same way) should become BFFs, especially since they're both from Detroit. In fact I'd almost be surprised if Johns doesn't do that at some point.

I wish we got to see art by the interior artists, so we could get a sense of what the books will actually look like.

That title ("Justice League of America's Vibe") is really stupid, but whatever.

Kreisberg's interview did nothing for me. Seems like they're going to kind of neuter the character a bit and take away from his uniqueness. Eh, whatever, I trust Johns knows what he's doing. He hasn't let me down other than Flash Rebirth.
    By taking away his "uniqueness", you mean take away the stereotypes, right?

Are they really ongoings? Can't say I'm very interested even if I dolike Katana.

So wait, does Vibe have to do with the New Gods and stuff? I like Darkseid!

Honestly, that Vibe is launching with Parademons and the New Gods, I'm even less interested. I feel like they should just embrace the inherent goofiness of the character Vibe was and just polish it a bit. Give us a fun book.

Of course this is just me jumping to assumptions based on a cover, but DC could do with a little lightening up. And no, that's not a racial remark.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    So wait, does Vibe have to do with the New Gods and stuff? I like Darkseid!
    According to the writer, Detroit is an inter-dimensional hotspot and Vibe can sense the disruptions. So he gets dispatched by ARGUS to tackle those threats.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveVibe View Post
    I don't think DC should only print those by a long shot and I'm quite enjoying a lot of the new characters that have appeared in the wake of the reboot as well as the updated versions of other characters. It's simply that I have no interest in Vibe as a character and even though Katana sounds interesting I dislike Nocenti's writing so that makes this announcement very disappointing for me minus the news of GA's new creative team. If anyone other than Nocenti was writing Katana I would at least check it out.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Honestly, that Vibe is launching with Parademons and the New Gods, I'm even less interested. I feel like they should just embrace the inherent goofiness of the character Vibe was and just polish it a bit. Give us a fun book.

Of course this is just me jumping to assumptions based on a cover, but DC could do with a little lightening up. And no, that's not a racial remark.
    I think it's safe to assume that these books are going to be very important come Trinity War time.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Yes, because Static shock failed because it was a minority character, and not because DC seriously fucked up the title with horrible editing, bad writing and messy artwork.
    The argument was that a minority character wouldn't survive without an iconic symbol on his or her chest, yet mention was made of Hardware and Gen 13's Rainchild.
    That's just turd logic.

Oscar Wilde