Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel & NBA's Brooklyn Nets Unveil New Super Hero

During Saturday's Brooklyn Nets / Toronto Raptors National Basketball Association game, Marvel & the Nets unveiled a new Super Hero, the BrooklyKnight, the "protector of Brooklyn's home town team."

Full article here.

I'm not a Nets fan, but I want this!!!
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

That looks incredibly bad, so bad it makes those heroes that Stan Lee came up for the NHL actually look awesome in comparison.

NfL superpro!!!

Someone needs to share the contents of the 32-page comic featuring this hero's sure-to-be exciting origin, please. ;)

Well I'm NYK all day so it really doesn't matter to me. Much like the Nets themselves. Jersey, Brooklyn, it doesn't matter i just can't find it in me to care about them.

Talk to me when Captain Knickerbocker shows up. And if he does, please tell me his arch enemies are Reggie Miller and Isaiah Thomas. A Captain America#1 esq cover with him knocking out one of those two would make my day.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

“Forged from the blood, sweat and tears of Brooklyn itself -- always ready to defend his home and defeat any challenger -- all hail the BrooklyKnight!” exclaimed Bill Rosemann, Editor, Marvel Custom Solutions

I am picturing a middle age bald man in a suit & tie, screaming this loudly while at his desk.

Can't wait until issue #3, where Brooklyknight gets mugged for his high tops while riding the subway home after a game.
    Last edited by MDV; 11-03-2012 at 10:08 PM.

What's "Brooklyk"?

Screw the poor, weak and defenseless, this guy uses his abilities for what really matters - defending a bunch of guys who get paid millions of dollars to throw a ball around!
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by MDV View Post
    “Forged from the blood, sweat and tears of Brooklyn itself -- always ready to defend his home and defeat any challenger -- all hail the BrooklyKnight!” exclaimed Bill Rosemann, Editor, Marvel Custom Solutions

I am picturing a middle age bald man in a suit & tie, screaming this loudly while at his desk.
    Not quite:

Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post

Well I'm NYK all day so it really doesn't matter to me. Much like the Nets themselves. Jersey, Brooklyn, it doesn't matter i just can't find it in me to care about them.

Talk to me when Captain Knickerbocker shows up. And if he does, please tell me his arch enemies are Reggie Miller and Isaiah Thomas. A Captain America#1 esq cover with him knocking out one of those two would make my day.
    Classic Knicks fans. Still reliving the only era that they were good since the early seventies...
    Hawkeye, X-Men Legacy, FF, Animal Man, Wonder Woman, Manhattan Projects, Fatale, East of West, Bedlam, Saga, Bandette, Nowhere Men

his costume is a combination of Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Knight and Dr.Doom. on a side note:- this superhero won't last a month !!

Quote Originally Posted by funkygarcon View Post
    his costume is a combination of Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Knight and Dr.Doom. on a side note:- this superhero won't last a month !!
    Eh? He's the team mascot. Why wouldn't he last longer than that?
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    NfL superpro!!!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if Marvel has a stake in the ownership of this character. Hell I wonder if they co-own NFL Superpro. Maybe they own Superpro. He has been mentioned a couple times but never depicted. They obviously can't call him NFL Superpro.

Eh. Whatever.
    Stetsons are cool!~The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Classic Knicks fans. Still reliving the only era that they were good since the early seventies...
    no need to relive it, its happening right now.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."