Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drefan21 View Post
    It was a really stupid way to die .
    It was freakin hilarious.

Death-EMP-Wrist-Grab FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It was freakin hilarious.
    Yes , it was . It was also very embarrassing for Jean , especialy after her smug speech . There is no worse way to die than this . Jgg away !

Quote Originally Posted by Drefan21 View Post
    Yes , it was . It was also very embarrassing for Jean , especialy after her smug speech . There is no worse way to die than this . Jgg away !
    Imagine if she had survived. She'd never live this down.

"Jean! Remember that one time you literally gave what's-his-name a helping hand and ended up in a 2-months long coma for your trouble? How funny was that, right?"

Jelly, tbh.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Jelly, tbh.
    Yep, I wish my favorit character would get jgg'd .

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Jelly, tbh.
    Oh, please. Cyclops saved both the Earth and the mutant race by getting CHAOS-PUNCHED TO THE MOON. We sympathize with embarrassing moments.

We're not saying it's cool for her to be dead for so long; we're just saying that Jean going down like that was ridiculously embarrassing.

We'd be saying the exact same thing had it been any other Alpha/Omega powerhouse.

Oh, please. Cyclops saved both the Earth and the mutant race by getting CHAOS-PUNCHED TO THE MOON. We sympathize with embarrassing moments.
    Can't get worse then getting choas punched by Hope .

We're not saying it's cool for her to be dead for so long; we're just saying that Jean going down like that was ridiculously embarrassing.

We'd be saying the exact same thing had it been any other Alpha/Omega powerhouse.
    Ok, you win. The magik karate phoenix blast was pretty dumb.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde

If Cyke had been dead for nine years after the Moon Chaos Punch thing, it'd be one thing. But writers and editors were, and still are, willing to let the most ignominious death ever suffered by a major comic book character stand. Is it any wonder we fans of Jean are bitter and resentful?

A 'boring' character can be injected with personality by a half-decent writer. And there's nothing saying Jean HAS to be with Scott when she comes back. I'd rather she weren't, tbh; their relationship's run its course and they should be separate now. Just...with Jean alive and getting some decent panel time.

Why is this so much to ask?
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama
    Because Jean is a powerful girl that isn't known for sleeping around and isn't an anti-hero and characters with those qualities suck.

Also, she apparently emasculates Cyclops and since the two can't possibly be separate, Jean has to stay dead because the X-Men is Cyclops' story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    A 'boring' character can be injected with personality by a half-decent writer. And there's nothing saying Jean HAS to be with Scott when she comes back. I'd rather she weren't, tbh; their relationship's run its course and they should be separate now.
    Agreed on pretty much all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Just...with Jean alive and getting some decent panel time.

I haven't the faintest idea why she can't be brought back as a single. This might come as a surprise (lolololol), but I"m not Jean's biggest fan. It *pisses me off* that she would literally make out with a third party and then blame her boyfriend for it. I'd expect this garbage from a teenage girl who fancies herself an adult. I believe that's a fair gripe.

Still, she totally qualifies as a hero overall. Good enough for me. Bonus points for being an 05. That, and there are so much worse characters still around and kicking.

Like I said, I haven't the faintest idea.
    Last edited by DarthCyclopsRLZ; 11-05-2012 at 12:02 AM.

BANNED

I haven't the faintest idea why she can't be brought back as a single. This might come as a surprise (lolololol), but I"m not Jean's biggest fan. It *pisses me off* that she would literally make out with a third party and then blame her boyfriend for it. I'd expect this garbage from a teenage girl who fancies herself an adult. I believe that's a fair gripe.
    That's hardly the worst thing that anyone has done in comics though, after ten fucking years you can probably let it go, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    That's hardly the worst thing that anyone has done in comics though, after ten fucking years you can probably let it go, right?
    Pay attention. The point was that DESPITE my dislike for her, I'm totally fine with bringing her back and cannot figure out why someone would be adamantly against it.

BANNED

Pay attention. The point was that DESPITE my dislike for her, I'm totally fine with bringing her back and cannot figure out why someone would be adamantly against it.
    Perhaps because they think that in her absence more spotlight would be devoted to their own favorites whom they naturally find more interesting, which of course in the last decade has SURPRISINGLY not materialized to any significant degree. I mean, I can totally buy the argument that she's no longer relevant to the books and the franchise has moved on without her, but really, has that actually happened? I do find it interesting that after such a long absence and arguably not having been all that important even when she was around, she still casts a huge shadow over everything instead of just being forgotten. Regardless of what people think of her, that has to mean there's something there of value, right?

Perhaps because they think that in her absence more spotlight would be devoted to their own favorites whom they naturally find more interesting, which of course in the last decade has SURPRISINGLY not materialized to any significant degree.
    That would be Emma. She even had her own Wolverine-lite and pretty much blamed Cyclops, lol.

I mean, I can totally buy the argument that she's no longer relevant to the books and the franchise has moved on without her, but really, has that actually happened?
    No, it hasn't. Refer to Wolverine and the X-Men. Jean LITERALLY embodies Wolverine's nostalgia trip. "Insanely ironic" doesn't even begin to cover this.

I do find it interesting that after such a long absence and arguably not having been all that important even when she was around, she still casts a huge shadow over everything instead of just being forgotten. Regardless of what people think of her, that has to mean there's something there of value, right?
    Yep.