View Poll Results: Which suit is best

Voters
127. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Captain Marvel-current

65 51.18%
  • Black Suit

49 38.58%
  • Original Ms. Marvel suit

13 10.24%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    I sorta miss the lightning bolt, but the overall design of the new one is better. It's a lot less overtly sexy, which is nice to see. It makes her look a lot more bad-ass, like someone who should be taken seriously. It actually also has a more militaristic feel, which works for the character on multiple levels.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    But here's what really makes me pick the new costume: it has meaning.

They really tried to make something that was informed by her past, both in returning to the star emblem and going for something a bit more militaristic. (Not that I minded the lightning emblem but... why lightning? What did it mean?)
    I couldn't agree more with these points. The best thing about her current new outfit is that it has meaning. It's a modern classic that, if Marvel are smart, will have her stay with for a long time. I really do think it has the potential to become iconic to her character.
    A lightning bolt on a black swimsuit type outfit is just far too generic, no matter how striking or appealing it can look (I didn't think it was either, mind you). If you're looking to raise a profile and take a character to A leagues, you need to be able to see everything you need to know about that character in their design alone. The starburst symbol (far more unique to her in terms of a brand than a lightning bolt) touches on her past and the legacy of Captain Marvel, the buttoned boots and gloves alone with the double gold stripe motif accents her military past and her "rank" as much as her name itself. And thank God she's Captain Marvel now and not Ms. Marvel, which honestly hampered her legitimacy. Women can be captains too.

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

Even though I voted for the black costume...I think I just might actually prefer the current one as long as artists would draw her hair longer. The new costume has grown on me quite a lot lately.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

I tried but still haven't warmed to the new costume. It's mostly the collar and the mullet I can't get past. The Black costume looked more fierce IMO. Maybe I'd like it more if it were black instead of blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    The new costume is very well done. It's gonna take a little while, but it'll become THE costume for Carol! You also need the right artist to make it look good.
    Nothing wrong with the new costume but I like both. I'm more used to the older black costume and I do like it more.

I think the old costume is iconic and I really like it. I don't think it's as overly sexualized as people think it is. Really, it's just a one piece bathing suit. It's not all Starfire or anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starfire_005.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	104314

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    I tried but still haven't warmed to the new costume. It's mostly the collar and the mullet I can't get past. The Black costume looked more fierce IMO. Maybe I'd like it more if it were black instead of blue?
    Where did you see that? As far as I know the only time she has a mullet is in Avengers Assemble, her solo book has her with long hair (the interiors anyway, the covers are all over the place, especially with McGuinness' completely inaccurate rendition for #1 and 2), pretty much everywhere else she's appeared has her with short/shoulder-length hair

I like all three costumes but her Captain Marvel costume is my favorite.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Some people were asking to see the Captain Marvel suit with black instead of blue, so here it is, from the cover of CM #9

Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Game Show View Post
    Where did you see that? As far as I know the only time she has a mullet is in Avengers Assemble, her solo book has her with long hair (the interiors anyway, the covers are all over the place, especially with McGuinness' completely inaccurate rendition for #1 and 2), pretty much everywhere else she's appeared has her with short/shoulder-length hair
    Yeah, your right. I just looked again, and her hair in the interiors look fine. I just got muddled with all the inconsistent depictions around.

And yes, I think the Captain Marvel suit with black looks MUCH better. Though I still find the old costume more exciting to this. I guess I just don't like my characters covered up too much, male or female. I'm such a perv...

Cheekily modified, but relevant...

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post

Mullet Carol hair is my favorite hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Mullet Carol hair is my favorite hair!

We can no longer be friends.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post

We can no longer be friends.
    I'm sorry, but I think her hair in Avenger Assembled looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think her hair in Avenger Assembled looks great.
    At least it's not at the Songbird level of horrid haircuts.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    At least it's not at the Songbird level of horrid haircuts.
    True, but I think it's a good look for Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post

Cap knows what's up.