View Poll Results: who is your fav ultimate villain

Voters
21. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • FRANK SIMPSON / NUKE

0 0%
  • THE RED SKULL

0 0%
  • LOKI

0 0%
  • GREGORY STARK

1 4.76%
  • HERR KLEISER

0 0%
  • VICTOR VAN DAMME / DOCTOR DOOM

1 4.76%
  • REED RICHARDS

10 47.62%
  • NORMAN OSBORN / THE GREEN GOBLIN

1 4.76%
  • MAGNETO

4 19.05%
  • SABRETOOTH

0 0%
  • BRUCE BANNER / THE HULK

1 4.76%
  • DOCTOR OCTOPUS

1 4.76%
  • MISTER SINISTER / APOCALYPSE

0 0%
  • GAH-LAK-TUS

1 4.76%
  • OTHER (?)

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who is your favorite ultimate villain?

Who is your favorite villain in the ultimate universe?

BANNED

for me it comes down between
    Gregory Stark

and Reed Richards

BANNED

My Top 3

1. Gah-Lak-Tus
    2. The Leader
    3. The Red Skull.

And big shout out to Reed Richards too. He was a GREAT villain before Humphries came along.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-05-2012 at 06:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    My Top 3

1. Gah-Lak-Tus
    2. The Leader
    3. The Red Skull.

And big shout out to Reed Richards too. He was a GREAT villain before Humphries came along.
    ..................................... There was a Ultimate Leader??????????????? where? when? WTF????

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    ..................................... There was a Ultimate Leader??????????????? where? when? WTF????
    Must have been in Ultimate Human! ~ Wobbly Wyokid

BANNED

I didn't see Hulk on the pole.

Norman Osbourne was also a really good villain.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Must have been in Ultimate Human! ~ Wobbly Wyokid
    It was!

Why so wobbly? :D

On Vacation

1. Mephisto
    2. Reed Richards
    3. Loki by Mark Millar
    4. Magneto by Mark Millar not Loeb
    5. Hulk
    6. Namor

Ultimate Magneto is a great villain, as well as Ultimate Reed Richards.

Magneto is far and away my favorite Ultimate Villian

Others that I thought were great, Reed, Red Skull, Doom, Kingpin, Venom, Weapon X.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I don't really have one favorite, but several (in no specific order):

Magneto - when he was more complex and less "kill all humans." He worked so well during Millar's run because he was a perfect foil for Xavier. Without that contrast in Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum, he became so much more one dimensional.
    Norman Osborn - A great take on the character. Batshit crazy and would do everything in his power to ruin Peter. It was a personal vendetta, not a global one.
    Doc Ock - The scientist who couldn't get out of Norman's shadow because Norman wouldn't allow him to. Even while playing second fiddle, he managed to get closer to ending things for Peter than anyone until Death of Spider-man.
    The Ultimate Six - A perfect example of something that is greater than the sum of its parts. Other than Norman and Ock, none of these villains were particularly threatening on their own. They were cool, sure, and solid bad guys, but they were b-list at best. But together? They made something magical.
    Loki - Putting the Liberators together set up one of the greatest face-offs in Ultimate history. But Loki didn't really care about hurting the Ultimates - he just wanted to watch the world burn. And despite a recycled plot, Loeb even used Loki pretty well in New Ultimates.
    Chameleons - Really, they're kind of lame, but that's what makes them so great. They don't even realize how much damage they're causing to Peter's life. And, for me, it's much more interesting to read about a character screwing up Peter's life than fighting Spider-man. After they catch on, they take a dark turn and really go full-on bad guy.
    Reed Richards - Despite a weak and rushed ending, this was a perfect direction for the former hero.
    Dr Doom - How could you not like Dr Doom? He's as perfect a foil for Reed as Magneto is for Xavier.

Honorable mention:

Gregory Stark and Red Skull - It's hard to say they're on my list of favorites, but I really want them to be. They were both great ideas that fizzled before their stories ended. I'd love to see another crack at either of them by a different writer. Gregory Stark would have been a perfect bad guy for Hickman to write, and Red Skull could fit anywhere into a Cap story.
    Thanos - I love the madness that drives him, but the execution was really weak through parts of the story. It was a decent mega-arc, but a few missed beats hurt it.

One thing that really stands out is how many bad guys from Ultimate Spider-man I could put on this list. Almost any villain from the first run could make my favorites. Bendis did a really great job at building Spider-man's world. The new Scorpion, unfortunately, was closer to the side of Deadpool and Deathlok than Venom and Kingpin, but he was still a pretty decent bad guy. It's also worth noting that only Dr Doom and Magneto really stand out from X-Men and Fantastic Four. They both had a few good B-level bad guys - moreso for X-Men - but none were able to rise to the level of these classic villains.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

The Ultimate Universe does villains better than anyone else, and Reed Richards takes the cake. For the first time in my comics-reading history, I became convinced that the villain was unbeatable.

I think that's the reason why his defeat was so disappointing: it seemed utterly implausible, given the way he had swatted aside the entire world up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    The Ultimate Universe does villains better than anyone else, and Reed Richards takes the cake. For the first time in my comics-reading history, I became convinced that the villain was unbeatable.

I think that's the reason why his defeat was so disappointing: it seemed utterly implausible, given the way he had swatted aside the entire world up to that point.
    completely agree. esp. since the rushed ending was just so humprhies can do his own thing, with pres. cap flying on a hovercraft with a flag. gah. i dont remember any other transition between writers leaving this much of a sour taste in my mouth, ever.

anyway, on topic. galactus was the most original idea, magneto was the most ruthless, but the sheer terror brought by reed and the children will probably remain unparalleled.
    All-time Favs: Ultimate Marvel, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets, Ex Machina, Grant Morrison, Saga...

Quote Originally Posted by pinq09 View Post
    anyway, on topic. galactus was the most original idea, magneto was the most ruthless, but the sheer terror brought by reed and the children will probably remain unparalleled.
    Reed's story becomes even creepier when you realize what is happening off-panel. Millions upon millions are being slaughtered as The City expands and engulfs eastern Europe, but the reader sees none of it. The most terrifying atrocities happen in the periphery, and the reader only learns of it though an off-hand comment here and there.

At the time, I was irritated by the way Hickman seemed to just gloss over something so important, but in hindsight, the way it was never shown on-panel gave me chills.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Reed's story becomes even creepier when you realize what is happening off-panel. Millions upon millions are being slaughtered as The City expands and engulfs eastern Europe, but the reader sees none of it. The most terrifying atrocities happen in the periphery, and the reader only learns of it though an off-hand comment here and there.

At the time, I was irritated by the way Hickman seemed to just gloss over something so important, but in hindsight, the way it was never shown on-panel gave me chills.
    Actually I had a discussion about this a couple months ago. I thought the reason that there were not any scenes of massacres was because nothing was alive in eastern europe. notice how when Esad draws eastern europe it always looks like a desert. and the reason was that in Ultimatum the eastern half of europe was frozen to death and turned into a wasteland. the only thing there was asgard after it came to earth.

Nick Fury. :)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog