Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    She's one of six handpicked characters starring in the flagship title. Also, after Jean's death, I doubt Marvel would kill off its most prominent white female superhero, or have her go evil like they would allow for say, an Emma Frost.
    You put too much faith in Remender not killing. (Who kills often).

She could have her personal life and supporting characters balanced with the Avengers stuff. She could be the first superhero guided/trained/co-ordinated/whatever by SHIELD from close to the get go in the films, similar to Peter in the USM cartoon.
    Thing is, what is Wasp's character theme and atmosphere?
    Iron Man has Progress and technology.
    Spider-Man is responsibility and science gone wild.
    Cap is leadership and has villains based on political themes.
    Thor is power and has Asgard.

What's Wasp's theme?

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You put too much faith in Remender not killing. (Who kills often).
    Hmm, true. But he could just as easily kill Scarlet Witch and/or Havoc over Rogue.

Thing is, what is Wasp's character theme and atmosphere?
    Iron Man has Progress and technology.
    Spider-Man is responsibility and science gone wild.
    Cap is leadership and has villains based on political themes.
    Thor is power and has Asgard.

What's Wasp's theme?
    Empowerment(duh!) along with glamour and humanitarianism going hand in hand with science gone wild.
    Last edited by Confuzzled Mutie; 11-04-2012 at 01:29 PM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

What's Wasp's theme?
    She's the superheroic fashionista! And that alone should get her lots of fans.

Seriously, I think Wasp has the potential to be a huge superhero character. She's got the Tink visual. Tink Sass. She can be quite tough.

It's easy to push Jan above Hank. Just make her powers innate. Hank didn't invent Pym Particles. He just discovered them... maybe by studying her.

And Wolverine is going to be the one that dies in Uncanny Avengers. But Jean Grey kicks him back to Earth after he tries to molest her in the White Hot Bedroom.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 11-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Rogue and Storm are already featured heavily in Marvel NOW! and can't have solo movies as Fox holds the rights to them, not Marvel Studios.
    But neither Storm or Rogue are in solos. And movie rights have nothing to do with my choices.

As S/D said, the other girls may be featured in the new "Fearless" title. Plus, none of them have the relatively high profile or public friendly/ broad demographic appealing personality of Wasp, to account for solo movies over her. And all you need to do is tweak Jan's skill set a bit and you are all ready for an efficient female lead!
    I would say Rogue, Storm and Black Widow have higher profiles than Jan does at this time, and would require less tweaking.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Confuzzled Mutie;16108085]
    Hmm, true. But he could just as easily kill Scarlet Witch and/or Havoc over Rogue.
    Do you honestly think they brought the Scarlet Witch back from Children's Crusade and making her important in AvX just to kill her?

Empowerment(duh!) along with glamour and humanitarianism going hand in hand with science gone wild.
    Who are her villains?
    How will this theme be reflected?
    What will you do differently to make the movie stand out?

It's easy to say "Make a Wasp movie and make it good." But doing that? Much harder.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

What is Wasp gonna do?

The only premise that I can think of for her: Wealthy Socialite travels the world solving
    mysteries/crimebusting, works just as well for Black Widow as it does for her.
    I remember when I was a teenager in the early 1980's,there was a TV series on ABC called Hart to Hart.Robert Wagner and Stephenie Powers.He was a self made millionare,she was an investagative journalist.They were always stubling into mysteries...

Then there was a TV show on from the mid 1980's until the mid 1990's on CBS about a retired school teacher who wrote mystery novels and always seemed to solve a murder case the cops couldn't.It was called Murder,she wrote.

Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Songbird/Diamondback;16108284]

Do you honestly think they brought the Scarlet Witch back from Children's Crusade and making her important in AvX just to kill her?

Who are her villains?

It's easy to say "Make a Wasp movie and make it good." But doing that? Much harder.
    Who are her villians?Whirlwind for one...

Depends on which Wasp they use.

616 fastionesta that grows up....... 50/50
    Ultimate Mutant door mat .....nope
    EMH yes
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    She's the superheroic fashionista! And that alone should get her lots of fans.

Seriously, I think Wasp has the potential to be a huge superhero character. She's got the Tink visual. Tink Sass. She can be quite tough.

It's easy to push Jan above Hank. Just make her powers innate. Hank didn't invent Pym Particles. He just discovered them... maybe by studying her.

And Wolverine is going to be the one that dies in Uncanny Avengers. But Jean Grey kicks him back to Earth after he tries to molest her in the White Hot Bedroom.
    Your first sentence alone is why I think Wasp would be more marketable than Ant-man and possibly one of Marvel's top selling females. I really can't think of any other female superheroes that actually want to look good while fighting crime. Thats a rarity in a world where all women have to be edgy and badass. Wasp is a fun lady and her powerset is pretty unique. I say they should give her a shot in comics before a movie, but I'd take either.

BANNED

[QUOTE=mikeb;16108540]
    Who are her villians?Whirlwind for one...
    Whirlwind isn't exactly a character that could carry a movie.

Depends on which Wasp they use.

616 fastionesta that grows up....... 50/50
    Ultimate Mutant door mat .....nope
    EMH yes
    Marvel Adventures Giant Girl is the best though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Your first sentence alone is why I think Wasp would be more marketable than Ant-man and possibly one of Marvel's top selling females. I really can't think of any other female superheroes that actually want to look good while fighting crime. Thats a rarity in a world where all women have to be edgy and badass. Wasp is a fun lady and her powerset is pretty unique. I say they should give her a shot in comics before a movie, but I'd take either.
    But comics are all about being violent and men's doing manly things! Only girls are advertised to girls, and girls don't buy comics!)
    (You know that's what Marvel thinks)

[QUOTE=Songbird/Diamondback;16108284]

Who are her villains?

Wouldn't be the first time they did something like that. Case and point Xavier.

BANNED

[QUOTE=MASTER-OF-SUPRISE;16108700]

Wouldn't be the first time they did something like that. Case and point Xavier.
    Except nobody really was using Xavier.
    Wanda though is popular. (I said it, Xavier wasn't popular)

BANNED

whirlwind is more like janet's stalker. she should be more worried about him slipping her drugs in her drink than anything.

Mary Jane Watson (model) just opened up a club. That makes her Janet's number 1 villain.