View Poll Results: Who's gonna get Bendis'd

Voters
108. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Cyclops

11 10.19%
  • Angel

7 6.48%
  • Storm

8 7.41%
  • Colossus

2 1.85%
  • Kitty

2 1.85%
  • Rachel

9 8.33%
  • Rogue

3 2.78%
  • Psylocke

4 3.70%
  • Dazzler

5 4.63%
  • Magneto

8 7.41%
  • Emma

15 13.89%
  • Northstar

8 7.41%
  • Pixie

5 4.63%
  • Magik

2 1.85%
  • Other

19 17.59%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

^ That image is utterly sad. Only to be rivaled by Storm's K.O. during Sisterhood.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

I agree with what Dr Sonic said earlier. One of the Angels or young Iceman would be my pick from the redundant set.

BANNED

Emma is too obvious. Probably Magneto. I doubt he can touch Aaron's core cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Time Travel 101 dictates that the death of a younger or past version of oneself means the logical end of the older or present version's existence as well. So they cannot kill a younger Scott and have older Scott avenge his death or whatever. Ditto for Younger Beast, Angel and Iceman. I'm all for the older Beast, Angel and Bobby massacre though!
    The AoA universe begs to differ. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotm View Post
    Do we really need to suffer another death. I'm still getting over Nightcrawler.
    Agree, enough with the character death. Besides, he just killed Xavier to personify the permanent death of the dream, or at least its assimilation by the Avengers.

I'm guessing Beast will be (further) immersed in screwing things up to try and make them better, jail-bait Jean will be obsessed over, teen Iceman will be utterly useless and dull much like older Iceman, but I predict Bendis using Storm as someone to really mess with if he can get away with it. You know, just based on his thing for witches -- Scarlet or Weather, doesn't matter. :P Yes, I'm at least half-way joking.

Seriously though, she's a strong woman and has been written as a fairly passionate character, so easy to muck with, especially if it, in turn, impacts Wolverine's love life.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    Emma is too obvious. Probably Magneto. I doubt he can touch Aaron's core cast.
    I'm thinking after the next crossover or the one after that, he'll be writing Aaron's cast. UXM and ANXM written by Bendis will mostly make the book look irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, kind of like Secret Avengers, or Mighty Avengers during Dark Reign; heck, UXM already is to some extent written by Gillen.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Magneto, Emma, and Teen Scott are the most likely choices.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

Question

How is there not more votes for Northstar

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

With Jeen back, and if Emma isn't with Scott then I could see her as the one with a target on her back. Though at first she'll probably be used to cause drama that'll eventually wear thin and then we'll get to the actual interesting development which would be Jeen joining Scott's Extinction Team certainly moreso than if Em's did.

And just to be clear I DO NOT WANT JEEN AND SCOTT TOGETHER, TOGETHER, but them working together would cause all kinds of delicious awesome.

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    With Jeen back, and if Emma isn't with Scott then I could see her as the one with a target on her back. Though at first she'll probably be used to cause drama that'll eventually wear thin and then we'll get to the actual interesting development which would be Jeen joining Scott's Extinction Team certainly moreso than if Em's did.

And just to be clear I DO NOT WANT JEEN AND SCOTT TOGETHER, TOGETHER, but them working together would cause all kinds of delicious awesome.

Bendis was talking about her being repulsed by who Cyclops becomes

I'm bettin on Xorneto:
    Marvel.com: Magneto has been with the X-Men for a while now. Has he truly reformed, and what does he now think of his past clashes with the X-Men?
    Magneto

Brian Michael Bendis: What you are going to see with Magneto is a very specific new chapter in his life. At the last Marvel [creative summit] we were talking about the fact that we often break our heroes but never do much to our villains. We would put the Fantastic Four through the ringer but Doctor Doom is always Doctor Doom. I gave that conversation a lot of thought.

What happens in the pages of UNCANNY X-MEN will establish a very bold, new chapter for Magneto.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    [CENTER][SIZE=5]We all know it's coming, he pretty much proved his point over the last eight years that he can't write a compelling "storyline" without someone important to the franchise dying or being irreparable for the remainder of his run so let the speculation begin.
    Morrison destroyed Genosha and New York, turned Magneto into Hitler, killed Jean and a few C-listers who had followings, and is widely regarded as the best thing to happen to X-men since Chris Claremont. He's guilty of everything that you're already angry with Brendis about, even though Baldy hasn't even done anything yet.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Morrison destroyed Genosha and New York, turned Magneto into Hitler, killed Jean and a few C-listers who had followings, and is widely regarded as the best thing to happen to X-men since Chris Claremont.
    Bendis is no Morrison.

But I would like to see some new concepts introduced to the franchise, infusing some new themes, establishing some trippy locations and not playing it safe by recycling CC#325 plot point.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Bendis is no Morrison.

But I would like to see some new concepts introduced to the franchise, infusing some new themes, establishing some trippy locations and not playing it safe by recycling CC#325 plot point.
    Speaking as someone who loves Powers and Ultimate Spider-man, and enjoyed the first half of his Avengers run, I can live with Bendis not being Morrison. He's good at character-driven pieces.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

no no no, not Emma. Those new mutants need a tutor and she will take the role.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.