Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

I think Katana will be part of the Justice League line. She is leaving a Batman line book and joining a Justice League line book, it would make no sense to put her new solo in the Batman line.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I think Katana will be part of the Justice League line. She is leaving a Batman line book and joining a Justice League line book, it would make no sense to put her new solo in the Batman line.
    Yeah, I think it'll be either Justice League or Edge, doubt it'll be part of the Batman line.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Yeah, I think it'll be either Justice League or Edge, doubt it'll be part of the Batman line.
    I hope so too. Quite frankly I think the Batman line is full to its brim now.

I'm betting Katana will be an Edge book.

While Katana seems to have the violent action that characterizes the Edge, it would make no sense to me to have a book featuring a Justice League character NOT in the Justice League line.

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

JLA itself seems to fit in the Edge line. I thought the book was going to be JLEdge before it was anounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    JLA itself seems to fit in the Edge line. I thought the book was going to be JLEdge before it was anounced.
    You know, that is kind of a good point. If there is (literally) a JL Dark, then yeah, this does kind of seem like JL Edge.

There's also a rumor (maybe just created by fans, I can't remember) that each Trinity member will join or be involved with a Justice League team. I think Phantom Stranger is obviously going Dark, and Question is probably going Edge / JLA. Question does fit into the JLA team dynamic they have here very, very well. Which means Pandora on JL.

Is it just me or is it more than a little hard to believe that both Vibe and Katana are getting solo books before Cyborg? Especially since I feel like there have been continual talks of a solo Cyborg book being on the way. I'm not even one of those who think that he necessarily needs one (I'd pick it up) but do think him getting one would make more sense than either of these two.

While I'm glad for fans of the characters (and in fact, I am one for Katana), I have zero interest in either of these two books but do hope they do well.
    Pull List: (Marvel) Daredevil, Mighty Avengers, Hawkeye, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, X-Factor (DC) Nightwing, Batman, Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    While Katana seems to have the violent action that characterizes the Edge, it would make no sense to me to have a book featuring a Justice League character NOT in the Justice League line.
    Well, neither the Batman or Superman books are in the Justice League header :)

With Katana being a main character in that new Batman animated series starting soon I wouldn't be surprised if her book is put in the Bat-line. Though I can easily see them put it in another line just as well, but unfortunately the book will probably have a better chance at succeeding if it is in Bat-line.

But anyway, they are really pushing her character hard but she is still someone I have no interest in following. And Vibe? Really? Of all the characters they could give books to I am surprised these are the two they picked. Though I doubt the books will last that long anyway. Oh well. Maybe the next wave will have something more interesting.

The only thing about the announments that has me excited is that there will be a new creative team on Green Arrow. I'm not interested in Vibe and I might have given a Katana ongoing a look but with Nocenti writing it I'm not interested. Ah well, there's always the next wave to consider.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Is View Post
    Is it just me or is it more than a little hard to believe that both Vibe and Katana are getting solo books before Cyborg? Especially since I feel like there have been continual talks of a solo Cyborg book being on the way. I'm not even one of those who think that he necessarily needs one (I'd pick it up) but do think him getting one would make more sense than either of these two.
    That's kind of my sentiment as well, and really if they can't get Johns to write it all personally, why don't they just give him a co-writer? At least that way you get that extra superstar push.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    The problem with this is, it's the same logic that was applied to Aquaman. People still believed sales would be mediocre at best. And nobody in their right mind would've predicted it would outsell X-Men, Spider-Man and Avengers.

I'm standing by my prediction for now. DC is on a roll and I think Vibe is going to do better than many expect. Particularly if Johns is coordinating a high profile role for Vibe with Kreisberg so he's central to JLA. That will be the critical difference with this book.

Imagine how much better Blue Beetle would've sold if they'd put him in a starring role in Justice League.
    I think Vibe has got a real shot at surprising a lot of people.
    The main difference here is that Aquaman has instant name recognition. Whether or not people took him seriously, his brand awareness is pretty high. Vibe doesn't have that. Aquaman had the benefit of the slow build in Brightest Day to show he's a badass plus the same creative team of the aftermentioned successful event. Vibe doesn't. I don't think the book will fail by any means but its not going to sell Aquaman numbers. Thats my prediction, although I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong on that.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Is View Post

While I'm glad for fans of the characters (and in fact, I am one for Katana), I have zero interest in either of these two books but do hope they do well.
    Honestly, I'd much rather wait for something in John's (and one of his frequent collaborator's) schedule to open up so that they can launch Cyborg properly instead of passing it off to someone like Nocenti to do.

Justice League of America's Vibe #1 (yes, that seems to be the full name) cover