Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sorry bubba. church policy to burn all confidential documents.
    The Church practices openness and transparency, there are no secrets.

To access official Church documents one must first prove there worth. If you cannot survive self immolation it is unlikely you will be able to access the necessary information.

Also our offices are located on the Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Look at her competition.
    Pretty much this. Doesn't even matter the gender. Professor X was shoehorned into being a bit of a bastard so he doesn't fit the mutant Martin Luther King equivalent so much anymore. About the only other X-Man or Woman I can think of that tended to be on the more morally white side of things more often than not was Nightcrawler. And wonder of wonders he's gone too...

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I just reread the very first UXM as it's been years since i'd taken a look at it and realized that back then Jean was all "I move stuff all the time with my mind but sometimes it gets SO BORING" and a lot of her characterization thereafter kind of clicked and made sense. She was nothing but eyerolls and yawns back in the day while the other guys were breaking their backs in the danger room and on missions. "Jean is kind of an asshole" I thought. She has this finite control over her powers and is just going along for a ride in the Westchester countryside at Xavier's expense. Her gaining control over her telepathy only really made her more influential, and didn't help the matter. Things didn't get rough for her until the PF started it's subtle takedown of her psychic defenses. Otherwise, Jean was kind of dicking with people with the whole "I'm such a weak damsel" routine. She was such a drama mama!

The only X-Women that hold a candle to her in the "Paragon of Virtue" dept are possibly Meggan, possibly Storm, and Dazzler- who was always getting one upped by Jean in the comics anyhow.
    "Hey X-Men I'm Dazzler, this is my first appearance in the comic books- wanna see me produce a huge bird made of ligh--- oh, that redhead is already doing it."
    "Hey Dazzler, wanna join X-Factor? we have a position open- oh nevermind, Jean's back. sorry"
    "Hey X-Men, It's Dazzler, I just helped win a revolution in Mojoworld- oh... Jean is doing the same thing in Genosha..."
    "Hey Dazzler it's Jean, why don't you tell me about your dead baby. just kidding. shut up and let's go kill Magneto"
    it's kind of a theme.

Its one of my favorite faucets of Jean Grey and something detractors don't even realize they rant and rave about how boring, and nice or "soft" she is and about how she's perfect and how characters in-comic place her on a pedestal and by the same token thats exactly what they do ignore all her faults and say shes perfect. When in fact JEAN GREY IS A BITCH, she lulls people into a false sense of security all the while she's plotting to upstage or outdo them and I LOVE IT:

She seems like such a helpless little girl doesn't she
    Last edited by celestialbodies; 11-06-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Who would you place as the X-Men's paragon of virtue in her place? Everyone else who qualifies is also dead, and it's a short list.
    Pixie. Do the job for too long and you're bound to cross the line, that's why you need fresh, untainted blood to remind you of how much of an Omega jerk you've been. When you have people like Wolverine do the judging, there's a problem.

Phoenix Fire isn't fire, it's psionic. You can't ignite it with a match or anything like that.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    Phoenix Fire isn't fire, it's psionic. You can't ignite it with a match or anything like that.
    This.

10char
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Phew, didn't want anyone hurting themselves, Jean Grey wouldn't want that.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Phew, didn't want anyone hurting themselves, Jean Grey wouldn't want that.
    She's got a full supply of band-aids and gauze in the folds of her loose-fit bootcuts.

And some Dora band-aids for the NXM.

Spermicide and condoms for meetings with Wolverine are in another pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadnar17 View Post
    Scott betrayed Jean on multiple occasions? When? When exactly did Scott do anything less than everything for Jean -including leaving his wife and two kids!-before Appoc?
    He did almost kill her by insisting she was Phoenix (when that wasn't her but a clone) and that she could hold back his optic blasts with her TK. He held her in front of him, took off his visor and would have killed her if Leech hadn't happened to arrive at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadnar17 View Post
    We have seen how screwed up being implanted with a horseman can make a person; Scott went through a moment of crisis after possession by Apocalypse himself. After he got back Jean had no clue how to deal with it or help him and instead of pressing through the issues she withdrew and started indulging in her midget fantasies. The fact that it was Scott who cheated and not Jean was in no small part due to Wolverine's self-restraint.
    If she had really wanted to f*ck Wolverine, she would have done it in the years everyone thought Scott was dead. And Scott was being a cold jerk to her too. Honestly, I thought they were both OOC and the whole Scott/Jean mess was Morrison puking all over their relationship because he was under orders from Quesada to break them up. YMMV of course.

EDIT: And OMFG I would have been apoplectic if Morrison had used Storm like he was originally planning instead of Emma for the affair. The affair business was already screwed up. What more if it had been her BFF?
    Last edited by jollygoldfish; 11-06-2012 at 01:22 PM.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Spermicide and condoms for meetings with Wolverine are in another pocket.
    Ew. It's like imagining parents having dirty, on the knees, animal sex.

I went back and re-read the issue where jean caught Scott and Emma together. Remember Scott bascially refused to do anything with Emma physically. When Jean walked in Emma was mentally projecting her self to Scott as Jean, and when Jean confronted her Scott looked lost and confused to what was happening. It was almost as if he was already being manipulated by Emma. I just ermembered that. I always wondered if Scott was manipulated easier because of his time with Apcolypse, and Emma too kadvantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    I went back and re-read the issue where jean caught Scott and Emma together. Remember Scott bascially refused to do anything with Emma physically. When Jean walked in Emma was mentally projecting her self to Scott as Jean, and when Jean confronted her Scott looked lost and confused to what was happening. It was almost as if he was already being manipulated by Emma. I just ermembered that. I always wondered if Scott was manipulated easier because of his time with Apcolypse, and Emma too kadvantage of that.
    Emma can be manipulative and Scott was just a big lump of molding putty at the time, but I don't think there was any of that going on. Emma was dressing as Jean before then as part of her "sex counseling" with Scott. The specific incident where Jean caught them Emma was having a moment of neediness and since looking like Jean was what Scott needed at the time to get heated up she didn't mind and accommodated just so they could continue. It was just highly effective role play.