Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think character is more important than gender. If you like the character, the way they talk, act and move, gender doesn't matter.
    SHSO: Venusian Iguana Hat[1707] / Lance Mariner[956]
    Signature Hero: Luke Cage
    Crafting: Red Mindless One

play Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2, I don't think they'll be worried you're a bit fruity anymore

It's like saying "You can't play as Mario, 'cause you're not Italian."

I played all 3 Mass Effect games as a female because the quality of the female voice acting was so much higher. If I'd had to play all 3 as dude-bro Shep it would have been torturous.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carmaicol View Post
    I think character is more important than gender. If you like the character, the way they talk, act and move, gender doesn't matter.
    This. Here.

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Lol, i don't think that the "stare at the character's ass" thing is meant to be taken so literally.
    I dunno Hayden has some pretty tight buns.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

I always play as female characters. If it is a game where you have to go through it as good and evil, my evil character is usually a female.

I also like to create video game versions of my wife. It is a running joke in my house. I attempt to make them look as close to my wife as I can. Then my daughter and I usually come up with a name. We usually try to make it some variant of my wife's name, but that sometimes is difficult. My wife then complains that it looks nothing like her although often it does. My Skyrim character looks like my wife beyond the scars I put on her; she fights dragons for crying out loud! Her name is a bit different though. What is funny is my daughter and I came up with a name that I didn't think even existed and then this year I got a student with that very name! Crazy shit.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

I love playing as girls in RPGs.

And then dragging my female party members off to bed for hot lesbian sex.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiles View Post
    Yeah, I've heard that a lot too. I honestly don't know why I like to be females so much, I just do. It's not to check her out or anything.
    Personally it's because I find most video game leading male characters to be so utterly boring. Bulked up generic armoured dude with a big gun? I wonder which game that's from.... (hint, pretty much any of them). So at least a bulked up armoured chick with a big gun would be something different.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiles View Post
    Hi, I just love being female characters in video games, but my family doesn't like it. The way they think is that I'm a guy, so I should be a guy in video games. But really what's the harm in a guy being female characters?

It's getting really annoying having them judge me over this. And it's even more annoying everytime they praise male characters in video games, calling them "cool" and stuff, but why can't a female character be "cool" too? They never give praise to any female characters.
    i've gotten the same thing from some of my friends !
    cause apparently if you choose a female character to play you must be gay or something (according to them) i don't really understand the logic in this at all, i find it kind of a turn on to play hot female characters especially in games like Mass Effect where you can be lesbian.

Either way it's something nice to look at and i have always enjoyed playing female characters ever since Chun Li who i could kick anyone's ass with.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Personally it's because I find most video game leading male characters to be so utterly boring. Bulked up generic armoured dude with a big gun? I wonder which game that's from.... (hint, pretty much any of them). So at least a bulked up armoured chick with a big gun would be something different.
    Breasts make a character interesting?

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I think he's just saying that anything that goes away from the testosterone-jacked army dude that has been around since Doom would be nice.

And having more female protagonists would force a change from that typical archetype, specifically in FPS'.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

What a stupid comment...

Have you even read Agent Dark's message before posting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post

And having more female protagonists would force a change from that typical archetype, specifically in FPS'.
    That seems like the genre where it would have the smallest impact. A lot of FPS characters don't even speak. If one of the soldiers you played as in CoD were female, would you even notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    What a stupid comment...

Have you even read Agent Dark's message before posting ?
    Did you? A female version of a boring character is just as boring. My soldiers in XCOM aren't suddenly more interesting or creative if they're female. It takes more than merely swapping gender/race/sexuality/whatever to make a character interesting or different.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 11-07-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Penis should automatically make it the normal or default choice?

Did you ever play Metroid? I'm talking about the game on the NES back in '86 or Super Metroid on the SNES in '94. Now obviously they have great gameplay which automatically makes them good games (Super Metroid is generally considered to be one of the greatest games ever made) but part of what made them such amazing games is the fact that Samus is 'revealed' to be a woman. I mean here you were controlling what you would 'assume' to be a dude in an armoured suit only to have those pre-conceptions shattered when you realised that it's actually a woman. Alien with Sigourney Weaver and Metroid (which was certainly influenced by Alien) are two things where it wouldn't really have mattered to the story or action/gameplay if the characters were male. But they didn't go with the 'default' option of making the character male and that's one of the best things those two properties ever did.

It's the fact that Samus' gender made literally zero difference to the gameplay or story of those Metroid games. Samus' kicks arse, and she happens to be a chick. It's a reason to say why the hell *aren't* you making female characters and instead defaulting to male characters?
    ಠ_ಠ