Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cap America vs.

Doom has gone Digital LaughingDoomBot's Avatar

Default Cap America vs.

Civil war is old news, but Cap was very confident that he could beat Iron Man if he had to...heck even in the movie he is confident that he can. However has he ever done so or proven that he is able to ? I mean what is Caps record vs Heavyweights? meaning people above his power set/level
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ryanorosco.jpg

The only time your too late to try to achieve or become anything, is when your dead

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Cap's belief that he could beat Iron Man was either :

a) In the sense that he could beat him in Civil War
    b) That he could beat him up with backup
    c) Extreme overconfidence that would have gotten him killed if Iron Man was trying.

BANNED

Cap punched Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Cap punched Thanos.
    Didn't Thanos pimp-slap him to death? Cap also challenged Korvac back in the day and was killed for his trouble.
    Death is light as a feather,duty heavier than a mountain. - A saying in the Borderlands

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cernunnos View Post
    Didn't Thanos pimp-slap him to death? Cap also challenged Korvac back in the day and was killed for his trouble.
    Still is what Cap does.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Being overconfident in your ability to beat someone to a pulp, regardless of the exact circumstances is a requirement to be a superhero.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingDoomBot View Post
    Civil war is old news, but Cap was very confident that he could beat Iron Man if he had to...heck even in the movie he is confident that he can. However has he ever done so or proven that he is able to ? I mean what is Caps record vs Heavyweights? meaning people above his power set/level
    Well, he's blocked Phoenix Cyclops blast, so there's that!

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Well, there's the time he stood up to Doom and was killed over and over again.

Then there was the time when he was killed over and over again by Korvac.

And when he got handed his rear by Havoc....

Ok, so there's a lot of "Cap is going over his head" moments. That's part of his character. Hell, many of his fights against Red Skull, especially when he has the cosmic cube, are moments like that. Though, those are the times things work out.

However, another time was when he brawled with Kang and won.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

My recollection:

vs. Korvac was a delaying action so a guy like Wonderman could recover. Universe was sort of on the line here. I was kind of surprised to see him dead there rather than just incapacitated based on the on-panel art.
    vs Doom was Cap being the relentless guy who never quits and finds a way. Universe again on the line.
    vs. Thanos. Last man standing. He also knew Surfer was going to make a run at the gauntlet, not sure he was dead after the slap. There were others alive but incapacitated at the battlesite (Wolverine, Doom, Hulk)
    vs Molecule Man, only other person with powers available was Surfer and he had his hands full. Tigra doesn't count.
    vs Red Skull, we all know Skull's hatred of Cap and desire to make him suffer would never allow him to simply kill him outright.
    vs Odin: Someone had to tell the old man off for being a douche about Earth and his son.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingDoomBot View Post
    Civil war is old news, but Cap was very confident that he could beat Iron Man if he had to...heck even in the movie he is confident that he can. However has he ever done so or proven that he is able to ?
    I may get hate for this, but I think Cap could find a way to beat Iron Man. He's a better tactician and is close enough to Tony to be able to play up his weaknesses and use them against him pretty well I think. Especially in regards to Civil War, he could've used a lot of mess with Tony's head, doesn't matter what model suit he has.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I may get hate for this, but I think Cap could find a way to beat Iron Man. He's a better tactician and is close enough to Tony to be able to play up his weaknesses and use them against him pretty well I think. Especially in regards to Civil War, he could've used a lot of mess with Tony's head, doesn't matter what model suit he has.
    I've never actually seen Cap display any impressive strategic or tactical acumen in any marvel event, now admittedly I'm not the most well versed when it comes to Cap (so that really doesn't count), only really read him in the events and the era where Bucky was Cap, but in every event I've seen the guy in he's actually been kind of dumb...... He's got the whole inspiration angle down pat, no doubt about that, but displaying impressive squad level or strategic skill? He seems to prefer just yelling "Avengers Assemble" and start punching his problem.

All Iron Man would really have to do to beat Cap is use the magnets in his suit he used to fight Magneto to take away caps shield then just bombard the area from up above, not much Cap can do in such a situation by himself..... unless he decided to use civilians as human shields which would be completely out of character anyway.
    "I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but shouldn't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem deal with itself?"
    -Unknown

Cap fought Iron Man in Iron Man #228. Iron Man was holding back, but still won easily.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by imperial90 View Post
    I've never actually seen Cap display any impressive strategic or tactical acumen in any marvel event, now admittedly I'm not the most well versed when it comes to Cap (so that really doesn't count), only really read him in the events and the era where Bucky was Cap,
    Then you shouldn't be commenting on something you know nothing about.

All Iron Man would really have to do to beat Cap is use the magnets in his suit he used to fight Magneto to take away caps shield then just bombard the area from up above, not much Cap can do in such a situation by himself..... unless he decided to use civilians as human shields which would be completely out of character anyway.
    Cap's shield is immune to magnetism, as said so by the Master of Magnetism himself in a Cap annual years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Then you shouldn't be commenting on something you know nothing about.

Cap's shield is immune to magnetism, as said so by the Master of Magnetism himself in a Cap annual years ago.
    Have fun explaining this picture, from Super-Villain Team-Up #14, which was published in the same year as that Cap annual:

And then go fix your attitude.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963