Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman vs Thor

You look up... and you see two gods among men descending upon you...

...with suitcases.

And instead of the blue Kryptonian wear or Norse armor, they are both wearing business suits.

In fact, you can almost swear that Clark Kent is flying in public and Donald Blake has joined him.

They land on your doorstep. Together, they both answer that sign you left on your door saying you were offering one bedroom. Now you have to decide, who will you accept into your home and who will walk away, disappointed. You also have no way of knowing which "version" of these characters is standing in front of you, at least not right off the bat.

Superman or Thor?

Which one can you put up with?

The mild mannered one...

The Doctor.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Since I don't know which versions I'm dealing with, I have to ask myself:

Is it safer to tell potential Superdick to take a hike, or let him live with me?

Either way, if it turns out to be Superdick, I probably end up married to a Gorilla, or perhaps Thor.

Hanging out with Thor would be cool, but I think I'll take Superman. He's more inspiring(usually), and maybe i can pick up some writing tips from good old Kent.

I think people aren't taking into account the "you don't know which version you get" thing enough. Superman is probably the better room mate if its normal Superman(he'd probably rarely be around). Though you might get Superdick or even some of the actually evil versions of Supes. Ok so I guess Superdick is kind of evil, he just usually won't kill you he's more about making you feel inferior and just preventing you from achieving anything in life. Just seems like Thor has less evil/dickish versions out there. I'd probably take my chances with Thor..at least he'd probably get drunk with you ever so often. The versions of Superman who will actually drink(or would if you had booze that worked on them) with you are also probably the ones that will horribly kill you in your sleep or just ruin your life. I sure as hell would not trust the evil psionic version of Supes, just to throw out one other version besides Superdick.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-04-2012 at 04:19 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

I love Thor as a character more than Superman but I'd take a risk that these are both the "main universe" characters and go with Superman. Thor can get into that "keep your place, mortal" attitude that might make me say something to him that would make him really, really mad whereas Superman generally doesn't go into that "I'm better than you" mentality.

Thor - even though I am not a fan of Donald Blake, I'll still take that risk.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I look Clark in the eyes, point to the right and say "There's a gorilla about a 100 miles in that direction.".

If I'm not married to it within ten seconds I'll know that it's not Superdick and I think that Clark would fit me better as a roommate than Donald Blake.

It might be safer to be roomed in with Donald than Clark. I think it's lesser known that Donald is Thor, as opposed to a few people knowing Clark is Superman, right? I'm not caught up in Superman mythos but isn't it more common knowledge that Clark is Superman as opposed to Donald being Thor? If so, more villains might come knocking if you're roomies with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    It might be safer to be roomed in with Donald than Clark. I think it's lesser known that Donald is Thor, as opposed to a few people knowing Clark is Superman, right? I'm not caught up in Superman mythos but isn't it more common knowledge that Clark is Superman as opposed to Donald being Thor? If so, more villains might come knocking if you're roomies with Superman.
    I can't think of any Superman villians that know he's Clark except Mxy and he's usaully more of a trickster then anything.

Superman has been leaving so quickly and quietly that people don't notice it for years.

Thor shouts at the top of his lungs, speaks in an annoying pseudo-old speak and his buddies are drunks.

...I think I'll stick with Superman.

Also, both are roughly as bad at their worst...but Superman's best is way better than Thor's. So I don't risk that much.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar

With my luck, I'll get Bruce Wayne (from Speeding Bullets: what if Kal-El had been adopted by Thomas and Martha Wayne) if I take Superman. Extra money might be nice. But it might also mean:

"MY EARTH PARENTS ARE DEAAAD!!! AND MY KRYPTONIAN PARENTS ARE DEEAAAAAAADDD TOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 11-04-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I look Clark in the eyes, point to the right and say "There's a gorilla about a 100 miles in that direction.".

If I'm not married to it within ten seconds I'll know that it's not Superdick and I think that Clark would fit me better as a roommate than Donald Blake.
    Keep in mind though marrying you to a gorilla is probably the least worst thing he could do to you. He marries his friends/adopted children to gorillas..who knows what he's going to do to someone he just met and I get the feeling the guy could be creepily patient when the time calls for it.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Superman. At worse he's a Nazi.

Thor at worse is like Odin-force crazy.