Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    whirlwind is more like janet's stalker. she should be more worried about him slipping her drugs in her drink than anything.
    Yeah, not sure he's a villain that can carry a film.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    But comics are all about being violent and men's doing manly things! Only girls are advertised to girls, and girls don't buy comics!)
    (You know that's what Marvel thinks)
    Girls don't buy comics in general,Comics buyer are predominate white males from like 10 to 32.More specifically they are going after 16 to 25 demographic mostly ,I know your tone was sarcastic but you general on point and are in denial about it in sense. If you need some numbers then after 52 they did some polls and 93% of comic readers were male and 7% percent was female.

So yes comics plays to male stuff because comics are most read by men and boys

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Girls don't buy comics in general,Comics buyer are predominate white males from like 10 to 32.More specifically they are going after 16 to 25 demographic mostly ,I know your tone was sarcastic but you general on point and are in denial about it in sense. If you need some numbers then after 52 they did some polls and 93% of comic readers were male and 7% percent was female.

So yes comics plays to male stuff because comics are most read by men and boys
    Honestly? I think the female fanbase is growing.

BANNED

the answer to the OP is NO.

Honestly? I think the female fanbase is growing.
    You think whatever you want,The number 7% is down from 8% the previous number.I am not pulling numbers from a feeling this fact from a poll

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...rship-93-male/

Females might have going up in video games and some other stuff,Main stream comics aka superhero comics is a male centric hobby.As long main stream comics is super hero genre it it will be male heavy experience,The genre without some drastic change the superhero genre is build to turn off females the silly nature of stories and costumes and our culture treating comics as kid books is double whammy that turn off most female

BANNED

You think whatever you want,The number 7% is down from 8% the previous number.I am not pulling numbers from a feeling this fact from a poll

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...rship-93-male/

Females might have going up in video games and some other stuff,Main stream comics aka superhero comics is a male centric hobby.As long main stream comics is super hero genre it it will be male heavy experience,The genre without some drastic change the superhero genre is build to turn off females the silly nature of stories and costumes and our culture treating comics as kid books is double whammy that turn off most female
    I don't know though. It could be growing. I mean, look at Tumblr.

I don't know though. It could be growing. I mean, look at Tumblr.
    I'm still convinced that tumblr is the same 25 people posting stuff over and over again
    Hawkeye, X-Men Legacy, FF, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Manhattan Projects, Fatale, East of West, Bedlam, Saga, Bandette, Nowhere Men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    I'm still convinced that tumblr is the same 25 people posting stuff over and over again
    I don't know, look at the reblogs and stuff.
    Maybe they just aren't buying comics and are pirating them.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

No. Wasp doesn't exist without Henry Pym. And really, what's her appeal- "Oh, she's married to a genius that gave her powers". Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Hmm, true. But he could just as easily kill Scarlet Witch and/or Havoc over Rogue.
    Havok is the author's pet and self-insertion character. No way he dies. Wanda is going obviously through a redemption arc, since editorial doesn't seem to understand people will never really get over it. He can't kill Wolverine, Cap and Thor. Rogue it is.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No. Wasp doesn't exist without Henry Pym. And really, what's her appeal- "Oh, she's married to a genius that gave her powers". Nice.

Havok is the author's pet and self-insertion character. No way he dies. Wanda is going obviously through a redemption arc, since editorial doesn't seem to understand people will never really get over it. He can't kill Wolverine, Cap and Thor. Rogue it is.
    I'm dead serious. Next Event or whatever big arc he does, Rogue will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Wasp's main appeal has always been that she brings spunk/passion and heart, despite having what would seem to be a lame power plus tiny blasting abilities. I do agree, she really should be introduced without Hank Pym but as a current character with her Marvel history and background, there is no doubt that she could stand on her own.

I'm dead serious. Next Event or whatever big arc he does, Rogue will die.
    Also Remender has never killed a major character the closest he has come is Antman,Apocalypse and Angel but of characters exist today in a slight update form,Even Fantomex the third biggest kill exists as Eva who looks to have taken on Fantomex form in the new solicits for X-force. Remender is master at killing C and D characters or alternate reality versions of A list characters.Your paranoia does not even fit in this case.If you guys actually read Remender books he does not kill for fun or shock every kill of semi important character has had a purpose.

If you need explain of why Rogue won't die,Her describe role is the Wolverine role in the book

Also Remender has never killed a major character the closest he has come is Antman,Apocalypse and Angel but of characters exist today in a slight update form,Even Fantomex the third biggest kill exists as Eva who looks to have taken on Fantomex form in the new solicits for X-force. Remender is master at killing C and D characters or alternate reality versions of A list characters.Your paranoia does not even fit in this case.If you guys actually read Remender books he does not kill for fun or shock every kill of semi important character has had a purpose.

If you need explain of why Rogue won't die,Her describe role is the Wolverine role in the book
    This. I don't understand the "Remender kills older established heroes" meme
    Hawkeye, X-Men Legacy, FF, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Manhattan Projects, Fatale, East of West, Bedlam, Saga, Bandette, Nowhere Men

BANNED

Doesn't mean she won't die down the line. She has the least amount of plot going for her in the book. Wanda has redemption arc, Havok has leader arc, the other three are in multiple books, what does Rogue have?! She's the clear death! And Remender is big leagues! Rogue is popular, but not UBER popular that she can't be killed without fandoms dying! She's the same as Nightcrawler!

@OP: I don't really thing she could, simply because she's got the wrong personality and powerset. She's too happy-go-lucky for most of the modern audience, and her powers, while amazingly useful, are not appealing to most readers.

Way back at the beginning, somebody mentioned that Wasp should be able to grow in size, and I support that. You could even tie it to her energy plasts -- when small she gets lasers, when large that energy is re-routed to maintaining her size.