Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So WW wants to see a well hung Superman?

It depends. I remember ages ago somebody broke the lasso and WW was in shock. So it depends what version of the lasso are we talking about? The indestructible kind? The one that can stretch indefinitely? Also what about Superman? Is he fully powered? Or powerless. If Superman was powerless than an ordinary rope could kill him. No lasso needed. Also there's the lasso in which the person has to obey Wonder Woman's commands. So if he was powered, she could command him to die and he would die. But he also died during the battle with Doomsday and he came back.

It wont, because the gravity from being dropped from earth isnt strong enough to create enough force to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Also there's the lasso in which the person has to obey Wonder Woman's commands. So if he was powered, she could command him to die and he would die.
    Wouldn't such a command conflict with the inherent 'truth' that he, himself, wants to live? Making someone to base things is one thing but compelling them to kill themselves directly, traditionally, is a difficult (and, in some narratives, impossible) thing to do.

Making him walk into a room full of Kryptonite would be possible (though you'd probably need lead shielding or K-rad suppressors active until he was in the room and then remove the shielding/suppressors), but making him pick up a piece and stab himself with it is highly unlikely.

As an aside:

I wonder if Gog used the lasso on him as one of the ways he killed him in The Kingdom? hmm...

The thread specifies hanging, to me that means gravity and Superman's body weight are the only forces acting on the rope.

Even if the lasso is unbreakable, it's going to be difficult to hang anyone who can fly. You open the trap door or kick the chair out from under them and nothing happens. Even if Superman can't fly for some reason his neck muscles are more than up to supporting the weight of his body so his neck doesn't snap; there have been real people with neck-muscles strong enough that hanging failed to break their neck, I believe one of the people hung for Lincoln's assassination strangled rather than dying cleanly because the drop wasn't sufficient for his neck strength; and Superman should be strong enough that his throat doesn't collapse either so he can still breath.

I'm sitting here picturing the Forsworn Knight from Fables who hung himself while wearing armor. The armor protected his neck from breaking and prevented him from strangling but the weight was too much for him to lift his body up and get the rope off his neck... so eventually he dies of thirst. Given that Superman sometimes seems as if he can more or less survive off of sunlight Wonder Woman would probably want her lasso back long before hanging managed to have any measurable impact on his health.

It could possibly give him a bit of trouble ... but I doubt it would kill him ... then again if Wonder Woman did a Sharon Stone, seduced him, tied him to the bedpost then stabbed him with a Krypontite ice pick ... that would probably do the trick ;)

It depends on the version. If she were to command him to no flight with the golden age lasso then yea. The lasso makes anyone obey the user command

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    It depends on the version. If she were to command him to no flight with the golden age lasso then yea. The lasso makes anyone obey the user command
    Commanding him to not be able to fly doesn't change the fact that, as 'Kizmet' pointed out above, his body is more than able to withstand being hung by the neck.

Diana could certainly command him to not resist her strangling him but, to do so, she would have to restrain him. Studies have shown, for example, that the brain will not allow you to strangle yourself if your hands are free to take action, even when hypnotised....

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Superman dies by the lasso of truth and because of that, he gets reborn as a gladiator.He solo's the Justice League.

Last edited by Wild_Child; 11-08-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Her lasso makes people do what ever she said. For example in the golden age wonder woman was force to break a wall and Also she did stop a plane from flying in midair. As well as make people forget

Also in Dc universe it's state that people can't stop they have to do what she said

It fact Athena and Aphrodite state this and mouse man

Her lasso makes people do what ever she said.
    If you can find one of her getting someone to kill themselves (actively) then (perhaps) I'll change my opinion. As far as I am aware, she has never been able to compel anyone to do anything which directly puts their life at risk - and she wouldn't, either.

Her lasso makes people do what ever she said. For example in the golden age wonder woman was force to break a wall and Also she did stop a plane from flying in midair. As well as make people forget
    So what? In "Death of Superman", you've got a panel with Guardian attempting rescue breathing: "His lungs are like steel tanks all I've got don't even get a rise out of his chest". Superman is practically dead and his muscle strength is still so far above the norm that no one else can get his lungs to move. Ordering him not to fight the lasso or not to fly won't change that his muscle strength is involuntary, his throat won't just collapse because it's told to. Unless you can show that the lasso can force people to obey commands like "Don't breath" or "Have your heart stop beating" aka commands directed at involuntary muscles, hanging is not going to do much.

As for stopping a plane, that goes to the unbreakable part, but hanging only means body weight under the influence of gravity. The fact that the rope is unbreakable doesn't have anything to do with the amount of momentum a person being hung from it would experience.

Superman co-operates fully with being hung. He lets his body drop, he doesn't struggle against the lasso, and still his neck will not break nor will his trachea collapse. He's not going to die he's just going to hang there until someone gets bored with the situation and calls it a day.

Aha!

I've got it!

She can compel him not to resist, then use her invisible plane to fly to the event horizon of a black hole and then toss him out and have the gravitational pull of the black hole exert its influence.

(she won't just toss him into the hole because, after the lasso is removed, he would revert to survival mode and would probably escape - and you don't want an evil Superman coming after you after you've just tried to toss him into a black hole...)