Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who wants a ULTIMATE VIETNAM Mini Series

Who would like to see a Ultimate Vietnam Mini Series

Have it be a encounter between Frank Simpson / Nuke

and The Ultimate Red Skull (Steve Rogers Son in the Ultiverse)

and mabye add Ultimate Punisher/Frank Castle in the mix (unlikley as he was much too young in his appearance in ultimate avengers 2)

and have whatever brings about this encounter eventualy leads to Nuke going MIA (prehapes a crooked American General working for both sides and funding the red skull)

and mabye have the art be by Marco Checchetto or Carlos Pacheco.

What do you guys think of this idea???

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Damn straight! I do think Frank would be too young to be in Nam, though. But that doesn't mean that Nick Fury or Wolverine weren't up to some very dark things in The Nam, y'know?

Throw in Wolverine and I'm sold. Who am I kidding, I'd read that with out Wolverine but he would make it that much better.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Throw in Wolverine and I'm sold. Who am I kidding, I'd read that with out Wolverine but he would make it that much better.
    Something tells me you'd read a 20-page comic where Wolverine read Playboy while he smoked a cigar and drank Smirnoff as he was sitting on the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Something tells me you'd read a 20-page comic where Wolverine read Playboy while he smoked a cigar and drank Smirnoff as he was sitting on the toilet.
    No, Wolverine drinks Jack Daniels.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Elder Member

Sorry, I was trying to make him more relatable to me so I could be interested in it too.

Sorry, I was trying to make him more relatable to me so I could be interested in it too.
    It would be way to ooc for Logan.

Back on topic, Fury should definitely be in this too. Maybe even Sabretooth and Weapon X.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Elder Member

While I like the idea, it seems WWWAAAYYY left field.

While I like the idea, it seems WWWAAAYYY left field.
    You're probably right, they should just do another mini starring Iron Man after they finish the current mini starring Iron Man.

On a side not, but slightly related topic. I've been this got me wondering why we don't see more period piece comics that tie into present day comics. Avengers 1959 was decent but I can't really think of any others out there, for Marvel anyways.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Elder Member

You're probably right, they should just do another mini starring Iron Man after they finish the current mini starring Iron Man.

On a side not, but slightly related topic. I've been this got me wondering why we don't see more period piece comics that tie into present day comics. Avengers 1959 was decent but I can't really think of any others out there, for Marvel anyways.
    We'll probably get another Thor and Captain America mini with their films. I'm okay with that.

We'll probably get another Thor and Captain America mini with their films. I'm okay with that.
    Do you think they'll do a Wolverine mini when his movie comes out? Maybe a back and forth type thing with him and Jimmy?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Elder Member

Do you think they'll do a Wolverine mini when his movie comes out? Maybe a back and forth type thing with him and Jimmy?
    Seeing how Marvel doesn't own the film rights, I doubt it. Could be cool though.

BANNED

Does he purposely drink really bad whisky? Or does somebody make him drink it?

I think it would be a great way to fill out a little more the past of the Ulrimate Universe......maybe throw in a little Fury and early Parker/Brock collaborations on the creation of Venom project....and the begining of the end of Richard/Mary Parker!
    Last edited by pgtyner; 11-05-2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: mis-spellin
    If we aren't going to do the things we say.....then why say them?

If it was a Cap focused story, I'd be all about it. I'd love a 8 or 12 issue story that spanned the 60 years between WWII and Cap's unfreezing. There's a lot of opportunity to see how Cap deals with all of that. Then again, I've seen Brubaker do that several times, so it would have to be really good.

But just Nuke vs Red Skull? No thanks. I like both characters, but it just seems empty. Then again, it could be awesome.

What you just described was the comic that would win all Eisner awards from here on out (except for, of course, the poor alcohol choice).

Ah... it makes so much sense now - you like Smirnoff. That's going to be something you'll be ashamed of in a few years. Things can only go up from here.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others