Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default My family doesn't approve of me being females in video games

    Hi, I just love being female characters in video games, but my family doesn't like it. The way they think is that I'm a guy, so I should be a guy in video games. But really what's the harm in a guy being female characters?

    It's getting really annoying having them judge me over this. And it's even more annoying everytime they praise male characters in video games, calling them "cool" and stuff, but why can't a female character be "cool" too? They never give praise to any female characters.

  2. #2
    Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    I'm a guy and I like female characters also. Samus and Zelda are still my favorite female video game characters. I have a 12 inch statue of Samus in her Varia suit and Zero suit.

    Pay them no mind. My brothers make fun of me if I watch anime where the characters are mostly girls in it, like Love Hina. IMO, any guy or even girls who make fun of someone for things like that are just insecure of their sexuality.

  3. #3
    I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    Why are they so concerned.I mean are they afraid your gonna get your gender change in real life because you pick female characters?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiles View Post
    Hi, I just love being female characters in video games, but my family doesn't like it. The way they think is that I'm a guy, so I should be a guy in video games. But really what's the harm in a guy being female characters?

    It's getting really annoying having them judge me over this. And it's even more annoying everytime they praise male characters in video games, calling them "cool" and stuff, but why can't a female character be "cool" too? They never give praise to any female characters.
    ur family must be full of straight guys

  5. #5
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,043

    Default

    I dunno, i always play male characters because i'm a guy, i knew guys that played women because they said if they have to stare at someones ass for hours they would prefer a womans ass.

  6. #6
    Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baltimore,MD
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    i knew guys that played women because they said if they have to stare at someones ass for hours they would prefer a womans ass.
    ^ This right here
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

  7. #7
    Call me Vault. vaultofechoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    753

    Default

    notsureifseriousortrolling.jpg

  8. #8

    Default

    If you’re for real, your family have some serious issues with misogyny going on.

    You should just ignore them and do what you want. If your family, or anyone else for that matter, sees female characters as inherently inferior, then that’s their problem. I play as male characters all the time and no one bats an eyelid, hell, I wouldn’t be able to play 90% of the video games I own if I refused to play as male characters. If they're concerned that there's some deeper meaning behind your decission to play as female characters - well, whether there is or there isn't, it's still their issue and not something they should be making a big deal about.
    Last edited by Divine Shark; 11-04-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    SHSO Squad Name: The Punishing Lawyer

  9. #9
    Senior Member Castel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    I always play female characters in MMO, for the exact reason Alex mentioned.

    It's just more pleasant and for some reason female gears tend to look freaking cool in those games.

    But now, when you say your family, who are you talking about exactly ? Your little brothers ? Cause yeah, i can see 10 or 12 years old boys saying stuff like that.

  10. #10
    Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    I completely okay with admitting that for me, it's just like Alex said. I sure don't avoid male character games, but if I HAVE a choice, I usually pick women. In fact I spent quite some time using fighting styles of male characters in Soul Calibur IV with my own female creations and used them.

    Even at that, I still want the game to have all the things that I enjoy about gaming, a female character is just icing on the cake. I think I am going to like the gal that is Leon's partner in RE6 when I get to play more than the demo. I was also giddy to play Ada in RE4 Wii Edition, and Sheva in RE5, yet Leon still remains my favorite RE character.
    Last edited by adam_warlock_2099; 11-05-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    I'm a guy and I like female characters also. Samus and Zelda are still my favorite female video game characters. I have a 12 inch statue of Samus in her Varia suit and Zero suit.
    Awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    Why are they so concerned.I mean are they afraid your gonna get your gender change in real life because you pick female characters?
    Possibly. I have no idea why they think that way.

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I dunno, i always play male characters because i'm a guy, i knew guys that played women because they said if they have to stare at someones ass for hours they would prefer a womans ass.
    Yeah, I've heard that a lot too. I honestly don't know why I like to be females so much, I just do. It's not to check her out or anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    But now, when you say your family, who are you talking about exactly ? Your little brothers ? Cause yeah, i can see 10 or 12 years old boys saying stuff like that.
    My cousins and nephews mostly. I don't have any brothers. But yeah some are around that age and a few older in their teens.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiles View Post
    My cousins and nephews mostly. I don't have any brothers. But yeah some are around that age and a few older in their teens.
    Oh, well that makes a lot more sense. They're probably just going through a 'girls are gross' phase, they should grow out of it, and it's only really an issue if they don't. If they bother you about it, just say something ambiguous like, 'you'll understand when you're older' or 'you're too immature to understand', that'll probably bug the hell out of them.
    SHSO Squad Name: The Punishing Lawyer

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    i knew guys that played women because they said if they have to stare at someones ass for hours they would prefer a womans ass.
    People always say that, but that explanation never made sense to me. I've played a lot of games in my time and I can't say that I've ever spent the entirety of any game with my face pressed up against the screen so I can stare at my character's ass.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 11-05-2012 at 11:08 AM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Castel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    People always say that, but that explanation never made sense to me. I've played a lot of games in my time and I can't say that I've ever spent the entirety of any game with my face pressed up against the screen so I can stare at my character's ass.
    Lol, i don't think that the "stare at the character's ass" thing is meant to be taken so literally.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •