View Poll Results: Is Storm an A-List Character?

Voters
187. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

115 61.50%
  • No

72 38.50%
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    Storm is closer to the nebulous A-List than any other Marvel heroine. She's been acknowledged as Marvel's most recognizable female character by multiple Marvel employees. She also has more comic book appearances than any other female character (including Wonder Woman)
    Really? Do you have a source for this? It seems unlikely. Wonder Woman has been in almost continuous publication for over 70 years, and aside from her own book also had runs in Sensation Comics and various other titles, plus making regular appearances in All-Star Comics (as a JSA member) and JLA for years, among many, many other appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Yes she is, she's easily the best mutant.
    Nah. Storm is boring. Kitty Pryde, Betsy Braddock, Wolverine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Thunderbird, even Whirlwind or Unus the Untouchable are better. Hell, I even prefer Mesmero...

I find Storm to be the best mutant! :P
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rotm View Post
    A supergirl would as well.
    That movie was so painful, and movies were double features for 5$ at that time, I wanted to leave half an hour into it. Masters of the Universe felt less dull somewhat.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    That movie was so painful, and movies were double features for 5$ at that time, I wanted to leave half an hour into it. Masters of the Universe felt less dull somewhat.
    Supergirl is the best comic movie of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Supergirl is the best comic movie of all time.
    I broke my foot for that film, so it has a treasured place in my heart.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

storm has 3 movies 4 cartoons and 30 years presence in the #1 (sales) comic book (also leader most of the time)
    she is more famous than woderwoman her main antagonist. Avengers women were never famous susan storm isn't that famous either. only rogue and jean were really popular but jean is dead and rogue a pushover now. So yes she is an A-lister. Find me a female superhero who is more famous than Storm i dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hah Wasp isn't A-list. C-list at best.
    You have just made my shitlist.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

conceptually, I think the creators over at Marvel understand Storm and her presence in the MU more than her fans want to admit. I am not the biggest fan of hers but I think she's A-List because really, she's given a huge breadth of activity in the 616 on whole, Moreso than really, any other female character bar Emma. They give Storm a whole lotta freedom. When she wants to lead a team of mutants, she leads a team of mutants. When she wants to play house in Wakanda, they make her Queen. Pal around with Avengers and the FF? She gets to do that as well. Be Spider Man's sidekick when she's in NY shopping for more cork espadrilles? Got it. While the past few years haven't exactly been the most thrilling for readers, in the grand scheme, it has been for Storm's overall mythology. She's the strong willed adventurer and that's how she looked at her marriage: a new adventure. Seeing her fail at it miserably makes me warm to the character again because it hits a noted theme in her history as the Goddess that is constantly getting taken down a peg. There just arent ANY X-Women that have as rich a history, sorry Rogue.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    You have just made my shitlist.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    storm has 3 movies 4 cartoons and 30 years presence in the #1 (sales) comic book (also leader most of the time)
    she is more famous than woderwoman her main antagonist. Avengers women were never famous susan storm isn't that famous either. only rogue and jean were really popular but jean is dead and rogue a pushover now. So yes she is an A-lister. Find me a female superhero who is more famous than Storm i dare you.
    Buffy? And is a presence that started outside of comic books.

I had a discussion about this with friends after Avengers came out. There really are no female superhero than non-fanboys are familiar with. It's basically just Wonder Woman and Storm. Catwoman is debatable in terms of if she is a hero. Otherwise it's mostly female spawns of their male counter parts... Supergirl, Batgirl, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, X-23, Spider-Woman, etc. Or X-Women... Jean, Rogue, Mystique, Emma, Kitty, Jubilee. X-Men has consistently had the most in number and in quality female characters. People are familiar with Invisible Woman, but its never their go to. Black Widow is on the rise with the Avengers movie. Elektra and Black Cat are mildly known due to appearances in games, apparel, etc. There is no question Storm is Marvel's #1 female.

Even think of it in terms of Halloween costumes: you have claws people know you are Wolverine, you are big and green you are the hulk, a shield... cap, etc. People would know instantly who you are. Just like they would know Storm if you had white hair and were black; or wore leather/cape. She is a identifiable and that makes her A-List.
    My Canon > Your Canon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    she is more famous than woderwoman her main antagonist.
    I doubt if most of the general public has any idea who Storm is. Pretty much the entire planet recognizes Wonder Woman, even if they've never read a comic. Also, I have no idea what you mean by "antagonist" in this context. The two characters have never met.
    Avengers women were never famous susan storm isn't that famous either. only rogue and jean were really popular but jean is dead and rogue a pushover now. So yes she is an A-lister. Find me a female superhero who is more famous than Storm i dare you.
    Wonder Woman. Supergirl. Batgirl. You want more?

The two characters have never met.
    Yes, they did.
    In Marvel vs DC.

Storm won (which is PIS, off course, but nevertheless), because more fans voted for here, which is pretty impressive.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

She's iconic enough. A-lister.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detail[1].jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	103805
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

BANNED

People always get so uptight about this.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    What the hell, put her in the new Avengers movie. I think she's more interesting than Black Widow.