View Poll Results: Is Storm an A-List Character?

Voters
187. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

115 61.50%
  • No

72 38.50%
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quillero View Post
    Lol

I live in south america. Everyone knows wonder woman. My grandma, poor gurls that can barely write that i work with when i so charity, old men. Everyone.

Storm? Not even close.

Get real, people.
    loloolollololololo 101010100101
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

BANNED

what do comic list have to do with popularity among civilians?
    storm is big, but ww and her super friends are out her league
    you're living 30 years ago if you believe that. Kids nowadays don't know who WW or the Super Friends are

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

TBH, DC characters, except for Batman because of those goddamn Batman movies, have become so irrelevant. It's Marvel NOW!

Hahaha...see what I did there?!
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr_hyde2120 View Post
    say what ya want man, you've covered fictitious black chicks dressed as WW. You've used "ulmer scales" Johnny Depp and other nerd shit. All in A fight ya don't have a dog In.

So pretty much you're saying ya Broke out fictitious black chicks dressed as WW. Cus ya like trolling?
    "I don't have a dog in the fight" is an idiom that means I don't care what the outcome is. I don't like/dislike Storm or Wonder Woman. If anything, I'd want to favor Storm, since she's an X-Men character and an important black character. But, in the discussions of "who is A-List" and "what does A-List entail," I can't honestly say Storm is A-List and Wonder Woman isn't.

going after him, instead of his posts, won't change the fact that he's right
    just saying
    Thank you.

Ignoring The list like Psychic Illusion made, and a list some other dude made about the overwhelming difference In non-comic exposure Between WW and Storm for the last 15 yrs makes Lando right?

I ain't goin' after Lando, hold on....maybe I am making fun of his fantasy parties filled with black WW.
    I didn't ignore the posts. I read them and moved on. They're opinions. "I think she is A-List and here's why." That doesn't make it true. Looking further into the post by Psychic Illusion, for example, they list Cyclops as A-List, which is also not true.

However, you might have a better case if you gave it a qualifier of "among Marvel characters, is Storm A-List?"

I don't know why it's so hard for you to believe black women dressed up as Wonder Woman (or Nubia, I guess) for Halloween. Don't you go out during the weekend leading-up to Halloween? Bars, clubs--anything? Maybe you just don't live near a city where people do this? It's a great time, if a little expensive. I recommend trying it one year to see if it suits you, if you're able to.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Ignoring The list like Psychic Illusion made, and a list some other dude made about the overwhelming difference In non-comic exposure Between WW and Storm for the last 15 yrs makes Lando right?

I ain't goin' after Lando, hold on....maybe I am making fun of his fantasy parties filled with black WW.
    Elephant in the room, how often do you think Storm is inserted purely because she is a recognized black female, she's was the Avenger's equivalent of T-Dog.

He never said he was at a party with these women but I suppose you need to attack the person when you don't have anything else, if you've ever been out on halloween you will see people do walk the streets in their costumes and a WW costume stands out

Rolling My Eyes At You mr_hyde2120's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DexterSinister View Post
    Elephant in the room, how often do you think Storm is inserted purely because she is a recognized black female, she's was the Avenger's equivalent of T-Dog.

He never said he was at a party with these women but I suppose you need to attack the person when you don't have anything else, if you've ever been out on halloween you will see people do walk the streets in their costumes and a WW costume stands out
    .....Uh huh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    TBH, DC characters, except for Batman because of those goddamn Batman movies, have become so irrelevant. It's Marvel NOW!

Hahaha...see what I did there?!
    The lineup of Marvel Now books certainly just screams cultural significance.

.....Uh huh
    Glad you agree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    you're living 30 years ago if you believe that. Kids nowadays don't know who WW or the Super Friends are
    disagree
    i heard tons of kids comparing phelps and bolt to aquaman and flash during the games
    justice league was huge in our region fyi

BANNED

disagree
    i heard tons of kids comparing phelps and bolt to aquaman and flash during the games
    justice league was huge in our region fyi
    in yours perhaps. I have an 11year old sister. She's not poor, she's not underprivileged, she has constant access to internet and cable, and she doesn't know who WWoman or fucking Chewbacca is. But she knows who Storm is. So... don't generalize because it is wrong and incorrect.

BANNED

in yours perhaps. I have an 11year old sister. She's not poor, she's not underprivileged, she has constant access to internet and cable, and she doesn't know who WWoman or fucking Chewbacca is. But she knows who Storm is. So... don't generalize because it is wrong and incorrect.
    of course she does
    HER SISTER IS OBSESSED WITH THE BITCH

Chewbacca? you're failing her

of course she does

Beat me to it

So... don't generalize because it is wrong and incorrect.
    Same to you, I'd say :D

BANNED

of course she does

I barely see her. I've never even made her see the X-Men movies (yet) but she saw them nonetheless and knew who the All-Goddess was (as well as that horrible Summers). But I'll never forget that awful moment this very afternoon where she asked what kind of animal Chewbacca was. I almost killed her. I should have. Damn siblings.

BANNED

I barely see her. I've never even made her see the X-Men movies (yet) but she saw them nonetheless and knew who the All-Goddess was (as well as that horrible Summers). But I'll never forget that awful moment this very afternoon where she asked what kind of animal Chewbacca was. I almost killed her. I should have. Damn siblings.
    she needs star wars in her life