Default OT: LCS 50 cent Comic Book Day- My pull list

Hey guys,

My Local Comic Shop had a 50 cent Comic Book day yesterday. It was a nice turnout, I even overheard some guys next to me that made a 4 hour trip out to make it to my local community for this sale. My favorite part of the day is when the dude on the other aisle, who was there since the morning when it started, threw his hands up in the air and mumbles "..I...I can't take it anymore.." and walked out the door, lmao.

I was going to research and make a list on what to look for regarding Superman and people's favorite back-issue's and what not, but I decided to just go in with an open mind and snatch up some comics going by instinct of finding something cool.

Nothing spectacular whatsoever, but I like hearing feedback from other hardcore Supes fans like yourselves. Any comment would do, whether I picked up a favorite issue of yours or just a .2cents kind of thing.

Enjoy!

My pull list:

WIZARD MAGAZINE: Superman Tribute Edition- First Edition

World's Finest Comics Starring: Superman & Batman #302 (reprint) The Superman & Batman Split!

Superman Presents: The Phantom Zone- The Haunting of Charlie Kweskill!

The Fastest Man Alive! FLASH: Guest Starring Superman- It's a Race Against Time! Jimmy Olsen's life at stake

Superman III: The Official Adaption of the movie!

A DC Movie Special: Superman IV: The Quest For Peace

Batman & The Outsiders: Who's afraid of the BIG RED?

Eclipso: Adventures of Superman: Lobo vs the Eclipsed Man of Steel

Superman: Man of Steel. Lobo Strikes again and again! "First ever do-it-yourself-comic cover

Superman: The Man of Steel #112- "A Man's Best Friend"

Lobo Special #1: The Paramilitary Christmas Special

The World of Smallville: Issue's 1-4 by John Byrne

The World of Krypton issue's 1-4 by John Byrne.

Man of Steel #3: Face to Face with the Dark Knight! (Needed single issue for series)

20 comics for only $10.00. Nice pull list? Average? Good for that price? This will keep me busy for a little while!
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 11-04-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Some nice stuff you got there.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Not bad. To be honest, you could have skipped the Wizard special and movie books. The "World of..." books are pretty good, though. (There's one for Metropolis, too.) Too bad you couldn't get the entire "Phantom Zone" miniseries. I just bought it on a recommendation from some friends and the first issue was great.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Thanks for the replies, guys. The way it was set up, almost every box or bin in the shop was all scattered with issues ranging from any title, rarely would you see an entire series together within itself (ex. The Phantom Zone mini-series) which is why I jumped on "World of Smallville" and "World of Krypton" almost immediately. Needed Man of Steel #3 but can't find #5 with Bizarro.

As for the Wizard special, I loved the cover and thought the inside has some pretty cool stories within' it that ranged from all era's and writers experiences with back-story information.

The movie issues, however, always catch my eye. I had to have them, especially the Superman IV: Quest for Peace issue. Brings back childhood memories. I didn't hesitate to grab them. Some cool pictures of Reeve in the Superman III issue, too, which is always a plus.

Love Lobo, though. Lobo, Bizarro and Joker are my 3 fav. villains. I couldn't find much of anything with Bizarro, but the Lobo issue's I picked up were satisfying.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 11-04-2012 at 09:00 AM.

It's always fun going through long boxes during sales like that. I've gotten more back issues in the last six years than I ever had back in the day. Especially when I've been able to get some nice gems.