Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which trades come before the new universe?

I want to read the stories whic eventually lead up to the new time. On amazon I found flashpoint but did it really have only 100+ pages? I thought it was longer!
    Thanks, I'm gonna buy them or get them from the library to read :) thanks!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

... Do you mean the New 52 or Flashpoint?

Stuff like blackest night.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Stuff like blackest night.
    Blackest Night didn't change the timeline. I asked if you want trades before Flashpoint or New 52 specifically.

Before flashpoint.

Before flashpoint.
    Any specific character? Or just DCU stories?
    DCU Stories? I'd recommend Identity Crisis, Final Crisis, Infinite Crisis (although I have not read it), JLA tower of Babel (if you can find it), and not really DCU, but Watchmen. Have you read Watchmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Any specific character? Or just DCU stories?
    DCU Stories? I'd recommend Identity Crisis, Final Crisis, Infinite Crisis (although I have not read it), JLA tower of Babel (if you can find it), and not really DCU, but Watchmen. Have you read Watchmen?
    No, its something I will try some day but I'm just not interested.

No, its something I will try some day but I'm just not interested.
    That's what I thought. I stuck with Batman, and didn't think I'd like that kind of thing. How wrong I was.... If you see it at your library, pick it up.
    But what are your thoughts on the others?

That's what I thought. I stuck with Batman, and didn't think I'd like that kind of thing. How wrong I was.... If you see it at your library, pick it up.
    But what are your thoughts on the others?
    I just want to read the major crossovers, the ones which lead up to the new 52.

I just want to read the major crossovers, the ones which lead up to the new 52.
    There are none that lead up to the New 52. It wasn't an "event" in the same way that, say, Infinite Crisis was. It was a reboot and a relaunch. Like I said, check out the Crisis books, specifically Final Crisis. It has a lot of wacky ideas, but it is brilliant. Identity Crisis is a murder mystery that focuses on the lesser members of the Justice League. Can't comment on Flashpoint. Sinestro Corps War is a good book, although relatively straight forward. SCW is the epitome of Green Lantern events, but you may want to read Green Lantern: Rebirth beforehand. For Batman, check out the No Mans Land trades and the Knightfall trades. NML is definitely superior though. Dark Knight Rises draws a lot from each.
    Why don't you read the synopsis on Amazon and DC for these and tell me what you are interested in.

There are none that lead up to the New 52. It wasn't an "event" in the same way that, say, Infinite Crisis was. It was a reboot and a relaunch. Like I said, check out the Crisis books, specifically Final Crisis. It has a lot of wacky ideas, but it is brilliant. Identity Crisis is a murder mystery that focuses on the lesser members of the Justice League. Can't comment on Flashpoint. Sinestro Corps War is a good book, although relatively straight forward. SCW is the epitome of Green Lantern events, but you may want to read Green Lantern: Rebirth beforehand. For Batman, check out the No Mans Land trades and the Knightfall trades. NML is definitely superior though. Dark Knight Rises draws a lot from each.
    Why don't you read the synopsis on Amazon and DC for these and tell me what you are interested in.
    I have, thing like blackest night and bright day? Meh, I guess I was wrong.

There are none that lead up to the New 52. It wasn't an "event" in the same way that, say, Infinite Crisis was. It was a reboot and a relaunch.
    Flashpoint totally leads up to the New 52. Don't want to spoil the ending to you if you didn't read it but it's really the starting point for the new universe.

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    Flashpoint totally leads up to the New 52. Don't want to spoil the ending to you if you didn't read it but it's really the starting point for the new universe.
    Wait really? I haven't read it, but I thought the New 52 was unrelated to any event. I thought it just rebooted the characters with a little different twist and with new numbering.

And DebkoX, I don't understand your response.

It doesn't matter guys, i'll just find some random stuff.

The last issue of Flashpoint essentially creates the New 52. That is the only issue from the pre-New 52 that is directly related at all.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor