Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with a project on comic purchasing

I'm working on a short presentation where I have to survey a community of readers about their purchasing habits, and decided to look into the reasons why comic book readers might pick Marvel/DC books over creator-owned. If you all could help me out and spend one minute answering a few poll questions on the link below, it would be a huge help. Thanks!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TG5PNYP

I don't think I read five ongoing monthly comics. I read zero from Marvel or DC. So the survey was pretty much impossible to complete.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    I don't think I read five ongoing monthly comics. I read zero from Marvel or DC. So the survey was pretty much impossible to complete.
    I guess I should have said its for new comic buyers. Either way, that shouldn't affect the 3-4 questions I'm really interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by jagoessling View Post
    I guess I should have said its for new comic buyers. Either way, that shouldn't affect the 3-4 questions I'm really interested in.
    Oh I read new comics. Many of them are bimonthly, quarterly, annually, or under no set schedule though. Walking Dead might be the only monthly comic I read.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

I was able to come up with 5 monthlies, but just barely. Most of the comics I read these days don't follow a monthly schedule, and I read my comics in TPBs these days anyway. And then of course there are the comics that are supposed to be following monthly schedules, but don't, for whatever reason.

Even not counting trades, I was fine. I have way more than 5 monthlies I'll buy as long as they're being published.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

done

msg too short blah blah
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah man

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Even not counting trades, I was fine. I have way more than 5 monthlies I'll buy as long as they're being published.
    I'm in the same boat.

Don't worry about having to be too honest, I'm basically looking at breakdowns between DC/Marvel and other, and within DC/Marvel looking at movie franchise-based characters/groups (Batman, X-Men, etc) vs more marginal characters/groups (Animal Man, UCXF). Thanks to all who respond, I'm getting close to the # I need.

I just voted in your poll too.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Done it, hope it helps!
    'Before all hell breaks loose. Before the Hangman's noose. As the sun goes down, I'll say it's a good day to die'.

Thanks everyone! I'm processing the results right now.

If anyone wants to help provide a quote for two questions I forgot to include: 1) What do you enjoy about going to your local comic shop? 2) What are your feelings towards digital comics?

I'm trying to throw in a little bit about LCSs and the future of comic sales.

Done. There should be a under 18 option though.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Done. There should be a under 18 option though.
    Yeah--I originally wanted to only talk about adult fans and then changed my mind. Forgot to go back and change it.

Quote Originally Posted by jagoessling View Post
    Yeah--I originally wanted to only talk about adult fans and then changed my mind. Forgot to go back and change it.
    Not a problem ;)
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”