View Poll Results: Is Storm an A-List Character?

Voters
187. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

115 61.50%
  • No

72 38.50%
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I dunno, she did a pretty great job of kicking the shit out of Black Panther.
    So you are saying Panther is significant. Thank you for that.

Altho i didnt see shit on panel, so i may need the name of your Optometrist.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    No she is not. Anytime Editorial can negate one of her plots (MARRIAGE) and then have her involved with 4 separate men even during that...does not equal A-list.

No other character has been treated this badly in a long time.
    You still living in fantasy land Roland and butthurt the joke is over. Seriously Roland show me canonical points where you are actually right. You can't. You just have the stuff inside your head.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Fan voting is based on wish fulfillment, and a powerful reminder of why most people aren't talented enough to be writers. Didn't Wolverine beat Lobo in this series? Didn't Superman beat the Hulk? SMDH.
    Isn't Superman supposed to be way stronger than Hulk?

So you are saying Panther is significant. Thank you for that.
    So you're saying Panther is insignificant?

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Isn't Superman supposed to be way stronger than Hulk?
    Silver-age Superman, sure. Strongest comic character ever made. Modern-age Superman? Pffffffft. Gotta be kiddin' me.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

I have to take exception with the idea of Storm being more popular than Wonder Woman. That is definitely stretching it. Storm has been featured in successful live action films portrayed by a gorgeous oscar winner, and three popular animated serials. Outside of the Justice league cartoons, Wonder Woman is best remembered for super-friends and a campy live action serial. And everyone STILL knows who she is. And she can STILL carry her own comic. Storm's got no excuses for coming in second place considering all the advantages she's had over the years, but second place she is.
    How? Carrying her title that is slowly loosing readers. She has the same problem T'challa has. She can't carry a book for long and that's even with her being the first major female hero. I am fan of hers and she's never had the push or the celebrity or widespread appeal Storm has besides when Linda Carter played her. I love Linda Carter even after all these years. But after that what? I loved all her recent animated films... They have been significantly better than the X-men anime. But how has that crossed over into her being more popular than Storm?

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You still living in fantasy land Roland and butthurt the joke is over. Seriously Roland show me canonical points where you are actually right. You can't. You just have the stuff inside your head.

o
    So Storm getting Pwned by Valkyrie is fantasy land. Did any other A-lister get pwned in AvsX?
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

So Storm getting Pwned by Valkyrie is fantasy land. Did any other A-lister get pwned in AvsX?
    Are Captain America (By Havok) and Thor (By Everyone) A-listers?

...Thor? Wolverine? Half the Avengers Squad, to Rachel?

But how has that crossed over into her being more popular than Storm?
    People who have been living under a rock know who Wonder Woman is.

They know Storm as that x-lady who can summon wind and lightning.

Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, shall I keep going? what does that have to do with Storm being A-list? Batman has gotten knocked unconscious by a typewriter, did not change his status at all. Do you think T'challa loosing his capitol city lowered his status or when Doom crippled him?

o

BANNED

Silver-age Superman, sure. Strongest comic character ever made. Modern-age Superman? Pffffffft. Gotta be kiddin' me.
    I swore i read a comment about 52 Superman lifting a planet the other day.

How? Carrying her title that is slowly loosing readers. She has the same problem T'challa has. She can't carry a book for long and that's even with her being the first major female hero. I am fan of hers and she's never had the push or the celebrity or widespread appeal Storm has besides when Linda Carter played her. I love Linda Carter even after all these years. But after that what? I loved all her recent animated films... They have been significantly better than the X-men anime. But how has that crossed over into her being more popular than Storm?

o
    Linda Carter's WW is still heavily imbued in pop culture. It's iconic. The X-Men as a franchise and group are, but Storm isn't. Only Wolverine is really. Storm was an incredibly defining character though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    People who have been living under a rock know who Wonder Woman is.

They know Storm as that x-lady who can summon wind and lightning.
    More kids know who storm is vs folks that know who Wonder Woman is. That's why she won in the first place.

o

I'd say people know who Wonder Woman is but they don't know what her powers are. While people know Storm as Halle Berre and know what her powers are.

How do you define A-list?

Storm is a popular comic book character who has a presence in media outside the comics and who is recognized by people who don't read comic books. If that's A-list then she qualifies.

But is she a pop culture icon? In the early 90s, when the Xmen were at the height of their popularity, I would have said yes, along with Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean. Nowadays, I don't think so as the X-men in general have fallen off the radar. The only one who has maintained pop culture icon status is Wolverine.

Linda Carter's WW is still heavily imbued in pop culture. It's iconic. The X-Men as a franchise and group are, but Storm isn't. Only Wolverine is really. Storm was an incredibly defining character though.
    No one is arguing that's not iconic, but that iconography wasn't enough to grow her brand then and it's not enough now. Storm has been in three movies that grossed 100,000,000 million each. I am not saying they are all good but I am saying that Storm was second after Logan in them.She was in one of the best cartoons of the 90's. That translates into her growing past WW. It's why despite not being that prominent in the last 6 years she still is able to be featured in four books with more on the way. If she wasn't A-list why are authors wanting to use her more?

o