Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should I get back Into ultimate???

I dropped all 3 titles right before divided we fall started cause of money but I've been thinking of catching back up, is it worth it? Or should I just stick with the new Now books?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I dropped all 3 titles right before divided we fall started cause of money but I've been thinking of catching back up, is it worth it? Or should I just stick with the new Now books?
    Hello again, Phelpzy. I'd say: Definetly.

I'd say at least check out UC: X-Men. Brian Wood has written some incredible, sensational, LIBERATING stuff with it so far. Many fans believe it to be Marvel's best mutant book, and by a fair stretch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post

I'd say at least check out UC: X-Men. Brian Wood has written some incredible, sensational, LIBERATING stuff with it so far. Many fans believe it to be Marvel's best mutant book, and by a fair stretch too.
    I wanna check it all out, I've always been a ultimate fan since ult spider 1 way back when, to catc up right now on everything is 60 bucks on comixology :/,

Ultimate X-Men is amazing fact.

Ultimates has been okay as of late. But it is, what it is, and the upcoming story arc looks fun.

Ultimate Spider-Man #16.1 is amazing. And I have found USM fun from its start to the current issues. So if you have enjoyed the current volume its still as good as its been, so if you've liked all the issues thus far, then jump back on. But if you have not liked this current volume at all, you most likely won't still like it.

Anyway I say if you can only pick one of the three books go for Ultimate X-Men as I've said above its amazing. I myself love the art and the writing is great. If you can, I say pick up Ultimate Spider-Man again. Starting with #16.1 and maybe jump on, on next issue again.

If you are willing to wait I know Marvel is releasing the complete DWF, UWS in a single hard cover which has
    Ultimate Comics X-Men 13-18, Ultimate Comics Ultimates 13-18, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (2011) 13-17

Amazon has it for $22.60 which is cheaper than if you go through comixolgie or ebay.
    Here is the link; http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Comic...nited+we+stand
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

BANNED

^ And it comes out 6th February.

I wanna check it all out, I've always been a ultimate fan since ult spider 1 way back when, to catc up right now on everything is 60 bucks on comixology :/
    60 bucks?! That's like 45 quid! That's cheap as chips.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-05-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Ultimates is....well, there's room for improvement. And I think that's going to happen. But it's worth a look. Ultimate comic X Men is the best X book around, even if it does have bloody Iceman front and centre! I don't read Spiderman so I can't comment on that, but the other two are worth picking up.

Yes.

I just got back into them myself with Divided We Fall and have enjoyed them very much. I also went back and got quite a bit of the back issues following Ultimatum and have really gotten back into the UU.

It's funny I got back into the Ultimate titles because I wanted to cut my spending cost and figured it was 3 (4 when they run things like Ultimate Comics Iron Man) titles that fit together in a nice package.

I also am returning to ultimate comics. I stopped reading at the end of of the original ultimate spidey. Just picked up ultimatium, still have to pick up the death of spiderman and the new black guy. Forgot how much I enjoyed Ultimate Spiderman till I started rereading the old series.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Caliber View Post
    Yes.

I just got back into them myself with Divided We Fall and have enjoyed them very much. I also went back and got quite a bit of the back issues following Ultimatum and have really gotten back into the UU.

It's funny I got back into the Ultimate titles because I wanted to cut my spending cost and figured it was 3 (4 when they run things like Ultimate Comics Iron Man) titles that fit together in a nice package.
    That's why I debating getting back into it or not, my fiancé says I can only get 3 books, and these would be them, and my Now pull list is giant

That's why I debating getting back into it or not, my fiancé says I can only get 3 books, and these would be them, and my Now pull list is giant
    If money's a concern, don't sweat it; everything here is being collected in nice hardcovers and TPBs, and they're not gonna disappear overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post

Absolutely - Wood's X universe is miles better than the 616 U these days. Ultimates is....hit and miss, but I think it has potential. Limiting the cast to just 3 is a bit of a mistake. I don't read Spiderman so I can't say anything on that.

Thanks, ill think about getting back into it

You'll get a wide range of opinions on this message board. Most who post in the Ultimate board will tell you Ultimate is awesome so you're going to get a very bias answer. At the end of the day, I recommend you just get a couple issues and if you like them go ahead and pick up the trades.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Personally, I've always found the ultimate line to be hit or miss. I feel like it really stumbled through ultimatum, and hasn't quite been able to get it's act together since. USM was the highlight for me, and I'm actually looking to get back into it, but I feel like getting into the whole thing as a line ends up being too costly for too little quality.

Honestly, Ultimatum put such a bad taste in mouth, I still taste crap nuggets when I pick up an Ultimate book. I would probably would pick up all three, if they went down to 2.99. Marvel seems to have put the whole line on the back burner.This is definitely no longer the gold standard.