View Poll Results: Which suit is best

Voters
127. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Captain Marvel-current

65 51.18%
  • Black Suit

49 38.58%
  • Original Ms. Marvel suit

13 10.24%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Together they can form like Voltron.

Meh, I still love the black costume. Would love it more if it had pants, but w/e.

Her new outfit brings to mind less 'superhero' and more 'marching band'. It's a little too brass-and-buttons for me. I could do with a less militaristic, more dynamic flair, maybe cut away the sleeves below the shoulders, or make the boots thigh-highs. Or something.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    Like both the black costume and the current version, but the current look wins.

The "classic" look is the weakest in my opinion since while I like the top, the bottom confuses me. Why does she have her stomach exposed like that? I'm no prude, but it just feels awkward (the EMH redo is a good update however.

Its that awesome lightning bolt that makes the second version work, along with a well placed red band to give variation from the otherwise mostly black costume. It also compliments the yellow of the bolt (red, black and yellow just work so damn well together)

But the newest look wins big for me.The color balance is exquisite, and the stripes and other minor details are very telling of her military ties. It just fits Carols lifestyle so damn well, certainly a lot better than her black costume did (expressive, but not really personal)

I do wonder what it would look like if the current look had the old looks colors though.

Either way, the new one just works.I hope she keeps that composition and name for a long time.
    That's a very interesting thought.

You know, I never really liked the original, but they pulled it off really well in the latest cartoon.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Agreed! She doesn't need to cover her face. Do you like the Captain Marvel helmet thing she's got going on?
    I love the new costume... except the helmet which I hate. Kinda weird that we've only seen it in the solo title, but that's a good thing

Then I would pick the modified original one with the unexposed midriff ie the EMH one. Then the black suit

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    Together they can form like Voltron.
    Don't play with my emotions....that would be off the chain. Plus Monica would be the Black Lion...lol
    Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

BANNED

Carol's EMH costume was pretty good, nice balance between the two designs. I especially like that they turned the sash into a scarf, too many people running around with sashes these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Carol's EMH costume was pretty good, nice balance between the two designs. I especially like that they turned the sash into a scarf, too many people running around with sashes these days.

Ah, good stuff.
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

I love the black costume but the current one is growing on me. They should've kept her long hair and the Ms. Marvel name though.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

love her new Captain Marvel costume.

i hope she keeps it for a long time.

It's actually based on her original costume

Modified

More recent art the costume, though it's Moonstone in disguise

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    Don't play with my emotions....that would be off the chain. Plus Monica would be the Black Lion...lol
    Hell. Mutha. Truckin. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewman View Post
    I love the black costume but the current one is growing on me. They should've kept her long hair and the Ms. Marvel name though.
    I agree. I'm not so attached to the black leotard, but I prefer it to the current look because I hate that they chopped all her hair off.

Veteran Member

Actually,if you read the first 19 issues of Carol's first series,she did not wear a sash.Carol did wear a scarf.Sometimes it worked at a disadvantage like in issue #6 when Grotesk grabbed the the scarf and swung her around like a rag doll wha...He's grabbing my scarf!Can't concentrate...fight back! By issue #19,Carol was using the Scarf as an improvised sling.Always knew this scarf would come in handy someday.Didn't think it'd be as a sling,though.Issue #20 we see the Dave Cockrum Black leotard outfit with the red sash,which may have been the leftover red scarf.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Game Show View Post
    It's actually based on her original costume

Modified
    One thing I found strange during this time,is when Carol would change into this costume,her hairstyle would change.Civilian Carol had long,straight hair.She would change,and her hair would be shorter, parted down the middle and combed back .I thought her Ms.Marvel hairstyle during this time was hideous!Starting in issue #20,Carol started wearing the save hairstyle she wore as a civilian.

I do like the EMH costume. Sad to see that with the Marvel Heroes MMO they've gone for the ridiculous belly cut-away cheesecake 70s version as her alt outfit.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco