Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Cassie Lang
    I really hope she makes it to the big screen.

Currently Jan doesn't really have her own supporting cast or villains. I don't think she could support a solo movie. I purpose two things to change that.

1) Marvel task one of their better writers with developping a Wasp ongoing (or possibly a Wasp lead team) to build up Jans personal rogues gallery and supporting cast

2) She gets a small but flavourful role in Avengers 2

That way someone can use the ideas in her ongoing as a springboard to make her own movie

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I figure his @#$% ex-wife and her a-hole new husband as antagonists, also if we want detail.

Lang is a guy trying to do right by his kid.

Ao you either make his ex unsympathetic as possible for conflict's sake, or she is sympathetic
    there is a chance of Scott winning her back.

If you want a romantic angle, that is.
    i wish we had more details to go by about the plot. if Lang's even in it, i suspect that we won't see much of his very limited supporting cast i.e. his sister Ruth, her husband Carl, and his ex-wife. but Cassie would most certainly have to be around. i think they kind of blew their opportunity to flesh out the ex-wife, in the books. an interesting wrinkle could have been both of them being criminals; with Scott taking the fall. it still doesn't make much sense for Peggy to give full custody to him after he was arrested. Cassie's primary caregivers were Scott and his sister Ruth. they never quite explained where Peggy went.
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 11-06-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Propagandor View Post
    Currently Jan doesn't really have her own supporting cast or villains. I don't think she could support a solo movie. I purpose two things to change that.

1) Marvel task one of their better writers with developping a Wasp ongoing (or possibly a Wasp lead team) to build up Jans personal rogues gallery and supporting cast

2) She gets a small but flavourful role in Avengers 2

That way someone can use the ideas in her ongoing as a springboard to make her own movie
    Jan has her mostly unseen society friends. i always thought that they should have kept Sterling Stuyvesant around. Jan attended a couple of his parties. he looks like he could have been fun. Tales To Astonish #56 for those interested. she could also have a sassy limo driver who isn't Whirlwind.

It might be helpful to pitch what kind of things people would like Jan to be doing in her own adventures?

Wealthy socialite grows a conscience sounds a bit too like Tony Stark to me

Still think her villains won't be a problem. I mean in a movie Whirlwind would most likely NOT be her main villain. He could be her chaffeur like (as she'd be some rich girl...possibly with a fashion line) that would be obssessed with her by the time Avengers 3 rolls around. Plant the seeds only for movie 1 as she wouldn't be that great with her abilities. Her main antagonist would have to be stolen of course and I see Gypsy Moth making an entrance there. After whatever diabolical scheme Skein would lose with they can show Baron Zemo being behind the scenes against the Avengers and making his own team with Whirlwind and Skein being members.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Still think her villains won't be a problem. I mean in a movie Whirlwind would most likely NOT be her main villain. He could be her chaffeur like (as she'd be some rich girl...possibly with a fashion line) that would be obssessed with her by the time Avengers 3 rolls around. Plant the seeds only for movie 1 as she wouldn't be that great with her abilities. Her main antagonist would have to be stolen of course and I see Gypsy Moth making an entrance there. After whatever diabolical scheme Skein would lose with they can show Baron Zemo being behind the scenes against the Avengers and making his own team with Whirlwind and Skein being members.
    that sounds potentially worse than Halle Berry's Catwoman; no offense.

It might be helpful to pitch what kind of things people would like Jan to be doing in her own adventures?

it's nothing like Tony Stark. Stark's a target because of his celebrity. i think Jan's adventures should be more in the vein of detective crimefighter. it would just be several levels above street crime since her area of the world would be composed of the wealthy. she'd be Marvel's answer to the Green Hornet. at any rate, her roots are in detective work. her being inquisitive and resourceful are her dominant traits. no reason to shy away from that. i think she should poach Kasmir Venemma for her rogues gallery. bring back Alkhema with a stepford wives twist; having her masquerade around as a human to do her evil, replacing some high profile trophy wives with a.i. dupes. and, as infernohara mentioned; Gypsy Moth.

that sounds potentially worse than Halle Berry's Catwoman; no offense.
    LOL, I just needed to get feedback on whether or not Gypsy moth would be a good villain for Janet.

BANNED

LOL, I just needed to get feedback on whether or not Gypsy moth would be a good villain for Janet.
    HA HA, no.

could be if they took her seriously. i'd avoid the comic booky orange moth costume. she's simply not that conservative. she should switch up her looks as often as Janet (or lady gaga). and they should always be attention-getting or strange. give her some followers, as well; even if they only follow her on twitter.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Well, the superpowered "America's Sweetheart" angle is one which hasn't been explored yet. In the movies, Jan could be to Paris Hilton what Emma Stone is to Lindsay Lohan, a young woman who is actually a well settled altruist and makes good use of her wealth, and is beloved for that very reason, unlike her spoiled peers. And that trait of hers is amped up when she gets powered up. In a way, she would be a mix of the idealistic Steve Rogers and the flamboyant Tony Stark, all wrapped up in the body of a hot young lady. I fail to see how this will not work.

I think they should go big on the villains. Have Whirlwind there definitely but as a side villain, because EMH showed us that Wasp vs. Whirlwind can be loads of fun! But I feel they should use the Wasp movie to set the stage for the Kree/Skrull War, if (hopefully), that's where they are heading for Avengers 3. Have Skrulls infiltrate her social, affluent circles and pose as influential members of society. And it is up to her with help from SHIELD to track down these imposters, leading to an epic battle between her and the Skrull infiltrators, led by Veranke perhaps? I really like the sound of that. They could have Veranke escape at the end or reveal that she was under the command of even higher authorities of the Skrull army, who would then be worked into the underlying Kree/Skrull conflict of the rest of the Phase 3 movies.

no douchier than pitting characters who only have size changing in common. but feel free to play the vag card; as intellectually dishonest as it is.
    Intellectually dishonest for what, calling out an attempt to make a discussion stick to the sexist status quo of "Super Chick A vs. Super Chick B" instead of thinking over what is actually suggested in the thread title? Nobody's forcing you to post your opinion by bashing me if you do not want to pit Wasp against the holders of the "Ant-Man" title. But to do so and then to suggest that a better way to go about the topic is by having Jan compete with Sif (not Valkyrie, FYI) and Red She-Hulk for no reason other than that they are all broads and are supposed to be targeted at broads, is going out of your way (x2) to be a huge dick.

And the size change power makes for a valid comparison by itself, even though here it is just one of many factors I considered for comparing the two- like almost equal public visibility and appearances in other media, individual personalities, personal appeal, who would have a larger pull on greater demographics et cetera.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Still hasn't explained how. A character can't explode and still be alive.
    If you'd have been paying attention, it was pretty much already done years ago... Underspace.

And in the Marvel Universe, exploding is one of the most common ways to survive death. Everybody knows that. Explosions typically rupture the already fragile space of the Marvel Universe, causing a rift to another universe or through time... or both.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier